It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Earthquake Swarm Off Oregon Coast Puzzles Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Unusual Earthquake Swarm Off Oregon Coast Puzzles Scientists

www.sciencedaily.com

"In the 17 years we’ve been monitoring the ocean through hydrophone recordings, we’ve never seen a swarm of earthquakes in an area such as this,” Dziak said. “We’re not certain what it means. But we hope to have a ship divert to the site and take some water samples that may help us learn more.” The water samples may indicate whether the process causing the earthquakes is tectonic or hydrothermal, he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
600 quakes in the past ten days.....Is this the signs of a major eruption? Experts are puzzled by this.... according to the article....I would like to hear what everyone on ATS has to say about this. I was reading some stuff and some people are saying this is the start of the pole shift...thoughts?

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I wish the article would have explained the difference in a techtonic or a hydrothermal quake. Great post, I would give you a star and a flag but I have not figured out how to do that! LOL!

Edit= I think I gave you the flag, I clicked on the box at the top of the thread.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Original 600 Oregon Coast Earthquake thread

Try a search before you post a thread. I searched "Oregon", "Earthquake" and "600" and found the above link real quick.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Apreciate the info. Wow, I didn't realize it was that close to Mt. St. Helen's, a supervolcano. I wonder if it could go off out in the ocean instead of at the top of the mountian?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Please refer to this thread in this forum to continue this discussion.

There's a lot of very interesting things going on off of the coast, and one way to keep all of the information easy to access is to have it in one location. This is why we're going to close this one down.

Thread Closed.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

top topics

join