It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

under the sphinx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i have heard rumors of an antichamber as of yet believed to be undesturbed which lies under the paws of the great egyptian sphinx. folks say that sonar tests conducted at the site show that there is some type of chamber beneath , but the archeologists can not convince the egyptian government to allow them to dig there and uncover what may lie whithin. does anyone here know of this or have any links to pages that pertain to this topic?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The current issue (#2) of Phenomena Magazine has a feature on this. I'd love to read more indepth reports on the sonar testing and results.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i think that the reason i heard for them not wanting them to dig their is because the chambers underneath the sphinx is air tight, and has been for a long time. if exposed to the air now mostly everything inside would just crumble. therefore there would be nothing to gain from opening up whatever is down there.that may or may not be right. theres also talk about a whole city being underneath the pyramids or around their. but that has yet to be seen. one other intersting thing about the pyramids iv seen that they were building a wall around giza. i take a photography class and one of the guys in that class went on a trip to egypt he spent days around giza. he said there is no wall. i guess thats also "to be seen".

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I read somewhere that they did do a Radar search and found that there was a room/passage, but believe the Egyptian Govt wasn't about to allow it to be searched.

I also read somewhere that there was an alternate means into the tunnel/passage through a rear entrance that had been buried/caved in.

Im not sure where to really search on this one

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Slugfast, try here. Just a thought
www.nexusmagazine.com...

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wasn't it said that a library was under the sphinx paw? If there was such a back entrance, buried or caved in, I believe that alot of things would have been destroyed, the reason being, there is evidence on the sphinx that it has been through floods. I remember watching this on the History Channel. But I think it would fascinating nonetheless to figure out more about the history of the ancients.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
Wasn't it said that a library was under the sphinx paw? If there was such a back entrance, buried or caved in, I believe that alot of things would have been destroyed, the reason being, there is evidence on the sphinx that it has been through floods. I remember watching this on the History Channel. But I think it would fascinating nonetheless to figure out more about the history of the ancients.

IKnowNothing,
Hi, I hope these help

www.catchpenny.org...

www.sunship.com...

www.michaelmandeville.com...

I love Hogan's Heroes too!!

I REALLY need 2 stop cut/paste links while
trying to watch telly at the same time! Try
chasing links on this thread and watch
Letterman at the same time. My skull and bones hurt.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have read some interesting things regarding this as well. I have heard that it is called the Hall of Records and has to do with Atlantis and possibly their written records.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It has probably been excavated in secrecy.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If it was excavated secretly, and they didn't tell us what they found, it was probably something really cool.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by AttackHippo]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo
If it was excavated secretly, and they didn't tell us what they found, it was probably something really cool.

That, or a room full of waterlogged sand encrusted debris that was not worth reporting from the cave in .

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by slugfast

I heard that they drilled a hole berween the paws of the sphinx and put a camera down but can,t find the footage

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ihatethisplace

I just went to Egypt earlier on this year in March and i had the fortune to go and visit Giza and yes there is a wall around it your guide hands you out tickets you then go through an armed checkpoint to the pyramid site

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My thoughts with regards to whats under the sphinx is that the great hall of the atlantians is there and , they did do a radar scan undr neath the sphinx and there were metalic objects that came up on the scan and the head of teh egyptoligists in egypt said for years there was no entrance on or around the paws than one day they did find it and started to go in and the guy was with a camera crew and he was all excited saying wonder what going to be in here than the video disapeared and it wqsent brought up again the information in that room would make every one have to re write the history books and thats why they wont release anything that is under there ??

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Coincidentally enough i started a thread about exactly this just a week ago. You should find it interesting.

Revisited: Hall of Records.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo

"perhaps the emerald tablets of Thoth?...Hmmm, I wonder."

top topics

join