It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Food Crisis to Make 100 Million People Starve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Global Food Crisis to Make 100 Million People Starve

www.infoniac.com

Rising food prices that have already caused rebellions in several developing countries will likely to push more than 100 million people worldwide into deep poverty, World Bank President Robert Zoellick announced at the International Monetary Fund-World Bank Spring Meetings in Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Seriously, could we be in the end times? I am not even religious and things seem to be getting pretty apocalyptic.

www.infoniac.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It's worth putting into perspective - 10 years ago there were 700 million less people living on this planet.

It's not so much food production as human production that's the problem!

sty

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
when I was a kid, teachers in school used to say we will be 10 billions by the year 2000 . It did not happen. Still , we are not able to feed the population..From my experience while working for the Depratment of Agriculture (admin job) i can say that the agriculture is killed by the finacial sector. Farmers are the poorest layer of the society in most of the EU countries - so most of them will stop producing food in order to save money. Now, the EU system pays just to keep the land in good agricultural condition.Also , the land is more a source of investment than a source of food , this is another factor that is reducing the global output of food. I expect someone is behind the strings so that will gain control on the worldwide food supply.My guess? it will get worse.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I figured on another possible theory earlier today that i'm going to share now that this topic has come up.

It's to do with that good old car company problem, and how they seem to despise the idea of hybrid cars.

I'd bet that if you considered the way that the economy is heading, tie that in with the food shortages, and ask yourself how certain industries could stand to profit, the #1 industry that pops into your head are the motor industries.

At least, where they're concerned about their precious diesel-powered vehicles.

Mass-Genocide in order to manipulate technological progress?

I for one, would not be surprised in the slightest.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

OMG karlhungis you are such a pessimist... pretty much all the topics i have seen you start is about how the world 'as we know it' is going to end... i find this to be complete BS! i think people are just attracted to bad news

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

I won't argue with you. I am certainly a pessimist. No doubt about it. Maybe you should start some happy threads about what a great direction the world is heading in to change my outlook?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is happening, but we still have politicians turning food into gas when it could be feeding millions, this is crazy

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by purplemonkey

Maybe you should start some happy threads about what a great direction the world is heading in

sorry no can do... the media doesn't like good news... the real conspiracy is the negativity of the media these days... it causes people to.. well you know be pessimistic...

but whatever helps you sleep at night.. or doesn't.. its all the same to me

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
reply to post by Karlhungis

OMG karlhungis you are such a pessimist... pretty much all the topics i have seen you start is about how the world 'as we know it' is going to end... i find this to be complete BS! i think people are just attracted to bad news

Well we can just pretend nothing is going on and everything is Happy Happy!
Then when the SHTF we can say..........When did all this start happening? I didn't see that coming.

Even some comic strips in the local paper have war in them!

And by the way you could look at this a different way and say the good news is now I know what is going on!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If the world's population was the same as it was 2 years ago and we produced as much food as we do today, there'd be food enough to spare and not one person would starve

However, Nature has to do something about us soon; global famine sounds about right (the normal natural process for population reduction but wrought on a global scale).

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
there isn't a particular food shortage, crops haven't failed and production hasn't fallen. there is however a fall in the dollar and a rise in commodity prices at the same time. food is a commodity. the price of food is increasing because of chaos in the financial sector, not because of a drop in supply.

it's actually very clever. financial markets are slowing, property markets are slowing, commodities are rising in value, traders stop buying money, stop buying property, start buying commodities, prices for fuel and food go up, economy slows, financhal markets crash, property prices crash, commodities still going up, buy less money, less property, more commodities and on and on until......consumers can't afford food or fuel and stop buying excess or there is a rush to sale in the commodity market, commodity prices crash suddenly, economys crash compleatly, serious shortfall of private money, no more market economies, western civilisation stagnates and countries without a reliance on private investment flourish.

who is the only player in the market with the power, reasources and motive to do this? who has been driving up commodity prices in the last five years? we've been outsmarted, no doubt about it. the chinese have beaten the west at its own game using our own greed and short sighted belief in a free economy against us.

the reds came out from under the bed, bought the house and will shortly serve an eviction notice.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by pieman]

new topics

top topics

join