It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Clintons sacrificing themselves...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
In other words, could this drawn out Democratic campaign be the party's grand strategy to guarantee the Obama presidency by venting him out and allowing him to shine with his high-ground eloquence. In the meantime, creating lots of Democratic noise in traditionally red states, which, otherwise, would have been difficult for a sole candidate. And by being constantly in the news, preventing McCain from entering the election limelight.

I am inclined to believe that the party has not really planned it so from the start, but recognized early on the benefits of the intense Clinton-Obama race as beneficial to their cause and encouraged Hillary to stay on, as Rush Limbaugh clumsily and hatefully put it, "to bloody up Obama". Both Clintons have done a masterful, if self damaging job at that, and the bloodied up Obama has so far risen to every challenge with the level of skill, intelligence and wisdom that every president should possess. Through the efforts of the old dog Clinton and almost brilliant execution of his wife and comrade, the "hope and change, yes we can" boy scout of 2007 is now a bloodied up warrior to not only guarantee a Democratic White House, but also guarantee the momentum needed for the trongest start possible with clear majority in both houses for years to come. Anything less might simply not be enough to reverse the damage done in the past 8 years, balancing out the supreme court, dealing with social issues, infrastructure, education, health care, etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Don't you mean, "Are the Clintons sacrificing themselves to bloody up Obama so that McCain will win the electon?" You know, since they all part of the same shadowy council.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

No, I really don't... Up until relatively recently, it certainly seemed that way. But lately, I am beginning to see how unelectable McCain is. The Clintons' under the belt fight simply does not make sense, since she is loosing all credibility for a possible run for president in 2012.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I still do not see any evidence that the Clintons are trying to 'ehlp' Obama get to the White House. I'm quite convinced that the tenacity of H Clinton is driving deep derisive wedges in the Democratic party.

The 3 way campaign that we currently have is interesting if you look at it and consider the 'traditional' right vs left, rep vs dem match up. John McCain is not a typical Republican. Socially he learns more toward the center than any of his historical predecessors, this is shown by his voting record - his campaign tries to paint him in a different light. HC is not a typical Democrat, she atually comes down much closer to the NeoCon party line. Obama does however fall under the historical ideas of a Democrat.

So we have three candidates, two who fall outside typical party lines. I postulate that todays supporter of HC will be much more likely to cross over and vote for McCain when it comes November as the two candidate4s are cut from a similar cloth. This is supported by the devisive politics being played on the campaign trail currently. There is a great distaste among the HC supporters for Obama. When Obama gets the nomination, as math indicates, many HC supporters will be too bitter to get in line behind Obama in party unity. Even if only 20% of her supporters cross into the McCain camp it will make the November election much less of the shoe in for Obama that it should be.

Therefore, I present that HC is remaining in the race to fragment the Dem party, as well as independent voters come Nov. This only possible result of this is to bolster McCain. HC is damaging the Dem party.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The most appropriate description that I have seen of the Clinton campaign has been "Murder Suicide". She is sacrificing herself to ensure that Obama won't be elected.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You just have a case where the press speaks for obama. When obama does something stupid, like the bitter remark, the press argues for him. Of course it is the other way round for clinton.

Watching some of the press trying there best to put a good face on the bitter remark, and seeing how stupid the american audience is to obama, while he just plays around with them and they lap it up. Do you not understand why he thinks he is in the elite, when those people do not understand how stupid they are voting for someone who clearly hates america, lol.

Can anyone name another president that hated america like obama does. The song by green day is for any one voting for obama, namely american idiot. lol

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Clinton lies through her teeth and the media chuckles at it. Obama speaks the truth about people being bitter and he gets grilled for it. I don't think we are watching the same news.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sacrifice?
I don't think they know the meaning of that word.
George Soros, the man that broke the bank of England, is feverishly working behind the scenes to put a Lib in office to help fulfill his agenda.

new topics

top topics

join