It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter lays wreath at Arafat Tomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Story Here

This is just too damn much!

Arafat was a freak'n mass murdering terrorist. He was a sexual predator who raped little boys. He DECLINED accepting the peace proposal that Bill Clinton managed to get at Camp David - all because Arafat would have been put out of work (Chief Terrorist).

Carter put a wreath on the freak's tomb.

UGH! Did I mention that I'm -
about this?

Arafat Time Line for Terror

[edit on 4/15/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is more than a little ironic.

When Begin and Sadat entered into the Camp David Accords, it was Arafat who vowed he would cut the hands off Carter, Begin and Sadat.

Sadat was later assassinated with the approval of Omar Abdel-Rahman whom you might recall as having been convicted of playing a part in the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing.

Carter is a national embarassment.

[edit on 2008/4/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Carter is a national embarassment.

He's a national embarassment.
He's also embarassing himself.

Arafat was a mass murdering pedophile rapist. But there is Carter, paying homage to him like he was a great man. It's freak'n sick.

Carter = hug a terrorist. Wonder what the family members of those Arafat killed will think of this? Wonder what those boys (now men) who were raped by Arafat will think of this?

hugs and kisses for terrorists

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

LoL ..

Well.. is it a surprise? .. Seriously? .. I don't think it is.. I mean, it IS Carter we are talking about.

The guys a washed up moron..

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He's trying to build a bridge here, right? Would you prefer he defecated on Arafat's grave and then accomplish nothing? It's called diplomacy. Or is attempting peace in this unstable region undesirable?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
$5 says it does nothing...

Carter is hardly a "bridge maker" over there.. to be quite honest, I have no idea why hes even over there..

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Would it be worth it if he accomplishes something?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

No.

So you're saying that the status quo should be maintained. To hell with any chance for a lasting peace. Why? Because it's Carter?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am saying that even if Carter all of a sudden got the two sides to shake hands and have a talk because the Palestinians all of a sudden liked Israel because Carter laid a wreath at Arafats tomb......

It would have no effect because Carter is not the president, is not in the administration, is not in the legislature..

He is nothing but a washed up ex-president that few respect enough to take seriously to begin with.

So no. Even if he managed to make a rickety bridge between Israel and Palestine because of his idiotic actions.. nothing would come of it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Let us not forget that there are two sides to this story.

en.wikipedia.org...

What is objectionable about this action on the part of Carter is that he simply has no business at this time visiting state sponsors of terrorism for any purpose.

The administration and the State Department have asked Carter to stay out of this at this time, but as always, Carter is of a different mind.

There is no good that his visit can accomplish. It will only be seen as a sign of weakness by our enemies.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Grady, if he has no official support, as has been clearly stated by this administration, how can anything he does show weakness to anyone? He's acting as a person. Not a Democrat, not an ex-president. He's on an island out there. If he falls flat, no biggie. BUT what if he accomplishes SOMETHING!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You of all people should understand the mind of the criminal.

These rogue states are run by those who have no one's interest in mind but their own. They are run by those who view kindness as weakness. Carter might be going as a private citizen, but he's a former president and will therefore be viewed as more than Joe Blow, the party crasher.

I guess there is some astronomical chance that this private citizen can meet with our enemies and hammer out some kind of deal without the involvement of our own government, but I won't be holding my breath to see what it might be.

Nancy Pelosi went to Syria against the wishes of the administration. What good came of that?

[edit on 2008/4/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Peace is always desired! Carter has no business talking to any country on behalf of this nation.He is not a diplomat or an ambassador.By his actions he is commiting treason against this nation by consorting with a known enemy of the state.
Should he proceed with this folly I hope he is arrested upon his return to the states and tried for treason!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

He already went to Cuba and chummed it up with Castro without any official action.

The thing about Carter and those like him is that they never seem to learn anything.

Carter is already in a dead heat for most ineffectual presidential administration. He should quit while he's ahead.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Would you prefer he defecated on Arafat's grave and then accomplish nothing?

I would prefer that he IGNORE Arafat .. who now is nothing more than a dead murderer and pedophile. IGNORE him. Honoring him says that what Arafat did was not only alright .. but worthy of a POTUS to travel half way around the world to honor.

I would prefer that he NOT GO on these junkets.

I would prefer that he leave it to the people we have elected and to the State Dept. to do their jobs.

He can't accomplish anything. That part of the world has been in a constant state of war since before records have been kept.

The only one who will bring peace is the Anti-Christ (*cough*Obama*cough). And that will be a false peace that will be broken.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Carter is already in a dead heat for most ineffectual presidential administration. He should quit while he's ahead.

And therein lies some truth. Would it surprise you to know that Carter is probably the most hated president in our lifetime, inside the US. BUT the most trusted, outside the US? That's emotion Grady. We don't know what he might do NOW.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He can't accomplish anything. That part of the world has been in a constant state of war since before records have been kept.

Damn, but the other part of that world was worth spending over $3 trillions on though. The difference is the first is an attempt at peace, the other? But I digress.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Carter has always advocated for human dignity..I found Carter to be a dignified President. Carter is trying to inject some civility into an uncivilized political policy. I for one commend him on his efforts. His years after the presidency have been filled with great accomplishment.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Story Here

This is just too damn much!

Arafat was a freak'n mass murdering terrorist. He was a sexual predator who raped little boys. He DECLINED accepting the peace proposal that Bill Clinton managed to get at Camp David - all because Arafat would have been put out of work (Chief Terrorist).

Carter put a wreath on the freak's tomb.

UGH! Did I mention that I'm -
about this?

Arafat Time Line for Terror

Too much? You haven't seen nothin yet! These axxxags are showing their true colors in droves! Get ready for a lot more of it...Maybe even from some of your current favorites...Then will people believe? Probably not- they will continue to argue and bicker over details and facts designed to distract from the "show". As per usual.

We cannot go on forever like this, you know!

Or can we?

[edit on 15-4-2008 by dk3000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join