It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France's Diclosure of Their UFO Files, Help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Before I get bombarded with all the nay-sayers who say there "probably won't be anything worthwhile in the files" I have been thinking that some of us, and I am willing to help here...start digging in, so to speak, on reading their files and putting them through Babelfish translations unless we can find people on ATS who can read French willing to step up?

I for one am dying to see what goodies are in the files and if we do it in a team we can cover way more territory...

I took 3 years of French in HS, so I volunteer myself. Anyone up else up for it?

Anyone here on ATS already been digging into them? If so, results?

[edit on 15-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I know for sure that GUNSINWAR is on them: i'm convinced that if you will work together on those cases, then that would be great: it's a hard work, but as more people will work on the archives, the more chance there are to find out something of interesting.
I also know that Europa733 speaks french as mother tongue.
I'm going to U2U both them.

[edit on 15/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Awesome and thanks Internos!

I will u2u GUNSINWAR also and give him my yahoo and perhaps we can divide and conquer...Even though I had 3 years of French, I will need Babelfish for sure...

Thanks for contacting Europa, wohooo we have a plan now....

Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Thanks Internos for u2uing....

Guns got in touch with me and I just sent him an e-mail...

Anyone else here on ATS want to help with the files? If you do, u2u me, Internos or GUNSINWAR, thanks all!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
HI LA. Great initiative. I wish I could help. I don't know French (I flunked Spanish
) and I've never used babelfish. I know, then why am I posting right? But if there is anything that I can do to help, let me know.

Flagged to follow your progress.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Aweee thanks Rush you're so sweet to volunteer, believe me we might need help
If we do I will be the first to ask...I've been so dying to get my hands on the French UFO files and hopefully soon the UK's will be online as promised...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
When is the disclosure soposed to be happening? Hope it is not too long, could be interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
and hopefully soon the UK's will be online as promised...

I'll be looking forward to those. Should have lots of juicy stuff in there (for lack of more intelligent phrases) with all the activity in the UK.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

As no one mentioned the GEIPAN yet, I suppose you want to translate some of their declassified reports, not all. There are far too many, nearly a thousand for 1980-2005. I don't know how many will be added in the future. Maybe you should focus on the "D" category cases - unexplained despite sufficient data available.

Each report consists in the official testimony to the gendarmerie (PDF documents - difficult to use OCR on them) and a short description. It is difficult to translate gendarmerie, the meaning is not really military police. They are military, but do the same job as the police in rural areas.

Don't expect to find many in depth investigations there. Very often unofficial reports from private investigators are much better quality. It is useful to compare as many reports and testimonies as possible of the same event - lots of errors and misinterpretation can be fixed that way.

There are other documents, maybe some interesting analysis and statistics there.

If you need help checking translations U2U me, I'm French.

[edit on 2008-4-15 by nablator]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There are several translation on the web already. Google "geipan english translation".

A few descriptions have been translated here.

Someone translated all the D (unexplained) cases to English with the exception of the included PDF files. It's a 430 MB
torrent. Mmm... too big.

Reading the GEIPAN website through google translation is not bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I would also recommend the Google Translator over babelfish. It's not perfect, but it works a lot better than babelfish, especially with sentence structure.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
when is this suppose to happen? i would also like to help in any way, i dont know french but my co-worker does' i can have him translate something and i could possibly use google translator to help. or if you need a clamp truck operator i'm your man

[edit on 15-4-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Whass up OP ?

I am French as well, so if you need help, just U2U me.

Some of their biggest cases have been debunked in a way, by some zeteticiens (skeptics) but I am sure that you'll find some interesting documents in their website.

So, just remember, not all that glitter is gold, even if it comes out of the CNES & GEIPAN.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
For what it's worth, that compilation of translated D files I made a while back... I took all the PDF files out of it and re-uploaded it for ya, but I must say, it's probably not the best translation out there. I got sick of it towards the end, and wasn't going for 100% perfection. I just wanted to be done with it! So feel free to edit it or whatever.

thepiratebay.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm unsure if this is still the case, but the French used to have an actual system for reporting UFOs. We have never had anything of the sort here in the USA. If you contact the police about a UFO they'll just laugh at you and tell you to call the local military base. Contact them and they'll tell you to try the FAA. Everyone thinks your a kook and thus a number of privately funded UFO groups popped up which one can report to. I believe the French actually had a system in place for the police to document citizen UFO reports.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Thanks nablator
I added you as a friend so I could u2u if we need to and thanks for all the information in your last two posts...I didn't know some of them have been translated already, so that will come in very handy....

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Thank you kindly Witness

I am hoping you can do more then one or two paragraphs at a time on the google one

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Wow awesome, thanks Astrithr,

Was there anything good in them or are you going to keep me in suspense??

Edit to add this : What kind of file is it? I d/l it and it won't open?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, for the most part they seem to be the usual sightings of plain old lights in the sky, but a few have some interesting details, like effects on people, animals, environment, electronics, etc...one guy actually claimed to have seen beings coming out of a craft.

A fair portion of them describe triangular objects as well.

As for the file, I'm not sure what you mean...are you having trouble opening the torrent or the rar?
To download torrents you need something like BitTorrent, for the rar, use WinRAR.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if France has built their own vehicles. Anywhere in the world where the there are plasma generator projects and experiments you can bet the technology has now prospered and adapted to new realities.

Releasing disclosure files is just a method of disinformation mixed with actuality. You see as time goes on societies become more intelligent to understand things as they are. You already know that there are hundreds if not thousands of sightings around the world. A disclosure of files is no longer that much of a big deal. So what? it's just going to be another photo or video thats out of focus and out of view. And then theres the countless eyewitnesses. Pretty lame as usual.

Kids today don't care about that stuff anymore.

They want to their own and so do I.

I would love to fly in one. Hey come on and pick me up if you happen to read this super secret shadow goverment guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join