It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear power status for Iran could solve crisis - Russian tycoon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Nuclear power status for Iran could solve crisis - Russian tycoon

en.rian.ru

MOSCOW, April 14 (RIA Novosti) - The leader of Russia's Jewish community suggested on Monday that if Iran is internationally recognized as a nuclear power, it will be easier to solve the international crisis over its nuclear program.

"Perhaps it is time to recognize Iran as a nuclear power, which the corresponding assignment of obligations to enter international agreements," said Vyacheslav Moshe Kantor, a Geneva-based billionaire businessman who chairs the Russian Jewish Congress and the European Jewish Congress.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Maybe the Russian tycoon has a point. If Iran was a nuclear power maybe "others" in the region would be forced to play nice, and maybe even attempt to be a good neighbor.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Though I agree that either ALL nations should have nuclear weapons, or NO nation should have nuclear weapons, I don't think Iran will ever be "recognized" as being a nuclear power. Israel has had nuclear weapons for a very long time, yet it does not acknowledge that fact, thus the world does not recognize Israel as a nuclear power.

It's a very childish game.

As for what I believe ... let Iran have them. If they misuse them, then the Administration finally has the reason they've longed for since "The Pipeline" was first discussed.

new topics

join