It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is love, I'm only explaining this once... so read it.. it's to arrogant people mostly..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok I am writing this but only once am I going to explain this, and seriously use your minds and think you people who exclaim..

" look at this earthquake and look at this cerial killer who might get forgiveness. Is that really your loving God "

First of all only pride can say such words.. If you think about whos mouth that comes from? It comes from a regular fallible unperfect little creature who is built up in their little world who cannot fathom where their goodness comes from././

This is what pride does to a soul..

Every single soul who blames God without trying to understand his motives are unaware sadly where they come from, they forget that their love inside comes froma source..

and I'm not talking about athiest who don't believe completely, I'm talking about souls who don't embrace God because they don't understand him and judge him..

It's like the comparison I made a while ago about the grape falling from the tree and not realizing where it comes from and it falls to the ground and is by itself not having no support...

If you souls have any love in you and ask why God does what he does like he is evil..

Then where do you think your love comes from? Does God or can God make something better then himself? If God does that then you little creature who didn't creat anybody are far more loving then the source you came from.

What pride does is it blinds souls into thinking that they are their own source, they forget where their love comes from and they are full of themselves...

Nobody knows why God does what he does, but I will tell you this, if he interferred with everything free will would be affected...

What kind of God interferes where he is not asked and takes our free wills from us?

And thats another point I would like to make is that prayer is a result of free will and thats why God interferes in peoples prayers because they asked on behalf of others...

And death, something like an earth quake..... Yea that's bad but will all souls not die one day?

Gods timing is his, not yours, nor do you read human hearts like God does or love every creature like God does.. I have felt his grace and love and it is like a burning flame you souls can't even imagine..

stop trying to accuse God of things you don't know the motives for...

Alot of those souls who God takes in natural disasters he does for a reason.... He wants alot of them home sooner then later and you guys do not know that alot of them might be enjoying eternity forever with God...

I remember when I was younger how (without) God I was heartless ness alot of the time, I had few graces.. (graces) by the way is just love... like stepping on a bug, I could do this when I was younger with ease and like it, now I can't do it ever... I used to hit my animals when I got mad, now I can't ever do it anymore... I used to throw garbage and pencils at my mother when I got mad even in my teens, I can't even fathom doing that now... I was way more lazy, angered, lustfull....

all before I knew God I had few graces.. Yet one thing I did not have was pride, I never put myself above God... I did grow up baptised but rarely my family talked about God with us, and I didn't even know who Jesus was until I was 20..... so i never knew him but we did believe in God...

and you watch the news, you will see what souls are without graces... Rapest, gang members who kill you for no reason, murderes, child molesters, car bombers, people who commit suicide and blow others up, children who beat people up in gangs as I did when younger...

ruthless people have no graces.... prayer can change that and I know this for a fact in my own life..

other christians who grew up in the ghetto like me knows this...

Now I am saying before you go saying God does wrongly, remember that your love comes from a source, the one who made love itself, who is love itself... Don't judge him until you find out his motives..

peace.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good post, however it is a little unorganized and you should have run spell check before posting

God's greatest and at the same time most dangerous gift he gave to us is free will. You touched on this argument a little but I'd like to further explain it. To those that say "Why would a loving God allow innocent people to suffer? Why would a loving God allow people to be murdered?" it is ALL a matter of free will. Really, think about it. If humans really were to work as a worldwide community for the greater benefit of other humans--if we really acted like we were our brother's keeper--then there would be no problem of suffering.

Free will is responsible for suffering, not God. If we were to live and be guided by our intrinsic human values then

1.) We would make sure that all people in areas prone to natural disasters were able to access shelters that would protect them from danger. Government would be required to ensure that people who chose to live in disaster-prone areas would live in disaster-proof structures.

2.) We would better our health systems and concentrate more on curing diseases and sicknesses. Clean water, good sanitation, and food would be bountifully provided to all across the world.

But we live in a world of separated and divided governments headed by people who seek only personal gain where this will likely never happen. If world governments functioned as one ultimate authority to ensure communal gratification then there would be no unnecessary suffering. Humanity has brought suffering of the poor upon itself.

Furthermore, God cannot interfere by stopping someone from carrying out their own act of free will because he would be robbing us of the greatest gift that he's given us. We can choose to abuse it or we can choose to put it to a noble use. Unfortunately, most of us choose to abuse it in one way or another many times throughout our life (myself included!)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
Free will is responsible for suffering, not God.

Except for, of course, natural disasters. And if, as JesusisTruth claims, those who die are merely being called to God, what of unbelievers who die in natural disasters(nature doesn't seem to discriminate between religions)? Is this 'loving' deity then denying them a chance to repent, and thus their free will(I'm guessing you or JesusisTruth aren't universalists, and are of the standard "you've got to your last breath to repent" theology; if I'm wrong, please correct me)?

And what of those who die a slow, painful death because of natural disasters(that's hardly loving)? Not to mention those who may be horribly crippled/injured by natural disasters. It all seems pretty selfish for an omnipotent, loving deity to do considering all the turmoil that is caused by natural disasters besides death(let's not forget how many businesses and lives are ruined in natural disasters).

I'm sorry, but the OP is essentially asking us to not question God, because it is prideful; and to essentially trust him even when he screws us over, again and again. However, when I DO start looking into this "loving, omnipotent" God, I find that he barely passes his own standards.

Now, if God wants to get me to follow him, he's going to have to come down here and tell me himself. Till then, to me, it's all just ways for people to justify an unjustifiable God. If it's what you like, then go for it, just don't try to judge ME, and tell me what I am.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Core90]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Core90

Westboro baptist church has those kind of ideals

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Core90
Except for, of course, natural disasters.

You didn't read the whole of my post. I'll briefly re-explain it. Humans choose to live in areas that are prone to natural disasters. It is their choice, their free will. Humans also choose not to help ensure that people who live in those areas have adequate, sturdy housing that will protect them from those disasters, or shelters that they will be able to evacuate to. Suffering from Natural Disasters would be avoided if people made different decisions.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Except for, of course, natural disasters. And if, as JesusisTruth claims, those who die are merely being called to God, what of unbelievers who die in natural disasters(nature doesn't seem to discriminate between religions)? Is this 'loving' deity then denying them a chance to repent, and thus their free will(I'm guessing you or JesusisTruth aren't universalists, and are of the standard "you've got to your last breath to repent" theology; if I'm wrong, please correct me)?

And what of those who die a slow, painful death because of natural disasters(that's hardly loving)? Not to mention those who may be horribly crippled/injured by natural disasters. It all seems pretty selfish for an omnipotent, loving deity to do considering all the turmoil that is caused by natural disasters besides death(let's not forget how many businesses and lives are ruined in natural disasters).

People who wait until their last breath to repent are usually not truly repentant. Most of the people who die in natural disasters have already had many opportunities to repent, some on a daily basis. Its called accountability. When you hear the gospel preached and you reject it, that is your choice. And when you make that choice you need to understand the consequences.

I have to strongly disagree with you IO on the whole "choosing to live in an area prone to natural disasters" thing. Natural disasters can occur ANYWHERE. But you can not blame God for the fact that people ignore Him and His word.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
People who wait until their last breath to repent are usually not truly repentant. Most of the people who die in natural disasters have already had many opportunities to repent, some on a daily basis. Its called accountability. When you hear the gospel preached and you reject it, that is your choice. And when you make that choice you need to understand the consequences.

I have to strongly disagree with you IO on the whole "choosing to live in an area prone to natural disasters" thing. Natural disasters can occur ANYWHERE. But you can not blame God for the fact that people ignore Him and His word.

Agreed on the fact that deathbed confessions are hardly true conversions; it was a poor choice of words on my part(I meant to say those of the belief that once you die, you've sealed your fate).

I, of course, disagree with the idea that one can't blame God for those who don't believe. I find it odd that an all powerful deity who created us, and wants us to be with him, would leave only ONE path to get there and not do all he could in his power to get us there. Especially when the alternative is eternal damnation(or death, etc.); he creates some people without the ability to believe in him, then punishes them for it.

(I hope that made some sort of sense)

@InterestedObserver:

I ALMOST mentioned something about people choosing to live near disaster prone areas, but I didn't think you'd actually pull that. Can you HONESTLY blame the people who lived around the Indian ocean during the Tsunamis in 2004? And even if you could, what of the children, the babies, the poor, the mentally retarded.... the list goes on and on. Yes, there are a lot of people who choose to live near disaster prone areas, but there are also people who just got placed there by chance(children/mentally retarded), or who couldn't afford to move(the poor). And then, of course, we have freak events.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Core90]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I ALMOST mentioned something about people choosing to live near disaster prone areas, but I didn't think you'd actually pull that. Can you HONESTLY blame the people who lived around the Indian ocean during the Tsunamis in 2004? And even if you could, what of the children, the babies, the poor, the mentally retarded.... the list goes on and on. Yes, there are a lot of people who choose to live near disaster prone areas, but there are also people who just got placed there by chance(children/mentally retarded), or who couldn't afford to move(the poor). And then, of course, we have freak events.

It's not blaming them for what happened at all, it's saying that PEOPLE have chosen to settle there. PEOPLE are responsible for not building adequate sea walls (Japan has them) there. God didn't make those people settle there, they did it on their own.

I'm not saying they can get up and move away now, most are too poor to do that.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
God is indeed love.

See, something on this note has been running around in my brain. You see, when i was younger, I was disconnected from God, I did not believe, nor did I see, meaning I never noticed miracles, bore witness, prayed, noticed very unusual synchronicities and other hidden messages given to us in our day to day lives, which can only be called an action or one trait of this God. God's wisdom essentially. To each their own belief.

And now, its like.. God is showing up on the radar, but it is not the way it was envisioned from the outside. From the outside, God was a "being", like the ruler .. one dude who did it all. Now, from the inside, I have this noticing of God's effect on my life and this creation, therefore evidence of God (to me), yet God is not a being or person. God is .. something intangible, or all-encompassing. God is felt, like you do a good deed and a good deed is done unto you. So when you feel this love . . or you feel God's love for you, which is essentially love for one's self, its as if someone was loving you, except it is not being manifested by a person, not even yourself. we are all nerve endings of God. The objective? To make us do right, and its like .. a slow gradual thing. It does not happen overnight, it is slow .. its been going on for thousands of years. What is it? It's God. What's it doing? It is perfecting mankind in logic and reason, in morality and merit, in action and ability, in love and kindness, in compassion and every good thing which is good. It is the removal of every bad thing which is bad. It is the removal of the tools of Lucifer to deceive with, it is a force or power .. and it's love.

God is love.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I also believe God is Love, however its the use of God to scare people into submission i have a problem with, i will never accept a God who tells their workers here on earth to drum it into people that they will be condemned to eternal hell for making mistakes, that is not love that is control, My God how see God will forgive me for all weaknesses and not tell me im going to burn anywhere for any amount of time, The act of evil against fellow man is a human thing and not a spiritual thing, and im sorry if this offends but a person of God telling a child they will suffer eternal damnation for not following rules in my mind is evil also and one of the worst forms of evil there is.

I would never tell my children anything coming close to what some children are taught in most modern organized religious practices, and believe me i have two of the most loving children i have ever seen, and this isn't the fact i'm their father speaking, My children have grown up around spiritually minded people including myself, and they know they have nothing to fear from anything, my children are brought up knowing there is never going to be a time when they have to fear coming home no matter what they do, no matter what mistakes they make, they also understand that their religious faith is for them to determine whenever they want to make that choice if ever make that choice, they also understand that whatever actions they take and the choices they make would be dealt with by the rule of law and not the rule of God, they are taught to respect the beliefs of others, and also taught the dangers of those who would use the word of God to hurt them.

So yes God is love, and the greatest love in the ether of everything, not the ether of a so called messenger of God who seems to think they are immune to the consequences of their own rules.

And in case your wondering i have been brought up around the Pagan faith and also taught the same things i teach my kids, we have Christian, friends and Muslim friends, we live in a mainly Jewish area, most people know our Pagan family history, and we still get invited to participate in activities in the different places of worship that our friends and attend and local Jewish celebrations, and everyone of us have one thing in common, that is we all accept each other and respect our different beliefs.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
It's not blaming them for what happened at all, it's saying that PEOPLE have chosen to settle there. PEOPLE are responsible for not building adequate sea walls (Japan has them) there. God didn't make those people settle there, they did it on their own.

I'm not saying they can get up and move away now, most are too poor to do that.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Children(ESPECIALLY babies) do not choose where they are born and grow up. Nor are their parents responsible for the area and circumstance they're born into, and so on.

Also, what about people who are struck by lightning?

I suppose this is my ultimate problem with Christianity, it has this tendency to blame people for EVERYTHING(even things which are out of our control, like natural disasters and [imo] sexuality).

I will explain this easily if you have open ears my friend. He meant that they chose their life, or flesh, before their incarnation into it, into the womb or what have you as a developing or born baby, to each their own belief. In essence, we've all come here to learn something, or experience something, to grow on a spiritual level so that we can attain higher ones after the passing of the flesh. For why would we be incarnated into such lowness, if there is such highness which exists? certainly it is possible to become high again; I can't believe we're all here by accident or sheer coincidence. you could call it randfom, but things can only be random when all opposing forces unto it are equal, so to attain a 50/50 result, a predictable one. but what coin lands 50/50 on both sides that is heavier on one side, or chipped, or warped etc? Anything which has varying forces working against it and with it cannot be 50/50. Now can you think of one thing, from the creation of the universe unto now, that didnt have unequal forces acting on it in some manner at some time? This is evidence of God's work and wisdom.

As for lightning, this is a little tuffer. When you incarnate into the flesh into this body and time that we've found ourselves, you have to agree to certain terms in a sense to come here and experience this and be a part of this learning and growing experience. It really is like Deism if you are familiar with the term, which means you believe God made the universe and earth, then didn't interefere and can't interefere unless in extreme circumstances, such as when coincidences or Luciferian deceit lead men to almost blowing God's master plan of redemption you see. So then holy spirits have to be ushered forth to represent God, but furthermore, to fix the situation, and in these EXTREMELY rare instances, we call this a miracle, or to witness.. to be a witness. Extreme synchronization of chaotic things is a witness too. In the early history of when mankind could write, these instances were recorded as what we know as the Bible today, and other holy books.

So where does this leaving being struck by lightning? Well .. all one can think is that the person chose to come here and incarnate into the flesh to experience their life the way it is, and has turned out, to learn what is needed and lacking. Different beings lack different qualities, we have flaws, we've fallen from grace, we need to reattain it. So while you could only imagine the reason for a "spirit" to feel the need to be incarnated into the flesh to experience a lightning strike and the recovery from it, or the death from it, it could indeed need to do so, or be punished even by God resulting in having to experience the bad things they do. Ultimately, in the physical plain chaos reigns, anything can happen at any time, and this is on the 'contract' of coming here as a flesh body, if we had the ability to remember back to before our very own bodies, which we can't, but we also can't remember a thing from the ages of 1 or 2 and sometmes 3, and yet we were alive in our flesh then? then suddenly, memories begin abruptly at an age. What is this. Is this the incarnation into the flesh? Are babies born 'soulless' until chosen by a spirit so if they die, or if they are aborted, they are not going through the spiritual trauma of death for no reason? Why can't we remember our earliest years? Some might say brain development, but simple memories, even obscure ones, should be attainable.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have little time right now so I cannot reply to this but I have much to say to core.. Not much but I will be back on later to comment or tommorrow....

IO, you brought up many good points that I didn't have enough wisdom to say... Excellent...

peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Excellent post there, runetang. I'm personally not a deist, but I do find that type of theology interesting. Thank you for the explanation from your point of view.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
God is love. God knew me before time began. He created me for a reason. I need to try and listen to God and be the woman He created me to be. Jesus tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves. This is the love that God shows. Yes, there are miracles many times. I have been fortunate to have miracles happen to me. Prayer, talking to God and asking for His help is the answer. He always hears and answers our prayers. His answer may not what we have requested. It may not be good for our soul or the souls for whom we pray. Remember, God can answer a prayer with a "yes", "no" and "maybe later".

Every person has free will. It is not God's fault if the guy down the block goes on a rampage and exercises his free will and many die.

Natural disasters. After Adam and Eve had eaten of the tree which God had forbidden, He made them leave the Garden of Eden. He told humans at that time that life would not be easy from then on. Natural disasters come from the original sin.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
updating this one more time for the new coming arrogant religious God bashing people.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/5/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

Edn

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
On the point of natural disasters, as pointed out, everywhere is an area prone to natural disasters, some more so than others but you wont find a single place on Earth that isn't prone to natural disasters.

JesusisTruth it would seam your finding god was a great thing for you, allowing you to see some of the bad things you had done previously in your life and thats great, but you must also consider some people do not need god in the way you do to be kind and loving of others.

I will go out of my way not to step on a small insect, I never needed god for this i've always known it is he right thing to do, this is the same for a lot of people, its also the same for the numerous people who believe in other gods of goddesses.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
EDN

" I always knew it was the right thing to do "

Not me.. whe I was younger I had alot less heart. I know my life, I know what I felt and how different I was without God.. So to me it's not just that i need God but I attribute everything to God because it all comes from him..

you say that others attribute to other Gods, yet does their love not come from a source?

but after death edn God will show you what graces are and that your love comes from him.. and this will be a huge revelation to many souls....

this is why evil exist.... ruthless people... it's because they have no graces..

peace.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I read something today, something factual, which says that baryonic matter, or the matter which can be seen with human eyes and the like, the type of matter which forms molecules and particles, which makes up everything, your body and mine also, is only 4% of all the matter which exists in the "Creation".

The other 96% are dark matter and dark energy. Dark matter, coming in around 21%, they know little about other than you cannot see it, and that it had something to do with the creation of the universe. The rest, the other 75% is dark energy, which is something they only know a little about, the force which makes the universe expand at increasing rates.

So then, basically this is saying in a nice way that all which we perceive and completely understand consider "real" as we define real, is merely 4% of which exists. That is kind of mind blowing in its' own right, and should be pretty humbling to humanist-atheist types who've "got it all figured out".

I dont claim to be right, I only claim that there is more beyond what we consider reality, whats real. And that theres more beyond the death of our body, that we as entities exist in some form after this event of death. Oh yeah, that God exists in some form. Could be abstract as heck, but hey..

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
JesusisTruth

Do you Love yourself enough to stop gorcing your perception on others?

PS

I have a hunch you are a joke account. If not, it is my opinion that you represent just about everything that is wrong with fundamentalist religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join