It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit/Ghost caught in my photo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have always been interested in the idea of spirits and feel that at times I am connecting with other beings where I'm thought about life (via dreams, intuitions). I used to have re-occurrence events allot as a child and feel that recently I'm connecting with that source once again.

On this particular day where this photo was taken, i was offroading with few buddies and as I was leading the path, I came across a very tight cliff where the gravel gave out and my truck almost fell of the cliff with me in it. I'm not sure how but something stopped it from tipping over and by some fluke after few min I was able to pull the truck out. Later on that day we take photos of my buddies truck and switched and he took a photo of my truck. This ghost figure ONLY shows in my photo and above my head. This was NOT there (smoke, fog, etc) at the moment and I even checked the negative and noticed it to be only in that one photo.

If you look closely at it, you can easily see a face (eyes, mouth,horn?) body (shoulder, legs, wing, tail?). At first I thought I might be evil as it all represents a smiling devilish looking ghost, but then again I am the most honest, good hearted person I know. So maybe this ghost was hanging around there when the photo was taken, or maybe that's what my spritual guide looks like and we made the devil (Hollywood) to look like one!

I can assure you, that this photo has NOT been touched with any photo editing programs and is as shown here, nor this is a hoax. I'm simply looking to hear your thoughts and trying to make sense of this. I also like to know if anyone else had images with ghosts in them, similar to mine!

These 2x photos I enlarged and changed the filter to make it more visible!

[edit on 15-4-2008 by freighttrain]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Looks like a cold day in that pic.... that being said, it also looks like exhaust from the jeep... just my 2.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have no clue.
Or it could be the coolness being emitted from your Jeep, fellow Jeep owner . . .

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Was the person taking the picture smoking? I have taken many pictures in my line of work and had to delete alot of pics on my digital cam due my cig smoke getting in the shot. But, alot of the pictures I have taken look quite simular to yours. It's a cool pic, with all the mud on your jeep!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Looks like a cold day in that pic.... that being said, it also looks like exhaust from the jeep... just my 2.

Car was off at the time of this photo. Keep in mind this wasn't anything visible to my eyes, or else I would have noticed it then. I took a photo of my buddies truck before this photo, probably a minute earlier and nothing was wrong with his photo!

link   
Dirty jeep, dirty lens too... Guess you guys just got dirty... Not a ghost or spirit in my opinion...

link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
Was the person taking the picture smoking? I have taken many pictures in my line of work and had to delete alot of pics on my digital cam due my cig smoke getting in the shot. But, alot of the pictures I have taken look quite simular to yours. It's a cool pic, with all the mud on your jeep!

hehe, no smoking there. Funny you say that my buddy that took the photo quit smoking earlier that week!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
Dirty jeep, dirty lens too... Guess you guys just got dirty... Not a ghost or spirit in my opinion...

Like I mentioned earlier used the same camera to take few photos right before this one, it only showed on that one photo not before nor after. Also, just because Jeep is dirty it doesn't make my camera in the glove department dirty!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Looks like something on your window, or possibly a bit of smoke/steam from the exhaust

You get annoying automessages if you just reply with one line so Im adding some crap here to pad it out

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A spirit reaching down towards your head and a spermatozoa descending on the left?

Or something else.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Did you have a near-death experience almost going off that cliff? Or would you have survived it?

A near death experience attracts all kinds of attention from the other side.

But would that have led to your photographing a spirit? Hard to say. Although it does look like a winged spirit leaning over you it is probably an amorphous object. I have no problem considering that spirits can be photographed, but other people are always going to offer the laymens explanation. I won't bother - you already know those.

By the way, killer mountains, reminds me of home

[edit on 17-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Yes, I've had many near death experiences. One on that day, when the truck almost fell off the cliff. Personally I think it's a spirit but first time seen one so vivid in any of my photos, guess I'll find out when I leave this world!

PS. yes, great mountains. It's in Sqamish, BC (Canada) amazing trails up there!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You've got a real mystery photo there!

I've seen a lot of strange photos, many explainable, but I don't see any obvious explanation for this one, especially if the pictures right before and after this showed no apparition, it can't be a dirty lens. Otherwise either a dirty lens or something in front of the lens would have been my guess.

I don't know of anything that would account for that shape if it's something immediately in front of the lens, say out of focus.

I agree the muddy jeep looks cool, speaking as a fellow jeep owner.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this one to my attention:
if actually nothing has been shown right before nor after (what happened after is less important, but we need the pics taken after too) then the photo is extremely puzzling: a serious investigation over your set of photos would require also the set of photos themselves: i mean all the photos that you took before and after, within some reasoneable lapse of time of 10/10 hence all the photos taken within a range of twenty minutes to say the least: the original ones, taken straight from camera, don't worry about the native format, just zip and share them somewhere. Then, using exif data we would be able to confirm the timeline of the pics, which would automatically upgrade the case to some more interesting level (while exif data can be faked, one should first know how to do, second how to do it without being caught because some technical mistake, it's less easy than people believe).
Now, all i can do is to add my two cents about this single picture: well, in my humble opinion, the general appearance of what we see is consistent with smoke, you say it's not, and both version can be true, i'm really convincend that this is not an attempt of hoax, and i have a very nice reason to claim it: once my brother took a photo that looked exactly like that one, in the immediate closeness of the car. I can assure you that there was no smoke when the pic was taken, not noticeable at least. Well, after doing some research on this type of stuff, i've learned that you can catch some smoke on camera even a quarter, twenty, more minutes after it vanished from sight (depending on its composition): smoke particulate can be very persistent, but still unnoticeable by the human eye: but they CAN reflect light, ths is why somethimes you can catch some incredibly strange effects: now comes the question why your camera got it and your eyes didn't (IF this possible explanation is correct).
The human eye resolves about 8/mm (8 lines per millimetre, and it will get worse when you get old
PLUS, the images are processed by our brain )
some 38 mm film camera can be able to resolve something like ten times more (not exact data, but not far from the exact one, anyway you'll find it usually expressed in pairs).
At the same time, we (humans) have a system of focusing that no one ever will be able to overtake, but this is another story.
Also our poor eyes have to cover aprox. 180°, a camera is usually set to cover something like between 15 and 90 ° : anyway, NOTHING compared to us.
But the point, is that if you set some camera at 1/260 , it means that what happened in one 260th part of a second got caught on camera. An human being, if asked, can't recall what happend during the 148°/260 of the unit in question (one second).
To me, the photo is still a mystery of course, just tried to add some points. Thanks for sharing ant thanks again for bringing this one to my attention

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

ATS wont let me send private messages til I've posted more than 20 so I'll reply here.

I starred that just for that great explaination, I had no idea that could happen, and since I'm doing a project on Ghosts and stuff it's a really big help for me!
Have you got any links on the subject I could have a look at? If not I'll Google it. But yeah, that's really interesting, thanks!
Ayana

new topics

top topics

join