It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter lays wreath at Arafat Tomb

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
You haven't seen nothin yet!

Thanks alot! I'll be having some nightmares tonight.

Oh .. and did I mention .... Carter endorsed Obama.
Hamas now endorses Obama too . Hmmmmm
More nightmares for me .. and for the world.

[edit on 4/15/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That is my point also, thanks for bringing this up, yes I agree that he was a murderer, rapist pedophile or whatever, but they man was the icon for many in the Islamic world.

I don't think that Carter would have survived if he defecated in Arafat's grave in a land that is no his surrounded by Arafat worshipers.

I think people are forgetting some littler facts here.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
but they man was the icon for many in the Islamic world.

So what? The founder of the KKK is an icon for many in the deep south.
But it would be wrong for a POTUS to honor his grave as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He was visiting their land what do you expect, common Flayers you know better. . . We are a nation of politically correct people, polite, generous and good christians root, full of bs I mean good intentions.

You made my day girl.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Carter, Carter Carter, Arafat invented airline hijacking.

All this as America prepare to elect the next Jimmy Carter.
Thirty years from now Obama will be laying a wreath on Osama's tomb.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe Carter is working against those who tried to kill him back in the 1970's?!

Two bums and a military sniper in L.A.!

Then the October surpirse!

put two and two...make 4...and their you have it!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter ,The CFR President, who surrounded himself with a CFR/Trilateral cabinet.
I'd say the "ineffectiveness" of his Presidency was by design.
Wouldn't be surprised if Arafat was on the payroll the whole time, maybe as a vehicle to increase military aid to Israel.
I don't know... a small PR mission for the NWO boys to a region that will eventually have to be assimilated into a subordinate role.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

" Jimmy Carter lays wreath at Arafat Tomb "

Only a NWO zombie like carter could pull off a stunt like that. Did he also thank bubba for sending arafat a cpl million dollars [ back in the day ] to keep his shenanigans up? because arafat was broke!

Un-freaking believable...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Alxndro don't even whisper that!! Blasphemer lol....but it was hilariously funny, then I was too scared to laugh when I thought about it for a few minutes...

Man oh man, I sure hope you aren't right on that

Carter was asked not to go by the current administration...he should have honored their wishes...oh yes, sorry forgot this was the same idiot who let our hostages be held for 444 days, silly me.

This man is so delusional, he probably thought our hostages were being treated like they were in a club med resort. I am sure he felt sorry for the Iranians "plight" and not the poor hostages, and their families....he's pathetic.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
He's trying to build a bridge here, right? Would you prefer he defecated on Arafat's grave and then accomplish nothing? It's called diplomacy. Or is attempting peace in this unstable region undesirable?

Intrepid...you're my hero. You also remind me of why I friended you.

Guys you have to start somewhere. Otherwise this will never end.
Let go of the animosity for a change because if you haven't noticed yet things are going to go from bad to worse real fast this summer if our leaders don't try and mend this broken area.

I don't doubt what is claimed about Arafat is true (God, everyone in a leadership position seems corrupt from head to toe) but something has to change. Even if it means biting the bullet and being humble.

My (idealistic) 2 cents.

P.S. Is it me or have the members of Free Republic started migrating?

- Lee

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Thats easy saying.
But ask yourself the following question, how and why becomes Arafat the man he was.
What is the real origin of terrorism?
I really wonder what you would think or doing when your land is taken away from you?

Arafat was born in 1929, in Cairo, Egypt. He was the fifth child of a Palestinian businessman. When he was 4, young Yasser was sent to Jerusalem to live with his uncle. He was still there in 1948, when the state of Israel was created. After the atrocities committed against Jewish people during World War II, several nations decided to give the Jewish people a new homeland. Israel was created from lands formerly belonging to other countries and peoples. Among the people who lost their homeland in this process were the Palestinians. When he was 16, Arafat created the Palestinian Students' League. He was back in Cairo at this time and continued to work all his adult life to try to regain a homeland for his people.
In 1965, Arafat formed a group called Fatah, an underground guerilla movement whose goal was to regain Palestinian territory by fighting Israel. This marked the first in a series of actions that gained him the respect of many Palestinians, the distrust of others, and the enmity of nearly every Jewish person in the Middle East.

www.socialstudiesforkids.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Guys you have to start somewhere.

You don't 'start' by honoring a murdering terrorist and pedophile rapist.
You IGNORE his grave. If you honor it .. then you are signaling that what
he did was just fine.

Otherwise this will never end.

In that part of the world it won't end. The anti-christ will end it for a
short time. But war has been there since before records were kept
(12,000 BC) and it will continue until the end of the world.

Is it me or have the members of Free Republic started migrating?

You have mistaken ATS for democraticunderground.com.

Originally posted by spacevisitor
What is the real origin of terrorism?

Himself. His overblown ego. His bloodthirst. His power-hungry self.
His putrid pedophile urges. HE is the origin of his own terrorism.
To say anything else is simply 'projection' and wrong.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I feel that forgiveness is what Mr. Carter was trying to convey... and Arafat should be respected.

There were many people whom Arafat fought for, and you might now like his lifestyle or you may feel he was a monster, but others do not share your conviction in the matter.

You are not the world. Grow up and stop being a baby. If peace is to be achieved, you have to give forgiveness and accept humility as Christ intended.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
Arafat should be respected.

Hell no he shouldn't be respected. He should be IGNORED.
He should be exposed for what he was and the people there
should be EDUCATED as to why his behavior was wrong.

He was a murdering terrorist and pedophile rapist.
You don't 'respect' murdering terrorists and pedophiles.

others do not share your conviction in the matter.

Then they are either sickos who agree with pedophilia or they need to be educated in the matter... or both.

Grow up and stop being a baby.

YOU grow up and stop being a baby.

you have to give forgiveness and accept humility as Christ intended.

Oh please.
Forgive Arafat? Sure. But don't honor him.
As for 'accept humility'?? WTF?? That's strange and out of place in this conversation.

Oh .. and I'm sure Christ did NOT intend the world to honor a terrorist
and a pedophile. :shk:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He was a murdering terrorist and pedophile rapist.
You don't 'respect' murdering terrorists and pedophiles.

You respect the person's position in concerns with the people who revered them. You respect what good a person tried to do, despite what evil they may have accomplished.

Then they are either sickos who agree with pedophilia or they need to be educated in the matter... or both.

Or Arafat was seen as someone representative of Palestinian voices, and your view of him doesn't matter to them.

Oh please.
Forgive Arafat? Sure. But don't honor him.
As for 'accept humility'?? WTF?? That's strange and out of place in this conversation.

Humility is never strange and out of place to remind people of. Especially when people go around spouting hatred of any other human being.

Oh .. and I'm sure Christ did NOT intend the world to honor a terrorist
and a pedophile. :shk:

Love thy Enemy as you would a Friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
You respect the person's position

He's dead. He has no position. Carter went out of his way on this one.

You respect what good a person tried to do,

With Arafat there wasn't any good. He left behind nothing but death,
destruction, wounded little boys he raped, and the 'Palestinians' without
a homeland. Arafat could have ended EVERYTHING back in the Camp
David talks with Bill Clinton. But blood thirsty Arafat wouldn't give up
his power.

people go around spouting hatred of any other human being.

Exposing the vileness of Arafat and exposing Jimmy Carter for honoring the scum is not 'spouting hatred'. It's stating facts.

But here's some hatred for you - I hate everything Arafat did.
And with good reason. I hate that Carter is giving Arafat
credibility and that by honoring the scum he is encouraging the
same kind of behavior that Arafat was guilty of.

Love thy Enemy as you would a Friend.

Love - as in pray for the guy - but dont' cover his massive sins up and sugar coat them, and don't load him with earthly honors especially when he doesn't deserve any.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He's dead. He has no position. Carter went out of his way on this one.

Even in death, a person holds a position in the hearts and minds of those they represented. I expect that you understand that Palestinians held the man in high regard.

With Arafat there wasn't any good. He left behind nothing but death,
destruction, wounded little boys he raped, and the 'Palestinians' without
a homeland. Arafat could have ended EVERYTHING back in the Camp
David talks with Bill Clinton. But blood thirsty Arafat wouldn't give up
his power.

Or perhaps he wasn't willing to give up the power from what was offered. Even leaders have to consider a cost benefit analysis. You can say he was a hate monger, and Arafat's supporters may say that the deal was unfair to Palestinians. Arafat was a utilitarian, for him the ends justified the means.

As stated before, I expect you to understand that Palestinians held the man in high regard, despite what the rest of the world thinks of him.

Exposing the vileness of Arafat and exposing Jimmy Carter for honoring the scum is not 'spouting hatred'. It's stating facts.

But here's some hatred for you - I hate everything Arafat did.
And with good reason. I hate that Carter is giving Arafat
credibility and that by honoring the scum he is encouraging the
same kind of behavior that Arafat was guilty of.

Maybe Carter felt that despite how wrong he may have been in his execution, that Arafat did want better for the Palestinian people.

Love - as in pray for the guy - but dont' cover his massive sins up and sugar coat them, and don't load him with earthly honors especially when he doesn't deserve any.

Sins are between the sinner and his maker. The people he represented respect what he tried to do, perhaps not his methodology in all cases. That should be recognized; the people's respect for him.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
We do not know what is in the former Presidents heart...

he could have been 'holding his spiritual nose' at the ceremony.

I'd also submit that Carters presence there was not for Arafat the man,
but for Arafat the leader.
Snubbing Arafat would be a slap in the face of the Palestinians...
even the parts of the population which were not Fatah followers.

Carters mission is not to sow seeds of contention,
on the outside at least his self initiated mission is to open doors
and a potentential venue for dialogue.

After Carter has done the dirty mule work, then the silver tongued
elites can come to the party (even if reluctantly)
What Would Kissinger Do?
remember the shuttle diplomacy of former Sec of State Henry Kissinger...
Why isn't his ilk involved in trying to unwind the Palestinian issues/Hamas/Gaza etc?

Carter is in the belly of the beast, either feigning commonality/solidarity or else having really been won-over to the Palestinian cause,
who turned a blind eye to much of Arafat's scandelous behaviors & character

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yeah, he should do like St. Ronnie and lay a wreath on Nazi graves, the bastard.

Arafat raped little boys? Did he eat them, too?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Arafat raped little boys? Did he eat them, too?

In 1987, former Romanian intelligence chief Ion Pacepa described Arafat's sexual romps with his bodyguards in the book "Red Horizons." These body guards brought Arafat young boys to rape. Arafat would rape his body guards as well.

In his book (and this has been confirmed) he relates about conversations with Constantin Munteaunu, a general assigned to teach Arafat and the Palestinian Liberation Organization military movements. Munteaunu exposed Arafats ‘loud sex romps’ with his bodyguards. He also exposed that the guards brought him boys to rape.

Munteaunu, spent months pulling together secret reports about Arafat (whose real name was Rahman al – Oudwa) from Egyptian, Jordanian and Syrian intelligence agencies as well as Romanian files. The international intelligence reports were full of accounts of embezzled PLO funds deposited in Swiss banks, and of homosexual relationships, beginning with his teacher when he was a teen-ager and ending with his bodyguards and the boys that were brought to him by the bodyguards.

The ‘Palestinians’ confirm Arafat died of AIDS . Wonder how many little children he murdered with AIDS when he raped them.

And a word from Truth News and from Jihad Watch

When Arafat died he was a multibillionaire with an estimated $10 billion in his Swiss bank accounts. It was money given to him by Israel, the USA, Europe and Japan for the “humanitarian needs” of the ‘Palestinians’. If someone wants to put flowers on Arafat’s grave – perhaps they should pay for it with money from these accounts – money that he stole from the ‘Palestinians’ that he supposedly cared for.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join