It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE...Help save Billy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Please help save Billy the elephant from the LA Zoo.

Los Angeles -- Citing declarations by experts who contend the Los Angeles Zoo has a history of abusing and neglecting its elephants, actor/animal activist Robert Culp wants a judge to order the immediate closure of the pachyderm exhibit and stop work on its expansion, court papers show.

Animal rights activists have long complained about the zoo's treatment of elephants. Last May, Ruby, a 46-year-old African elephant, was moved to the Performing Animal Welfare Society Elephant Sanctuary in Northern California, where she and three other elephants have 70 acres on which to roam. Another L.A. zoo elephant, Gita, died in June 2006.

According to a necropsy performed on the animal, Gita died of cardiac failure associated with blood clots blocking the right chamber and major vessels of her heart. An investigation determined that zoo officials were slow to react after the elephant was reported in a downed position.

www.myfoxla.com...

I read this article and it just broke my heart. We are so selfish and look to meet our needs through various forms of entertainment that we don't see what we are doing.

This poor elephant needs his pack and he is being isolated. Please help by signing this petition and pass it around to all you know.

www.thepetitionsite.com...

I apologize to the mods in advance if I quoted all of this wrong.
Please folks sign this petition, it's important that we protect our animals and I am putting this out on ATS because I know we have very caring people on this site that look to do good things.

-D

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I know I didn't open this to discussion because I think it speaks for itself.

But for those that are signing the petition could you please put something in this thread so I know this is being responded to?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I added

Just love to help anything that needs help.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
wow what a great site, i wish i knew about it earlier, signed, Im escpecially interested in taking animals out of circuses

new topics

top topics

join