It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Solution to the Frequent Car Bombings in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, it was my best choice.

Forgive me if this is an asinine theory. I thought it up when I heard of yet another car bombing in Iraq, several in fact. It seems to me like these car bombings have been the cause of a lot of strife for our military and the civilians, alike.

So... here is my wild hyhpothetical solution (at least to this one problem).

Disable all the cars (and yes, trucks, vans, etc. that are not military vehicles).

Now, that would be hell on travel for the innocent bystanders who are trying to have some semblance of normalicy, but, consider this:

military run transit system... just until things calm down to where this thing is over... so you know, 100 years or so if we go with McCain.

PS - bicycles could be handy too.

BTW, I am NOT trying to make light of the situation, I would not do that. I can not imagine what everyone is going through over there, and I hope I never have to... although I worry... but that is for other threads.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

Unfortunately, we are being left handed with a leaking bag full of dung and theres not a whole lot that makes sense of it.

Simply, our military doesnt have the resources it needs to sustain itself now, it sure as hell doesnt have the capacity to be Greyhound Iraq.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DisInfo

No doubt. Like I said, "wild hypothetical solution". I never said it would actually be something that could work.

I just seemed like a "doctor, it hurts when I do X" and the doctor replies, "well don't do X anymore".

How many have been killed/maimed by car bombs? It just seemed like, if there were no cars to make bombs of, then it could only help.

Nonsense, I know.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I believe the only way to curtail the number of IEDs would be to limit who can come into Iraq. Sealing up the borders would be about the only way, but if we can seal our southern border, I dont see Iraq ever being sealed up.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hey nice thought on the car disabling, unfortunately the state of affairs being what they are in Iraq would decimate the already fragile economy there. Plus what's to stop the factions from stepping up the human bombs then. I really don't see much more we can do over there to stop the violence.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ford2007shelby

Thanks for thinking it was a good hypothetical. I knew it was not realistic when I posted it. a shame, really. But, you are certainly rihgt, it would not stop the bombs, just take away one disguise for them.

I feel for the innocents over there. They had it bad before, under Saddam... that I don't doubt, but now... Plus, we weren't even asked to help. Not that we did. Sure, we took Saddam out of power, but that wasn't for us to do - that was for them. The only way to truly appreciate something is to choose it for yourself. Like religion, in a way.

So, now we are left with this conundrum of having a mess over there that we can't just pack it up and leave, yet, by being there, we are not necessarily helping the situation. Now it is a matter of trying to fix what we broke. And they pay for it. Sure, we do too, in more ways than one, but we are saved from having to live it, with the obvious exception of the military.

new topics

top topics

join