It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to disperse \

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

China to disperse \

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - China is preparing an arsenal of rockets and aircraft to protect the Olympics opening ceremony from rain, hoping to disperse clouds before they can drench dignitaries at the roofless "bird's nest" stadium
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wow. My first thought was 'well I guess they can create weather when they want'! I already see and believe that chemtrails are real and produce a cover of clouds for what ever reason, this is like the ultimate proof for me!
news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
heh... Lets just hope they are being honest. I'd hate for them to be preparing an arsenal of rockets for any other reason.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

So true! I can't help but think of the implications of this technology. The article mentions they spent a half a million on this project. Just a half a mil and you can stop and start rain?! I wonder what you could do with say.... the United States budget for such a project?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Half a million? Wow, I wonder how they can manage that using rockets.

I suppose if you could stop it from raining in one city during the day for a couple of weeks with a half million then you could probably.... Go bankrupt quickly.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
i am still stunned to see these so-called weather rockets being fired up, about a month ago they did it here (in Shenzhen China) because of dryness, heard it did not really work well. So I am not so sure how effective these weather rockets are or simply a waste of money. Or maybe some corrupted officials want to earn more money.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

That is a lot of money to waste too! So did they announce to the public when they were about to do it?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I have NO clue, what I know the more money involved the easier for certain officials to take advantage of it. That's why not surprised. In China we have to fight corruption. Fortunately we see more news that officials are being convicted.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

So do you think that a corrupt official has orchestrated the theft of this large rice lot?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

no clue what you are talking
what rice lot? I only know that the Central government has ordered a stop in rising the prices and started releasing reserves to maintain the supply. They also quaranteed a stable supply to Hong Kong and Macau (who both are mostly importing from Thailand). I won't be surprised if some greedy business men are taking advantage of the current shortage in the world market, like the consfiscation of how many warehouse load of rices in the Philipines, greedy guys who have stocked up load of rice.

You can U2U me for China questions.

new topics

top topics

join