It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Overblowing Her Role in Irish Peace Accords Says Historian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Clinton Overblowing Her Role in Irish Peace Accords Says Historian

www.alternet.org

Last week, Hillary Clinton released a statement celebrating the tenth anniversary of the historic Good Friday Agreement that led to peace in Northern Ireland. She noted,

Ultimately, the real credit for peace can only go to the brave people of Northern Ireland, as well as the leaders of Ireland and the U.K. But I also know that helping to advance the peace process and to achieve the Good Friday Agreement is one of my husband's proudest accomplishments as President. And I too am proud to have played a role in that effort.

The statement -- and Clinton's assertion that she had been part of the peace process -- did not draw much media notice, a sign that her Irish troubles might have eased. Last month, the Barack Obama campaign had challenged her claim to have "helped to bring peace to Northern Island." And that triggered a transatlantic tempest. David Trimble, the former First Minister of the Northern Ireland, called Clinton "a wee bit silly" for claiming to have been a figure of an importance in the peace process:

She visited when things were happening, saw what was going on, she can certainly say it was part of her experience. I don't want to rain on the thing for her but being a cheerleader for something is slightly different from being a principal player.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
First she was dodging sniper bullets, and now she helped bring about peace in NI???

I'm not a big fan of David Trimble, but he is right on the money here - and for one politician to call another "a wee bit silly" speaks volumes...

The big question is this - do american voters want someone in the white house who lies and is so full of their own importance that they think they can get away with the MOST outrageous lies?

I'm still laughing at this and I suspect I may be for some time - although the laughter is tinged with anger at this ridiculously posturing woman.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
As well as this and the "under sniper fire" trip to Bosnia, there's also the "Chelsea was jogging round the WTC towers when the first plane struck" porkie as well
Seriously, this woman doesn't know when to shut up

Also, with a few unions deciding to back her campaign, her past directorship with Wal-Mart and the ensuing anti-union stance has all but disappeared from her Bio.

Don't ya just love politicians

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I can't understand why she is basically being given a free pass on all of her lies. She gets caught and the media plays it up like it is cute. Our political system is an absolute joke.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

We've had the same thing, most noticeably from blair, who just couldn't seem to keep his mouth shut.

The most memorable lie was when he claimed to have run away as a teenager and got on a flight from Newcastle airport to the Bahamas. The only problem with this being that his father flat out denies this and also there have never been flights from Newcastle to the Bahamas.

A harmless lie?

No such thing from a politician - if you can't trust them to tell the truth about little things, you got no chance with the important stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Edit: random test
edit on 15-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
**sigh**

She's been doing this for a long time.

Sniper fire. Chelsea's near miss on 9/11. Etc...

Only one of the reasons I'd never in a million years vote for her for dog catcher, much less anything else.

top topics

join