It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are The Ones To Fear?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was recently reading another thread created by Observe 50. She wrote about her experiences, and it really brought about a new thought to me. Perhaps most of you have already come to this conclusion though.

Her thread is here:
Observe50's Thread

In her thread, she mentioned something and it really just clicked with me in a whole new way. I have often seen the movies where the "grays" are doing horrible experiments. Or where malevolent aliens are being just that: Evil.

Observe said,

The Universe is mapped and there is so much life out there, it's such a shame the human race is considered hostile.

So what if?

We are the hostile life of the universe? After all, look how we destroy our planet. Each other. We gain power, then use it to assault other human beings. If we had the power to travel the universe, no doubt we would use it to harm them. To gain MORE power.

And what if..

There are other beings visiting us, but they are hindering our growth to prevent us making that leap. To prevent us from "invading". From extending our evil to other peaceful planets.

What do you all think?

[edit on 03/30/2008 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think if they were going to do something about it, threatening to exterminate us all unless with co-operate with one another would probably acheive the desired effect.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Perhaps. Unless they are exactly that... a peaceful race and don't wish to threaten. They can simply hinder us and that too... would have the desired effect. Right?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you have to threaten people to make them act peaceful, then it's just an act.

You have to wait until they are peaceful on their own.

Until then we are under study and general quarantine.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
I think if they were going to do something about it, threatening to exterminate us all unless with co-operate with one another would probably acheive the desired effect.

Pretty much. Although if it was me, if they arrived with obviously superior force and firepower, I'd do my best to pretend to go along with them and be friendly until I could get my hands on some of their advanced tech and take them on in a fair fight.

I think in a situation like this, it's best to negotiate with the aliens from a more or less equal position of power.

So maybe we really are dangerous.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Exactly! Our intentions are not hidden. Especially if they can in fact read our minds.

Look how we ravage our own planet for things we find "precious" or of "personal value". We rob our neighbors. Rape children. Send nukes into foreign lands. Plunder, plunder, plunder.

If we could go anywhere else, we would certainly attempt to evaluate their strength, and then take what we want.

We are a truly hostile planet with no common goal of peace.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i think you make a good point, i made a statement in a previous post that human beings weren't really that nice and others disagreed but to be fair if you just take a look at our history it speaks for its self.

The sad thing is that the people in power (in my opinion) are mostly evil and they do things to make the rest of us evil (implimenting laws, restricting our behaviour, etc) in turn this makes it harder for us to fight for what we feel is right, then we become guilty of something for doing nothing.

what i think is a shame is that we all get tarred with the same brush, their are many evil people in this world but their are also many good ones who if they had the chance to would seriously work toward a better world, if alien races are more advanced and intelligent than us then i'm sure they will see that

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well... there are points in history when amazing people are born. They come to our world, teach us amazing paths to peace, and then leave us. Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Jesus, etc. Humans? Aliens?

Just a thought... though I do think they are already among us trying to help us. I hope at some point, peace will succeed.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
We are a truly hostile planet with no common goal of peace.

We have a common goal. It's called survival. And the way to do that is stay in a position of relative power until you can figure out for sure what the other guy is really up to. Sure, you can just assume that these aliens are peaceful and only mean us good, and we can roll over and show them our bellies, but that seems like a pretty quick way to get your brain sucked out.

If it turns out we can do some business, then that's a different story. But the only way we've been able to survive up to this point in history is if something unknown comes into your village, you meet it with as much force as you can muster, or wait until you've got enough power to either negotiate or dominate.

There's no negotiation if one side has all the power.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

We are the hostile life of the universe? After all, look how we destroy our planet. Each other. We gain power, then use it to assault other human beings. If we had the power to travel the universe, no doubt we would use it to harm them. To gain MORE power.

Of course we are hostile. That's a given. This is the price payed for having so much individualism. It is the gift and curse of humanity.

There are other beings visiting us, but they are hindering our growth to prevent us making that leap. To prevent us from "invading". From extending our evil to other peaceful planets.

Perhaps, but I doubt they're worried about an invasion. More likely they are curious to see if we self-destruct or rise to our potential.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I can completely see your point. However, we know they're visiting us. Not everyone, but some. A lot of abductees' stories are the same. So we know they're here. Perhaps not all or most of them are benevolent, and I am in no way saying we should place ourselves in a weak mannered attitude, I am just saying we shouldn't be fighting each other all the time. The money we spend on wars could go to cure diseases, and make this planet amazing.

And I have a strong feeling that is our ultimate goal. But it's true that we are ruled by evil men who have evil agendas. The question is.. will it always be that way? Perhaps at some point, the aliens will remove them from power!
But not likely...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

We agree that we are a hostile race. But do you believe we will ever ascend past the state of hostility and caveman mentality? I don't think we will evolve as a race until we do.

But I agree... this is their lab. We are being observed.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Perhaps not all or most of them are benevolent, and I am in no way saying we should place ourselves in a weak mannered attitude, I am just saying we shouldn't be fighting each other all the time.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with UFOs or aliens. Generally, it's a better idea to not waste a lot of resources fighting over something we can negotiate for. Unless, of course, the other side won't negotiate, and the value of the resource we're fighting for outweighs the cost of the fight. It's pretty simple economics.

It's easy to want peace when you are living well with your belly full and nobody trying to hunt you down. But I'm all for throwing peace right out the window if a huge threat appears. And an alien force with a hidden (or unverified) agenda to me qualifies as a threat.

Being dead is pretty peaceful. I don't want to be that peaceful.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

We agree that we are a hostile race. But do you believe we will ever ascend past the state of hostility and caveman mentality? I don't think we will evolve as a race until we do.

I think it's a mistake to view a decrease in our level of aggression as a positive step in evolution. The only reason we've survived on this planet as long as we have is because we're smart and tough, and know when to use positive force to protect ourselves or get the things we need. Rather than us all evolving into peaceful, meditating hippies, an ascension in evolution would more likely involve us getting even smarter and tougher.

There's no reason to assume that the galactic ecosystem is any different than the smaller ecosystem of our own planet. And a quick look at any of the science channels will clue you in that survival on this planet is all about getting enough to eat while avoiding being killed and eaten yourself. And that doesn't just happen. It takes action. And action is not peaceful.

So don't let the lying, vicious aliens lull you into a false sense of security. The best way to face the situation is with a white flag in one hand and the biggest weapon you can carry in the other.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Smarter and tougher doesn't mean we have to become an arrogant and aggressive race. It means knowing when to be nice and when to fight back. It means being able to know whether your instincts are right or wrong. Becoming tougher and smarter in a raw manner is just a way of retreating to our primitive ways.... though in many ways, we're still primitive. Let's not wave a white flag, but let's not create an inevitable war either.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well... while I do agree it would not be in our best interest to destroy all of our weapons, and say, "Come visit us! We have nothing left to defend ourselves with!". What I am saying... is that we don't know how to use our weapons. We keep destroying each other over selfish agendas. Look how we horde oil and stuff in America, and yet.. we destroy other nations to get theirs as well. How arrogant!

If I was an alien, I would look at the human race as very threatening if they came into the power of visiting other planets. And I would do what I could to keep that from happening. That is my point. We are the hostile race. Though, we may not be the worst. In our eyes, we are a terrific standard of power to be feared, but to them we could simply be pesky mosquitoes.

Either way... nukes are bad news, and I don't think we would hesitate to use them in order to gain a foothold in a planet if it held value to us.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

We agree that we are a hostile race. But do you believe we will ever ascend past the state of hostility and caveman mentality?

Well I believe it's possible. Maybe we just aren't meant for it. Who knows. A dominant global would be the first step. Nations will someday be a thing of the past. They serve today to promote competition which makes our species productive. Also, nations serve to help us identify ourselves with a common language and culture.

Every piece of evidence indicates aliens having moved beyond language. They have a much better system of communication. As for a common culture, those lines will continue to blur as a society transitions to a global community. This transition could lead to fantastic things but it's obviously very dangerous. Unfortunately there is no going back. Our way of life permeates our beings from the instant we are brought into this world. Mankind will choose to die in a nuclear blaze before facing the prospect of going back to taking dumps in the woods.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well... if it is a dominant global power that has to come to pass, I would say we are on the way. However, I don't feel it is good due to who is behind the wheel of that fast approaching event. lol They happen to be, imo... the same people who are to blame for the ongoing wars for greedy agendas.

It seems, there are lots of people making contact, and it always sounds the same when they do make contact. "We're here to help" or, "Undo a wrong that is coming to pass" and so forth. They want to help, but they don't make themselves overly obvious.

Why does America hide so much while many other countries are having Disclosure Projects? What do we have to hide here? Or what do they not want us to know?

So much interesting stuff regarding E.Ts.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I would say we are on the way. However, I don't feel it is good due to who is behind the wheel of that fast approaching event. lol They happen to be, imo... the same people who are to blame for the ongoing wars for greedy agendas.

There will always be someone with a greedy agenda. The USA is the facilitator for this global transition. Our system of democracy and three part gov't (checks and balances) is a decent one (for the time being). It will function much better once we eliminate nations. The other key is to distribute money more equally. Large organizations (with too much wealth) hold too much power and thus there's a risk of them trying to push a malevolent or greedy agenda.

The problem is most people agree that a janitor isn't worth as much money as a doctor. Service orientated robots will replace this sector of our economy in a global society and education must be pushed in order to get everyone on a more equal playing field (thus deserving of more equal salaries).

Now this transition is very dangerous. However there is probably no turning back or even stopping it. Remember when Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge? I try to think of that as a metaphor for what's going on with humanity. Once you start the evolutionary process you can't stop it. Cause and effect.

Why does America hide so much while many other countries are having Disclosure Projects? What do we have to hide here? Or what do they not want us to know?

It's not really in America's interest to come forward. I don't think America knows much more about UFOs than we here on ATS do. Right now many people in the world believe secret US military craft could explain UFO sightings... why would they want to change that? No one individual or entity volunteers to relenquish an advantageous position (especially considering these times we live in).

Also, never forget that as much propaganda as human organizations pump out it might pale in comparison to the aliens. People making contact have experienced positive and negative things. Others describe it as a huge inconvenience that's just plain weird. The point is, I would urge people to trust eachother before trusting an alien intelligence.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well... granted we do have a system here. But I wouldn't say everyone is pleased with it. America is in my opinion, at the heart of the corruption and evil on this planet. Our leaders in office are by no means innocent in the evil agenda of earth.

Also, I do agree with you that perhaps it would be best to each other over aliens first..

But do we have to approach everything completely cynical? I understand the hesitation to issue trust, but in the same sense... are we certain they bite? lol

In my opinion, as previously stated, and hence the title of this thread... we are a very hostile race. We haven't adapted from having to constantly fight. We destroy each other, and excuses are stupid. There is no excuse for a lot of the evil on this planet.

I read another thread asking if aliens believed there was intelligent life on this planet. Most of the people jokingly said probably not, and of course President Bush was brought up a few times. Well, I would have to believe we cannot possibly be very appealing to any other life forms, except that we do have a massive amount of power in our minds that we haven't learned how to use yet. Telepathy is one of many things we have yet to learn.

In the past couple of weeks I have been attempting to make "contact". Nothing I would be positive about has occurred, but I have had 2 very distinct visions. In both cases the visions completely overwhelmed me. In the more recent one, I felt as if my mouth was sewn shut. And there were for lack of a better term, energy waves all around this strange being. Again, I will NOT say this was contact, I would only say a vision. Could just be my imagination. But my point is that I won't be totally quick to dismiss them completely as being malevolent, or having any sort of ill intent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join