It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the real reason for going to mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think the real reason that we want to go to mars is because this world is getting really hostile. If a nuclear wr did happen they would leave us to rot and go to the red planet

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think the real reason that we want to go to mars is because this world is getting really hostile. If a nuclear wr did happen they would leave us to rot and go to the red planet

They already have in place areas to go in case of nucular war and leave us to rot they dont have to go to mars.

I think the real reason we are going to mars is a lot more basic than that........It is just human nature to not only see what is over that next mountian but to go there as well.

I for one would be happy to go to another planet for no other reason than my beloved hills here are starting to get crowded and ther a lot out there just like me.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
to collect pretty blueberries so that I can make a bb pearl necklace and become rich b**** (oops)

ok, sorry

I would hope the real purpose of us going to Mars is because we are really sincere in learning about our universe and the planets in our solar system.

(if a nuclear war was to happen let's say soon, this year, it would be impossible for "THEM" to leave us and rot, since "WE" and "THEM" don't have the technology needed to go to, live and survive on Mars) however if "THEM" have some alien buddies that could give "THEM" a ride and hook them up with a crib and stuff, then maybe, just maybe, it might be possible.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This topic has been discussed multiple times but I'll tell you anyways. What's the reason for going to MARS? Simple. A diversion. From what? The fact that everybody wants NASA to find out what's out there in our universe when in fact the U.S. government already knows. You see, we conspiracy theorist want the U.S. government to come clean about what it knows about Mars, aliens and UFO's. So to get us to shut up about it, we send a rover to the planet to keep our eyes glued to the TV sets.

The truth is there is already intelligent life on Mars. The government just doesn't want you to find out. They're working with NASA to make sure the rover picks up anything that's not alien and chooses what pictures are to be shown to the public. Sure, they'll probably say that Mars does, did or did not carry life of any kind but the fact is it does IMO. This is merely a distraction to keep out mouths shut and to keep us occupied.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Eventually we are going to have to go to Mars.
Earth is not going to last forever and the next natural step would to be to move mankind to Mars.
Obviously, the Earth isn't going to fall into the Sun overnight, but it will probably take thousands of years to make Mars habitable for human life. It makes sense to start looking into the possibilities for a move now.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What if NASA doesnt even have anything on mars. What if this could be like the theories that we never went to the moon.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GibsonM111
What if NASA doesnt even have anything on mars. What if this could be like the theories that we never went to the moon.

That's also a possibility. Good thinking!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Then why pretend that about half of the attempts were failures?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Then why pretend that about half of the attempts were failures?

Possibly for the realism, or maybe they failed in real life and decidided to not look like a bunch of idiots for publicizing it all this time.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Possibly for the realism, or maybe they failed in real life and decidided to not look like a bunch of idiots for publicizing it all this time.

I would come closer to believing the second one.

But I still think we are there.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All of NASA's missions are diversions. The Mars probes are no exception. We are in the midst of extraterrestrial visitation and NASA is sending robots to our neighboring planets to see if bacteria resides on them. Give me a break.

Much like Dr. Josef Hynek (Hynek was an AF hired debunker for Blue Book) commented on regarding the conclusions of Project Blue Book and the Condon Committee report: their conclusions do not match the data. We have ET ships coming to our planet and all this government sponsored space exploration is simply a mask for a reality that they do not want the public to know about.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
all of these ideas are kind out of left field but I have no way of finding out which is right, im not sure if anybody that posts on this board would be able to for sure at this time. but their all good ideas

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I think the real reason we are going to mars is a lot more basic than that........It is just human nature to not only see what is over that next mountian but to go there as well.

THROUGH THE NEVER
All that is, was and will be
Universe much too big to see

Time and space never ending
Disturbing thoughts, questions pending
Limitations of human understanding
Too quick to criticize
Obligation to survive
We hunger to be alive

All that is, ever
Ever was
Will be ever
Twisting
Turning
Through the never

In the dark, see past our eyes
Pursuit of truth no matter where it lies

Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens
On a quest, meaning, reason
Came to be, how it begun
All alone in the family of the sun
Curiosity teasing everyone
On our home, third stone from the sun

All that is, ever
Ever was
Will be ever
Twisting
Turning
Through the never

On through the never
We must go
On through the never
Out to the
Edge of forever
We must go
On through the never
Then never comes

All that is, ever
Ever was
Will be ever
Twisting
Turning
Who we are
Ask forever
Twisting
Turning
Through the never

Never

Words and Music by James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett
Copyright � 1991 Creeping Death Music (ASCAP)
International Copyright Secured All Rights Reserved

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The real reason is a pure political diversion from the problems in Iraq, and a vote catcher for Bush.

It will never happen, its just smoke and mirrors, even NASA have said that they need more money to make it a reality...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
The real reason is a pure political diversion from the problems in Iraq, and a vote catcher for Bush.

It will never happen, its just smoke and mirrors, even NASA have said that they need more money to make it a reality...

I hope this is not true but I think it is at least partuailly true.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Are you talking about the proposed missions or the curent Rover missions. I believe that those started well before Bush took office.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The real reason is to eat Mars Bars!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yes, I agree. Basically everything on Earth has been explored, save the depths of the ocean. It is human nature to explore, and this is the next step - space colonization, in my humble opinion. I believe, within the next 20 - 30 years, we will see more and more missions to different planets, and perhaps eventually, (hopefully within the next 50 years) a colony on the moon, if they can supply them with water, supplies, etc. We have the space station, the next step is planet colonization. When this happens, it looks like Earth won't be our only domain

-wD

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nixon had plans to go to Mars in the 1970s with a somewhat larger Apollo style capsule. For some reason that plan disappeared, possibly because it was relatively inexpensive. Now we have this giant bill to go to Mars and elaborate on how difficult it is.

It looks like we are being taken, but then again maybe in another meaning of it, the whole thing would be for free!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yeah, just wondering about one of the above "smoke-and-mirrors" posts...

Is it possible for Bush to do anything without getting jumped on? The man can take a # and get yelled at for trying to distract the public from the issue at hand.

I think we're on Mars to look for whatever it is we find. There's life out there, the government knows it, and it knows we know. But it isn't on Mars, although it may have been at some point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join