It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Vows No More Pedophile Priests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
U think just because the pope says no more it wil lstop if this was the case war hunger disease and much more would of stopped years and years back i dont like how people think or assume things wil lchange i nthere sociaty if thay are the cause?

POPE Benedict says he's "deeply ashamed" over sexual abuse that shook the Roman Catholic Church in the US and has vowed to do everything possible to avoid a repeat scandal.

Source

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Update!

"We will absolutely exclude pedophiles from the sacred ministry,'' he said aboard the plane taking him to Washington for his first visit to the US as pope.

"We are deeply ashamed and will do whatever is possible so that this does not happen in the future.''

The trip is the first by a pontiff since a wave of sex abuse scandals began in 2002, provoking lawsuits that have forced dioceses to pay more than $US2 billion ($A2.16 billion) in settlements.

Source

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So have they gotten rid of priests that have abused minors? How can you take him for his word of ewxcluding pedophiles if they haven't gotten rid of existing pedophiles.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So there you have it, all you pedophiles!

You have your orders!

WTF? Noble of him to mention such a thing but the pedos will continue and nothing will stop them.

Does he really think an order is going to take care of this?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think it's interesting that he doesn't bring up that these priests were most likely possessed by demons and that it's these demons who the church is unable to stop.

Where's the churches guardian angels that are supposed to protect the church?

Why didn't god or his angels inform the pope who to keep or get rid of?

If priests are victims of these demons, than why not the pope himself?

Does this prove that god or his angels don't exist? Or that god has no love for the catholic church or has now allowed the devil to take control of this world?

"Why hast thou abondoned me?"

It would seem that children need to be kept away from these dangers by glass walls and constant monitoring. We could call it: NO child's behind.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"We are deeply ashamed and will do whatever is possible so that this does not happen in the future.''

Words are one thing. Actions are another. Actions speak louder than words. Im sure they are doing all they can to COVER up these pedophile cases with all the Vatican gold and blood money they have.
There are still those preists who wear their robes daily and still get in front of the masses to speak the word of "god".
I use that term lightly when evil speaks for the word of God.
The evils of man have no place to speak the will of God.
Only God knows his own will.
I dont know what God is. But I surely know what God isnt.

And until Actions are taken.. I only see these as selfish words, uses by a man who speaks the word of God.
Ashamed? Ashamed.... They should be more than ashamed, This gets into levels of something very dark and sinister.
I hope those of you who follow these monsters are starting to understand, you dont need an evil man to speak of God for you.
God already knows you, you are part of God. But then agin, I cant speak for God, becasue agin, I only know what God isnt.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by zysin5]

apc

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You can take the priest out of the pedophile but you can't take the pedophile out of the priest.

Does anyone even listen to the Pope? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Note the specific quote:

POPE Benedict says he's "deeply ashamed" over sexual abuse that shook the Roman Catholic Church in the US and has vowed to do everything possible to avoid a repeat scandal.

That could mean that coverups will be more robust, and might say nothing about outing or removing existing pedos.

After all, there's gotta be a reason they didn't get rid of them when they first found out - they just shielded and transfered them elsewhere. This tells me that something is going on, such as a pedo underground, or influence or something that protects them.

new topics

top topics

join