It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crashes in 1991 and may still be there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i recently came across a story that you may have or haven't heard of."in short" On Aug. 28th 1991 Russian radar picked up a huge craft and sent 2 mig's after it. they fired warning shots from a distance with no response. then they were ordered to move in and take it out. on approach their missile systems failed and their engines followed. they retreated back to base and the radar tower lost the signal of the craft. Reports came in of a ufo crash later on near the incursion. Rumors came about until locals found the site and reported radiation burns and strange occurrences in a place called Shaitan Mazar. First Russian military attempt at getting the wreckage failed in November of that year . the helicopter crashed killing all aboard. they wern't going to try again until june of the next year after the harsh winter. a civilian expedition set out to beat the military and did. they also experienced radiation problems. no film worked and many other problems. they took measurements and took notes as too what they saw from a long distance away.

then i read this story of an expedition in 1998 and the craft was still there.

www.rense.com...

the exact location was given 42o10'-42o12' of northern latitude, and between 79o40'-79o42' of east longitude. i google mapped it and even google had it marked but i saw no craft... "like i would".the location given by the author is slightly above google earths location.
here is a pic on google earth.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

so as far as i know it was still there 7 years after the crash and to dangerous to go near and machinery doesnt work near it. So i wonder how and if its been removed. could the worlds biggest smoking gun be in an untouchable zone in russia? if you know of this story or its been posted here let me know. i looked here and found no info on it.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by mrRviewer]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I never like these crashed ufo stories and certainly would hate adding to it, but Im on ATS so here goes...

Is this what youre looking for?

Next picture highlights what could be argued as part of the craft, whilst the second red line could identify where it has been partially buried to prevent unauthorised viewing

For my part I suspect the story as bogus and that someone has googled a remote place and looked for an item which could be pointed out, which Ive done

If it is true and if the CIA and/or MIB are reading this post then they will remove this picture from googleearth and photobucket and claim it never existed etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I heared about this story a few years ago, in the story i listened too the object was supposed to have mostly buried itself in the swampy area, the rumours of people becoming ill where also part of the story, the difference i heard was that the russians tried to destroy it with i dunno explosives or a missile?

I was also led to believe the object was still there and they gave up trying to remove it a long time ago, but your story does tie in with what has been told, so maybe there is some truth in it, there was also a media blackout enforced with private citizens and anyone not authorised forbidden to go anywhere near the area, S&F want to keep watch to see what comes out of it, but yep there are stories about this object circulating in Europe well it was a few years back.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
well it could be Mark Roazhar but im not sure. was that taken at the base of the same mountain or at another location near by? it looks allot cleaner then the google earth close up. On google earth i typed in "Shaitan Mazar Russia" it gave me "ET crash 1991" and when you zoom in real close it's like they took the pictures on a hazy foggy day.

another story by Bill Both on ask .com tells more of the 1991 events

ufos.about.com...

i didn't notice yesterday when i found the "sightings" news but there is also a crude artistic sketch on graph paper at the end of the story. the writer mentions to pay close attention to the symbols. the only problem on the sketch everything is in Russian.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrRviewer
well it could be Mark Roazhar but im not sure. was that taken at the base of the same mountain or at another location near by? it looks allot cleaner then the google earth close up. On google earth i typed in "Shaitan Mazar Russia" it gave me "ET crash 1991" and when you zoom in real close it's like they took the pictures on a hazy foggy day.

42o10'-42o12' of northern latitude, and between 79o40'-79o42'

I used the coordinates you supplied from the article and had a quick scan of what was there, as can be seen by the bottom left.
As can be seen, mine is a lot closer in than yours (500ft as opposed to 22,000ft)
I never trust place pins on googleearth as they seem to have been placed by blind people (as is the case with my local area)

Edit: Heres an interesting article for those who are suddenly planning an expedition:
www.ufocasebook.com...

Final paragraph from the last expedition

They did make the site, but the UFO was gone. Too much time had elapsed, and more than likely, the military had removed it the spring following the semi-successful second expedition. Markers left by the second group were still there, but the craft and the helicopter were gone. The ground had been planed by construction equipment, removing any sign of the original crash. The gigantic UFO of 1991 was not an illusion. It had been confirmed by radar, and seen by four pilots, who described it in detail. The second expedition had found the craft, and drawn sketches and diagrams of it. They had meticulously duplicated the alien markings on its tail. For a few fleeting moments, the hope of the entire UFO community had been achieved. One disappointment after another had made that triumph short-lived. When the third expedition had found nothing at the site, doubt began to arise about the validity of the findings of the second group. There is too much documentation from independent witnesses to dispute the existence of the UFO. Most UFO enthusiasts believe the testimony of the members of the second expedition. An extraterrestrial spacecraft crashed in the "Grave of the Devil," in the Tien Shan Mountains.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What part of Russia is this supposed Shaitan Mazar in? That isn't a Russian word or term, it's Persian.

UPDATE:

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar
An extraterrestrial spacecraft crashed in the "Grave of the Devil," in the Tien Shan Mountains.

And the Tien Shan aren't in Russia either; they were part of the Soviet Union, but definitely not "Russia" are we currently understand it.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

The craft portion of your picture looks a lot like the other rock formations around it. All I see is dirt and rock. I suppose the circular shape of the object certainly leads towards a disk shape craft but.....again the portion not covered by dirt looks like the other rock portions surrounding it.

Great pics though by the way

[edit on 16-4-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i would have to say using google earth to track down a UFO is pointless. Just that it would be nice if the artist who covers up things that arn't meant to be seen kind of missed this one or simply put a tag in the wrong spot to throw us off. as i noticed longitude and latitude were close to google's tag but maybe both are off. but i really cant see anything there in such low resolution imagery. it's like being an ant under a table and wondering what the giants are eating by looking at the crumbs that fall in your lap. then when you think you figured it out they step on ya!

new topics

top topics

join