It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AF Cyber Command Leaks Image of Classified Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I can't really believe this, it looks like an advanced version of the stealth bomber:

It is much different than a typical stealth bomber:

Also, what in the world is Air Force Cyber Command doing using Windows XP to secure our Defenese Intelligence?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's a UCAV. What looks like the cockpit is an air intake. It's the X-47A. Pictures of it have been around online for years.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I can see the resemblance, but it the AF Command photo looks much wider, and the cockpit remains the same size as the stealth bomber. It doesn't appear to be unmanned.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Now that was a cool looking aircraft....hey, how likely would it be for the gov. to design planes that look like "actual" ET machines so that when people see them....well, they wouldn't know the difference and so the gov. could always say it was just them.
....hey, who is to say it hasn't always been them I guess.
.....ah, I mean....yeah....I know there are real ET machines...I'm not..ah...saying there isn't.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You can't really judge size by that picture. That Global Hawk in the upper right looks huge, and those are only the size of a 737 or so. But in the picture that F/A-18 rolling in is almost the same size as the KC-767 behind it, and those two are NOTHING alike in size.

As for the cockpit, it has to be an intake. If you notice it's a straight shot from the "cockpit" to the exhaust. There are no other intakes to be seen on either of the two planes. On an aircraft that small having them underneath would interfere with weapons loadouts. You'd have to have smaller bays to accomodate the intakes. Smaller bays means fewer weapons. By having the intake like this, you have totally unhindered weapons bays underneath. Every other aspect of this plane in the AF picture matches up nicely to the X-47.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Dude that's just a CGI picture of AF aircraft probably meant for commercialization purposes. You can't honestly believe that USAF is really THAT irresponsible, can you? Tell me, is it easy to type with a foot in your mouth?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I dont think that there is any confusion on whether or not it is a CGI modal....

As to its authenticity, who knows, it could be misinformation. But the detail and information in the photo leans more towards the current state of hardware and technology than a forgery.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, don't know that it is supposed to be a -47 though it does resemble it.

In the end it's nothing more than a generic reprsentation of a military UAV/UCAV. Nothing particularly interesting or special about it.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by JoeinTX]

new topics

top topics

join