It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOLD STANDARD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
With all of the talk of China dumping the Dollar I remind everyone of the many threads on the GOLD standard. At one time our Dollar was gaurteened by gold & was strong. Simlpe calls to our politicial leaders urgeing them to return to gold backing would in the long run return the Dollar to being strong again.
Unfourntally we've become a service industry, We make nothing of value any more. Other than working at McDonalds.
Vote Americian, Made in USA get Americian jobs back to Americians

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by barmshadow84

" Simlpe calls to our politicial leaders urgeing them to return to gold backing would in the long run return the Dollar to being strong again. "

It'll never happen, because this situation was no accident. It was all planned as difficult as that may be for some to believe.

Just wait til you see the empty shelves at the grocery and see what good your gold will do you!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You know, I really don't care WHAT standard is used so long as it is not 'virtual'.

I suppose in lieu of precious metals we could use water. Let's see them horde THAT!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Differing valued labors should also back our money along with whatever else is already. See my topic on the economic board "Addition to backing money".

top topics

join