It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane slams into homes, marketplace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Plane slams into homes, marketplace

www.cnn.com

A plane crashed Tuesday shortly after taking off from the Goma airport in the Democratic Republic of Congo, tearing the roofs off houses as it plowed through a densely populated marketplace near the runway.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hmm.. all these flights getting delayed and now this?

Coincidence?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That's what I thought when I first saw the title of your thread, however, it wasn't even an American airline.

Don't think there's any correlation there.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
First of all; This was a tragedy. A lot of innocent bystanders got killed.

The plane was a DC-9, not any of our grounded fleet (to my knowledge, please correct if I'm miss-reporting).

Here is an interesting bit from the CIA fact book 'Online'. It's a breakdown of the pop by religion.

Roman Catholic 50%, Protestant 20%, Kimbanguist 10%, Muslim 10%, other (includes syncretic sects and indigenous beliefs) 10%

Here's the link

CIA FACTBOOK, CONGO

I suppose that there might be too many Christians there for the liking of some hard-core Talibani's. But this place is a sub-Saharan subsistence farming country. They aren't home to "The Great Satan". These are impoverished people just trying to eke out an existence.

The CIA report also goes on about how the country only has 9.5k telephone land lines, 4.2 M cell phone lines, and

new topics

top topics

join