It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98% Of Historians Call Bush Presidency A Failure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A failure, if you judge it by what the majority of Americans expect from a president.

A NEAR TOTAL SUCCESS if you judge it by what ultra-wealthy elitists, globalists, war-profiteers, and oil & banking cartels want from a US president.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by ianr5741]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ianr5741

Again I must agree!

Is that how we should be living, the only reason we have rich elitists is because of us. We stand together and support this, hand in hand.

Seems as though everyone knows and agrees that we are being tossed to the side for money and personal agendas.

When will you say enough?

Peace

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Drewdatt]

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Drewdatt]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Unfortunately I am human and I don't agree with your thoughts.
You have been attacked? Personally attacked? I understand if personally you have been attacked physically or anyone you know. This mentality of being "attacked" by other countries to me, sounds very out of this world.

We are all citizens of this planet not countries with invisible boundaries, when are people going to wake up and realize this? We don't matter, what matters is what we do. At the very lowest level we are all one and same, what we do though makes us who we are, and this, is a choice.

Give yourself and humanity a chance, give it all what truly makes you, this way we will change the world.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Sure, Historians may have a point, but the real test will be time itelf.
I'm just wondering if this is a fair assessment or if it's a clouded view that's fueled by hatred for the man.
I know if the future eventually ends up telling a different story these sam Historians will give all credit to a more popular successor(s).

Time will tell before we see how this pans out.
Don't forget, even Winston Churchill was not very popular during his time.

Although I do not support him, this is very true. It is almost impossible for historians to evaluate a president until many years later and there are countless examples of this.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It doesnt take a historian to tell you that. Since Bush has been in office, we have gone to war, and lost thousands of lives (American and foreign), lost thousands of more lives on 9-11, and the economy is heading into a nice recession that will end up costing me more money than I would like to think about.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drewdatt

I completely agree with you. I said Bush's grandfather was a failure, his father is a failure, his brother is a failure, his mother is failure, and he is the worst of all the failures. I said this in 1993. Guess I am a historian who should have been listened to.

...And where were all these "historians" when we need them? Its easy to point out a flop after it happens. Try doing it before it happens...then maybe I'll be impressed.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Thanks for that vid, and if all of those are true, then that is fawked!
Some are funny, but scary all at once!

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So it takes many years to determine if a presidency is a failure.
Well many years from now we will be paying off this war debt.
Many years from now we will be trying to repair our national image.
Many years from now the world's climate will collapse.
Many years from now all those people who have needlessly died will still be dead.
Many years from now there will still be extremists.
Many years from now the bush family will be even richer.
And many years from now there may not be an America because of these people.
No these people are not just failures pollitically they are human failures of the first order.
Can i get an amen!

[edit on 16-4-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
100% of Canadian's agree with 98% of your historians. So we also wonder why the DEMOCRATS don't Impeach Cheney & Prosecute Rumsfeld and Charge Bush with Treason?
Too much to hope for..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This just goes to show you the how messed up politics have goten. All of the largest contries in the world no longer have true democracies, even though they clame to have them. It is a world wide conspiricy on the part of the collection of a few verry ritch indeviduals. This same story has been going on for way too long...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comsence2075

Originally posted by Alxandro
Sure, Historians may have a point, but the real test will be time itelf.

Although I do not support him, this is very true. It is almost impossible for historians to evaluate a president until many years later and there are countless examples of this.

I wonder if that's what really happens, or that maybe the perception of people and events changes through time, because people simply forget them or history gets written 'differently' or re-written completely at some point.

Looking back, it seems we (humanity as a whole) keep making the same mistakes and never learn.

The similarities between what happened in Nazi Germany and what's happening now, not just in the US but in some European countries as well, are staggering.
Yet, some will say "of course this is not fascism, if it were you would be in prison or dead just by speaking your mind".

Everything evolves. People, propaganda, weapons, political tactics, including fascism. Welcome to the new fascism, the fascism of the 21st century - where imprisonment is not physical, where you can speak your mind, but it won't make a difference.

Disagree all you want, protest all you want, but our so called 'leaders' won't give a damn and won't change any of the policies.
And when the majority of the people gets sick of the old guy, the media is used to brainwash people to accept a new guy and elections are rigged to make sure the new guy gets elected.
And then it's business as usual.

If fascism was a product, the slogan would be something like this: The new and improved fascism, now with more apparent and false liberties. 21st Century fascism - we'll make you want it, and you will love it!

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it" - Winston Churchill

I think some have and will take this literally.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeTracker
Many years from now all those people who have needlessly died will still be dead.
No these people are not just failures pollitically they are human failures of the first order.
Can i get an amen!

I say AMEN, I fear all which you say is true, and our next generation is screwed. Buy ammo now while money is still good

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drewdatt

98% Of Historians Call Bush Presidency A Failure

I hate to make such a worthless post, but I only have two words to say for this thread:

WELL DUH!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I stopped reading the article immediately when I saw the words "worst presidency" and they weren't directly preceeded or followed by the name "Jimmy Carter."

You're so right it's not funny. Well, this is what you get when historians try to analyze current events. Last time I checked his second term wasn't even over yet so I don't see how this could be history.

Despite everyone's plea for impeachment and treason, I've yet to see any action from the opposition party. So I suppose all these moans and groanings are merely politics as usual. There's nothing of merit to these claims else something would be done about it. Let's not even start discussing that he was elected to a second term. I guess he's so bad he's good.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I wonder what many of these posters would say to a President who wanted a law to replace 5 Supreme Court Judges with his handpicked replacements, outlawed owning gold, cut Benefits 40% to Veterans and removed half a million Veterans and surviving spouses from their pensions, ran a Federal deficit of almost 41% of GNP and had a national unemployment rate of 13%. I bet they would be screaming for his head.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeTracker
Can i get an amen!

the best post i ever read ''

Bush is nothing but a genocidal maniac and a fascist babykiller

if USA falls , then it will be thanks to him

amen

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Thank you Nighthawk. I was about to reply in kind but am glad I read on. Knowing that someone would probably refute that extremely short sighted portrayal of this pathetic administration.

Kudos to your reply.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was just recently speaking of re-writing history, I found this story about the President's library to be very relevant:

Bush Library ‘Will Rely Chiefly’ On Design Firm Rather Than Historians To Showcase Policies

President Bush’s presidential library, which will be housed at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, has received significant criticism because of an attached institute — independent of the university — that will sponsor programs designed to “promote the vision of the president” and “celebrate” Bush’s presidency.[...]

Continuing to ensure that partisan praise of Bush will trump academic scholarship in the library, advisers now say they “will rely chiefly” on the design firm PRD Group, rather than historians, to showcase Bush’s policies as president. The Dallas Morning News reports:

Bush advisers say they plan to consult historians but will rely chiefly on the veteran design firm they hired to create a museum to showcase his life, works and policies.

Some who’ve studied presidential centers say the lack of independent voices in the design-exhibit process risks turning the library into little more than a promotional venue.[...]

Referring to the decision to hire the design firm, SMU history department chair Kathleen Wellman said “an interpretive planner whose work will [have to] meet with Mr. Bush’s approval is not likely to involve historians. We do not seek the approval of the subjects of our work.”

(bold and links from original article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Biggest Bush Lies

George Bush lies

George Bush Big Lies

9/11 lies, War on Terror & Torture
Iraq
Domestic Spy Program
Iran
Katrina
Domestic Policy

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by driveshaft08

Really lays it all out for you, doesn't it? And it looks like they haven't updated in awhile--there's probably enough lies now to double the size of the site.

Star for ya

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join