It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica - Why did ALL the Researchers get sick at the same time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've checked the search buttons and didn't see duplicates...Mods please move if need be

I have a deep facination with the continent Antarctica and am more than curious, as to what lies beneathe the miles of ice that covers this huge landmass.

I was pretty much blown away, to discover about lake Vastok, and the fact that there is a 'concave ice dome' that surrounds this lake (The size of Lake Ontario/described in the vid). Also as well as the fact that the waters of the lake are conciderably warm - 60-70 degrees Farenheit?!?

This secluded and 'sterile' area could be the testing grounds for future space explorations - Europa?

On to the Goodies:

It is a known fact, when people are transported to 'isolated areas', to co-habitate with others for long periods of time, that these people are tested for communicable diseases and the like. Right down to the 'common cold' Before being transported to said isolated areas.

It also stands to reason that if people contract a viral disease or anything ambiguous to scientific and medical terminology, one would want to 'quarantine or contain' these situtations within the same facilities that the 'supposed outbreak' occured, rather than risking further contamination unto the general populous.

Such was not the case.

Richard Hogland on CoasttoCoast:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

My contention is that the researchers discovered something - Aircraft were flying for close to 4 hours/day to find out what kind of magnetic anomalies were going on.

Re Videos: "Ok...um..why expend airtime/airfuel to consistantly fly over 'one particular region', for hours on end, unless 'one suspects something going on?"

Let's work together on this one folks.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why did the American goverment, in conjunction with the Australian Governemt (New Zealand) ferry ALL these researchers out at the same time?

What 'in particular' was going on?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
wow amazing.

Sounds a little bit like the film 'The thing'...

Could you post some more links about anything else you deem interesting about the strange land mass, i too consider it amazing as to what could lie under there, buried for thousands of years.

Flagged, starred.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
For those who prefer to read, rather than watch videos:

www.enterprisemission.com...

Meanwhile, some more reliable background info:

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.resa.net...

www.newscientist.com...

And some news stories on the medical evacuations from 2001:

edition.cnn.com...

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

But maybe someone can find collaboration for Hoaxlands assertions? ie from a source other than Hoaxland.

His assertations.

Anyone can check out the validity of these 'assertations' online.

I'm not holding my breath, but somewhat waiting for these people to come forward and explain what EXACTLY HAPPENED when people got sick - AT THE SAME TIME.

What kind of 'sickness' did these people contract AT THE SAME TIME?

THAT'S what I want to find out?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

The evacuation from Scott Amundsen was due to a gall bladder problem. That from McMurdo was because of a member of the maintenance crew having a 'serious heart problem' with a number of others taking the opportunity to leave the base at the same time for various reasons.

Note: the thread title refers to all the researchers ... there is no evidence for any researchers getting ill.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There have also been other emergency evacuations from Antarctica

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The evacuation from Scott Amundsen was due to a gall bladder problem.

That was ONE isolated instance. Don't forget to include the womam who had to perform 'self-surgery' after that. Was in the news.

That from McMurdo was because of a member of the maintenance crew having a 'serious heart problem' with a number of others taking the opportunity to leave the base at the same time for various reasons.

McMurdo, was a big part of the factor, after all these events came to pass.

I can overlook the instances of a 'few allagories of people' going through the 'rigormorals of isolation and the detrimental effects'...however, this doesn't exuse the quasi-evacuation of personaels, 'mass exodus' of those who were NOT 'physically well', and had to be transported off the continent.

~Ducky~

[edit on 15-4-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

OK...Explain to me...why a crap load of researchers were taken off the Antartican bases in one feld swoop?

Then 'replaced with others'. Just like that. Knowing 'full well', that the researchers were sicker than dogs, and yet......there are people to replace them?

How to you figure that one?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've heard that show before.... it never stops to amaze me how hoagland gets around to the pillar of salt thing.

Its a facinating subject, why would they ship all those people out .... and if it was something contagious that we've not been exposed to before ... why would they bring it back to civilization and risk exposing the planet.

i would love to be a fly on the wall down there in Antarctica and see exactly whats going on coz im convinced that its not just climate study and other such projects .... there has to be something with vostok.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

I've heard that show before.... it never stops to amaze me how hoagland gets around to the pillar of salt thing.

I don't give a rat's arse if he quoted the bible or not. Respects to you.

What I want to know is why those researchers ALL got sick at the same time. and WHY were they ALL HAULED OUT at the same time?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i see 2 possibles

1. Someone managed to get and illness through quarentine undetected and managed to pass it on.

2. They DID find something / bring something up and it spread to the others people

thye have been working there for years with nothing like this happening before so this raised other questions.

- over the years there quarentine procedures have become lax
- are they experimenting with very dangerous viruses ... lets face it ... it would be the perfect place for them to do it ..... sterile ... no one around for miles ... it would or should be easy to contain.
- they were intentionly infected, for what reason .... still remains unknown

im sure other questions exist im just too tired to think of any at the minute ..

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

I like your ideas!

i see 2 possibles

1. Someone managed to get and illness through quarentine undetected and managed to pass it on.

2. They DID find something / bring something up and it spread to the others people

This is the scary point.

thye have been working there for years with nothing like this happening before so this raised other questions.

Until now - present stage.

over the years there quarentine procedures have become lax

That's a 'possibility' but highly unprobable concerning the technology they brought down to the southern pole.

- are they experimenting with very dangerous viruses ... lets face it ... it would be the perfect place for them to do it ..... sterile ... no one around for miles ... it would or should be easy to contain

"It would be easy to contain"...but not in the last while?

- they were intentionly infected, for what reason .... still remains unknown

Nothing suprises me at this time.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They haul as many people in and out as they can each flight because it's expensive and dangerous to land there. A few years ago I saw an LC-130 (a C-130 that has skis around the landing gear to fly into Antarctica) that was on its way to the depot, because they didn't get it out fast enough and it got buried in a storm. It sat there buried for TWO YEARS before they found it again. C-5s and C-17s are very valuable aircraft, and there are only a few of them flying. Risking one of those to fly it in to pull out 2 people doesn't make any sense. And the C-130s are just expensive to operate, because many of them are as old or older than their crews.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Juat out of curiosity...did you happen to listen to the videos that I presented?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I CAN'T do videos on the connection that I'm currently on. I take anything Hoagland says with a big grain of salt though. But you asked why they pulled out so many people at once, and I gave you the answer to your question.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I presented the info before you...and you told me:

CAN'T do videos on the connection that I'm currently on. I take anything Hoagland says with a big grain of salt though. But you asked why they pulled out so many people at once, and I gave you the answer to your question.

C'est la vie!

I look forward to others responses; those who have seen my presentation and are willing to comment on such as these.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Very interesting duckster! This post actually caught my attention lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Wow. HORRIFYINGLY sorry for having the nerve to attempt to provide you with an answer to a question about why they would haul a lot of people out of a dangerous area. Gee, I guess I shouldn't bother to try to inject logic and facts into your threads, without bothering to listen to a bunch of drivel from someone who has been known to post horrible information before (Hoagland).

Don't worry, I won't bother any of your threads again.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Appologies for my forth-coming.

I very much respect your thoughts. Believe it or not.

~Ducky~

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join