It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~Contribution To Society~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If I say those words to you, what comes to your mind?
Something that is expected of all of us? Something that you do, or expect others to do?
Do you think of actions towards one person or many persons as a whole?
What in your mind is a "Contribution to society" and do you in your mind, follow along with your own analysis of such?

"During the last few generations mankind has made an extraordinary advance in the natural sciences and in their technical application and has established his control over nature in a way never before imagined. The single steps of this advance are common knowledge and it is unnecessary to enumerate them. Men are proud of those achievements, and have a right to be. But they seem to have observed that this newly-won power over space and time, this subjugation of the forces of nature, which is the fulfilment of a longing that goes back thousands of years, has not increased the amount of pleasurable satisfaction which they may expect from life and has not made them feel happier. From the recognition of this fact we ought to be content to conclude that power over nature is not the only precondition of human happiness..."
Sigmund Freud

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I use my turn signals when I drive.

I know it's not huge, but in it's own small way, It saves lives.

The world would be a much better place if everyone would use their turn signals.

oh yeah, ART SAVES LIVES!! Artist of all types make life worth living IMO. That to me as a professional artist, I just hope that I can bring a little joy, color, music and experience to those that see and hear my work.
I pray that in my own small way I can contribute to Society and not be one of those that try and tear it down or distort it into something ugly.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
ALBERT EINSTEIN

“How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he sometimes thinks he senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people — first of all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness is wholly dependent, and then for the many, unknown to us, to whose destinies we are bound by the ties of sympathy. A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving…”

whitehouser.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
lol whaa,I HATE people who don't signal when driving!! They must love the element of supprise or something.

I think we've gone past "making contributions" to society. Our societies are run by greedy ***holes who couldn't give a flying monkeys ding dong for the general population. I don't feel like contributing any more than I have to. I pay my taxes,that'll do. Now,don't get me wrong,I'm not a bad person,I'm always polite to people,I help people when ever i can,and I never discriminate (unless making a point). But,saying that,and to slightly contradict myself. I'll contribute to society on a more personal level. I know that (some of) those who've danced to my sets at techno parties have enjoyed it. I made them dance,they loved it. that's my contribution.

Music makes the rocking world go round!

(I'm also contributing 0 children,thus helping with over population
)

new topics

top topics

join