It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird dream/sleep thingy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a few weeks ago at a m8s house (band rehursal) before a gig, i wasnt feeling too well and had a bad headache and went to sit downstairs, i ended up dozing off, but as i was falling asleep i could see things in front of me, i didnt move my head as i thought i wud wake up, but i cud see things in detail as if my eyes were open (even tho it was slightly blurry)

i then opened my eyes and tried to go to sleep again

this time i dozed off but instead of seeing things in front of me, i was reading something, the words were clear in front of me (as if my eyes were open) but what i was reading made no sense

is this normal?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hmm thats a bit strange...
have you had anything like this before.?

it could just be a kinda dream state but i suggest you try and write down things you see just in case there is a meaning to the dream...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Cleggy dont worry, your mind was overworked by memorization.

You were visually "building" a memory of what ever you were doing. You said you were practicing in a band. Well music is a "visual" art. It really has nothing to do with sound. Most people who are musically gifted "see" the composition of their next work in their mind before even playing it. Then they match up what they can reproduce to what they "see" in their mind as to the beat stroke, rhythm etc

You just were at a point (exhaustion) that your mind revealed to you (by accident ?) the visual composition of what it was that you were practicing or memorizing.

So dont worry, just get rest, you can tap this ability if you feel comfortable to produce your music in the future.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
its happened before.....
i wasnt doing anything intresting or artistic
i saw the same, the things that were in front of me

and you mention people who are musically gifted, i am not gifted at all, i find it difficult to play my bass!

u also mention exhaustion, i wasnt knackered, just hungover and feeling ill
but when it happened before i wasnt ill or anything else.....

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by cleggy*]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I had a similar experience a little while back
I posted it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join