It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the mass school shooters were on medication!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

quite true. in Detroit while I was growing up (and I'm 22, so this was definitely before Columbine), shootings were a regular occurance. but somehow when it's black kids shooting each other in a school that's in a bad neighborhood, no one really cares.

That's because shootouts in the urban, inner-city is mostly due to gang activity or just beef.

Trust me, I've seen it. When I was in 6th grade there was a driveby right in front of my school. It happened around 5pm and school got out at 3:40. Imagine me, a 11 year old kid waiting for his mom to pick him up after basketball practice and then I'm diving to the floor to escape the bullets.

But anyway, when white kids do it in White America they are rampages. 20, 25 kids get shot.

Illuminati is at work.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
U ignorant people make me sick!! If u have never taken anti-depressants, then dont comment on them! I suffered from some pretty serious depression wen i was in the 11 grade, and anti-depressants helped me, they put everything into perspective, they helped me operate in a world that i had become very withdrawn from.

All this krap about them not working (Megalodon) and making those collumbine shooters do wat they did, is phucked! They had a whole loada more problems then just depression... wen u are depressed and i mean really depressed... to the point that u are gonna act and do something to stop those feelings... u are more likely to take it out on your self (suicide) then out on other people.

Oh and Cloud... ya "pills", just made clear how much your life sucked?? I think u needed to stay on them a bit longer than a month... and take a good hard look at your life... cos it prolly isnt empty, and never was!

[Edited on 5/5/2004 by jameo131i]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Drugs have different effects on different people
not everyone reacts the same way
but i personaly beleive ritalin dulls your
mind my friend was on it for 2 years
while he was on it he went from
fighting the system like me to
being a complacent sheeple like every one
else.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
OK....
idk if anybody commented on this before but i didnt really want to read every post but..
NOT all school shootings had a person on medication...
how do i know?
i was in one...The kid shot the teacher...and he was definetely not on medication
look it up - nathanial brazil (spelling might be wrong) lake worth middle school...
This also happened to me in 6th grade illmatic, weird...
But anyway, i contradicted you so i win

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
this is old news everybody knew these kids were wired on miserableness, sounds like your average bad kid who doesnt like skool and only wears army clothes and came from a farm. that has parents who just do drugs all night or ones who dont give their kids enough attention because they dont care about their world...tsk tsk...ask god for forgiveness...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I myself personaly have not taken anti- depressants- but a friend of mine has manic depression- but she goes on highs instead of lows. She was put on morphine i think and it drowned her out- she always slept and never had any motivation.

Like others have said different people react with different drugs in different ways- so it could help others or not- but i do think doctors will prescribe them too quickly without thought.

To the shootings- they were just messed up kids and i dont think that the drugs were all to blame, it was a mixture of many things like the free ability to be able to get hold of guns, hatred for school ( we all know that one) and hatred for life- but they went completley over the top- and for what exactly?

In the fifties anphetamines ( sorry for the bad spelling) were prescribed to housewifes as sliming pills because it keeps your metabolism rate fast and havent you noticed how they were always cleaning- yup thats the speed(thats my theory anyway) it was also used during worl war one and two in the army to keep the soliders awake and on target- but thats got nothing really to do with this thread so i will stop now!!

Sorry if i have babbled- im quite good at doing that

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
jameo, i would never take those pills again, cuz they screwed with my head in a bad way. i could no longer find inspiration in those days. you know the whole typical teenage angst that affects a lot of the youth, well i had that i suppose and a slight case of add and insomnia (still do have those both), but i don't need any pills to help me with the "depression."

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
[edit on 5-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My problem was basically that I've always been very shy and lacked confidence. This was making me depressed. After one failed suicide attempt. I read online about beta blockers doing wonders for people with shyness or confidence problems. Unfortunately no mater how hard I tried I couldn't convince my doctor to prescribe betablockers. Instead he put me on anti-depressants.

First I was prescribed fluoxetine (prozac). Took half a tablet at first and was out like a light for 12 hours. Went to college the next day and took one tablet before I went. By lunchtime I was feeling physically sick & having anxiety attacks. I just couldn't stop shaking. To others it probably looked like I was trying to break dance.
As soon as I got home I threw the rest in the bin.

Next I was put on seroxat, which I took for six months but they did absolutely nothing apart from make me even more angry & paranoid.

Finally I was prescribed citalopram. I took these for about 4 months then I started having some really bad side effects, not to mention increased bouts of rage and anger. It's like I was turning into the incredible hulk. Just couldn't understand where this rage was coming from. I also started becoming dizzy, blacking out and suffering from numbness all over. I completely lost any feeling in my head and immediately had to come off them.

I was also seeing a psychologist at the time along with care workers, but because there was no real progress being made I was told I would have to take even more anti-depressants or I could no longer continue with any kind of counselling.
And because of the bad experiences I've had with anti-depressants I refused to take any more so I was no longer eligible for counselling or therapy. That basically put me back where I started and in complete despair. I tried to find another solution to my problem and I am still looking. Tried meditation, self hypnosis, countless self help books and audio tapes without success. What can i say about shyness other than it's lifetime curse.

As for anti-depressants I wish I had never took any of them. I still had bouts of anger afterwards, but thankfully managed to control it through meditation. They certainly didn't help me in any way.

I'm beginning to think that maybe my problem is health related. I recently discovered that I have parasites in my eyes. (Not floaters as I have those too) Literally hundreds of them swimming about in my vision. I went to the doctors about it, had a stool sample analysed and was told they didn't find anything. Went to another doctor and again was told they couldn't find anything. Well I sure as hell can. Geez I give up. If there in my eyes, I bet they are everywhere. God knows what effect this is having on my nervous system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join