It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Solution To Illegal Immigrant Situation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think I have come up with a solution to the illegal immigrant problem in the U.S. that all people, regardless of political ideology can agree upon.

Hear out my solution and let me know what you think.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The number of illegal immigrants in the United States has grown to as many as 12 million, and they now account for about one in every 20 workers, a new estimate says.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So we all know that if they think it's 12 million, it might be more then double this figure.

We need more "volunteers" for the military. The illegals are already here so what if we told them, you sign up for the any branch of the armed services... and serve say, 5-7 years in our military, abide by the conduct and the lawful code of whatever branch they choose....and at the end of that time period, they will have rightfully earned their U.S. Citizenship, all the while of course earning whatever salary the rest of our soldiers earn.

Of course, any illegals convicted of felonies in this country or any other would not be eligible.

What do you think? This way, they would earn their right to become citizens...by showing the sacrifice needed to earn them the right to legally be here, even though they broke our laws to get here, they could then redeem themselves, help out the country they wish to be citizens of, earn a wage and not take away jobs from the legal citizens?

I can't see one flaw in this idea so help me out ATS.

Added this: All illegal immigrants who no longer want to be "illegal" will have this choice, and no other.

Source for news: www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 15-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
One problem i see is if you tell one to throw you a clip and you get a live grenade because-- he no speaka english! thanks but no thanks
i do commend you for tring to do something with them

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Hiyah Bama...

Well of course they'd have to be taught English, and my personal experience with the few I know in real life, they pick it up really fast here at least in my town, because we're far enough North that we don't have bi-lingual bus stops, electric bills, newspapers, road signs etc like some states.

I think that's a fairly easy problem to solve.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well I think we are already doing that! Aren't we?

This is part of your idea

However I don't think it is a wise plan. But hey I don't think much of any plan coming out of DC is good these days.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

Hiyah Freedom...

Thanks for the link...I read the article and I knew there were troups that were not natural born citizens in our military...but my idea, I think is different in that...the people in your article, according to whoever wrote it, wanted to do the "patriotic" thing in the first place...

My idea is, if you're here illegally, give us the ultimate sacrifice and prove your worth...earn your right to be a citizen or get deported...I should have put that in my first post...will add that now.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You see there is a misconception about illegal immigrants and how they crossed over. Not everyone jumps the fence. I would say, from my experience that only about 10% of the illegal immigrants jump over and run the deserts. the other 90% crosses the border legally..as visitors.

I am speaking only for the Mexican border in this case. Many of the VISITORS that enter the US have a visa, passport or whatever other document it may be. When the VISITORS cross the border, they are supposed to enter the US, then go shopping or do what they have to do and then go back into Mexico within 48 hours.

This is where the system fails. they check-in, but never check-out. Most apparent visitors stay here and have entered the US legally, thru the inspection point. they are checked, inspected and allowed to enter the US legally as official Visitors.

Solution- Check in the visitors, but make sure that at the end of the day, they check out as they return to mexico. how do we do this? give them a special access card, to swipe as they enter and to swipe as they exit the US. this is very simple and can be done without any problems.

it's good to have visitors here from other countries, but make sure they check out.

This is a basic principle and it's a very easy program to follow. and because of this basic failure, we have this problem. it can be fixed tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Hiyah jedi...

I always chuckle at your threads

I beg to differ with you on this point that you made however. I have personally seen two students here from other countries, that came here legally, had the student Visas...took a full time load at the local college here, then drop it, they just came over to live here without going through the proper channels, both were tracked down by INS less then a year after they dropped their course load and deported.

Your post made it sound like the 12 million plus illegal aliens here now, mostly came by legal means and stayed after their welcome? Obviously you don't live in Arizona, California, Texas or New Mexico or you wouldn't even post what you did...you're seriously trying to argue lmao that the illegal alien epidemic in this country is mostly due to people coming here temporarily legal, then not leaving?

The only way your premise could be true is, that all the influx from Mexico, Guatamala, Equador, Costa Rico, etc...just walked across our border for a day trip, then never left...

And if that's the case, who cares anyway how they get here? They are here, and instead of giving them blanket amnisty, REGARDLESS of how they got here, they want to be legal...so let's make them earn it!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

P.S. Freedom,

Exactly my point, this idea didn't come from Washington D.C. I am not a politician, therefore it makes more sense then anything ANY politician running for president has stated so far.... we have McCaine voting for Amnesty, Hillary wanting to give the illegals driver's licenses...and who knows where Obama is on this issue, they can have their driver's license, along with their citizenship as long as they learn English and serve the country.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Your post made it sound like the 12 million plus illegal aliens here now, mostly came by legal means and stayed after their welcome? Obviously you don't live in Arizona, California, Texas or New Mexico or you wouldn't even post what you did...you're seriously trying to argue lmao that the illegal alien epidemic in this country is mostly due to people coming here temporarily legal, then not leaving?

Actually, I do live in california, San diego/tijuana border and I see cars full of Mexican citizens cross the border and never go back. They are here to shop or do other things and all they have to show to cross is a Mexican ID. Those 12 million and even more are crossing the border legally. Under the inspection of the border patrol. That's the truth.

I know many, many people who didn't have to run wetback and just go to the inspection booth, say they are visiting family and come across. they stayed here, got a job and never went back. And that's the honest truth.

My plan? To check all Mexican citizens as they come along. Tag them with A GPS card and keep track of their visiting hours. they are allowed to visit for the whole day, but must check out at the end of the day. 3 or 4 days are allowed but with permission. If they don't come back to the checkpoint find them and simply ask them to go back.

it's such a simple asnwer to the problem, and it's so obvious.yet people refuse to accept this and see truth in it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Do you realize the man power that would take, to monitor them by GPS? We can't even keep track of sex offenders, and they are way fewer.

Anyway, my humble apologies, that you live in what, my friend from Los Angeles calls "MexiFornia."

So you've stated about how you want them tracked, that's well and good...it will never happen...but what do you say about letting them serve in the military and earn official citizenship? That's the thrust of my thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Do you realize the man power that would take, to monitor them by GPS? We can't even keep track of sex offenders, and they are way fewer.

Anyway, my humble apologies, that you live in what, my friend from Los Angeles calls "MexiFornia."

So you've stated about how you want them tracked, that's well and good...it will never happen...but what do you say about letting them serve in the military and earn official citizenship? That's the thrust of my thread.

It wouldn't be that hard. it's the same thing the airport security is doing. Why can't we have people come in and go out and check in and out? It's easy to do. All you need is checkpoints where everyone would swipe their card after leaving the US.
No apology needed, I love mexico. it's free down there, the beaches are great, the food and the people are great. Ever been to cancun? best beaches in the world!

No more military buildup. Sorry. waste of money in my opinion.
We should hire them to work the fields, give them union status and give them amnesty. Pay them a fair minimun wage and benefits and they should be given a special SSN to pay taxes.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Yes I love Cancun...been there 3 times
All inclusive rocks...I agree the best beaches the best deep sea fishing, food, people, everything great.

Oh well, I can't convince you because you're an amnesty person
I don't think anyone who comes over here illegally, regardless if they are from the Ukraine, Greenland, Mexico or Ethiopa should just get blanket amnesty. But thanks for sharing your opinion on the subject.

"No more military buildup" is an exceedingly naive opinion since the world is expecting us to be their bodyguards for hire. If we had another hurricane Katrina, we don't even have enough National Guard troops to stop the looting

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

And who would foot the bill for your 'simple' ideas, jedimiller? The American tax-payer of course. Ridiculous. Why should I have to pay even more for these illegals... now to make sure they are tracked and follow the law?

And you make it sound like they are all innocent and didn't do anything wrong, continually referring to the term'legal.' Well... maybe they crossed into this country legally, but as soon as they don't leave, they are ILLEGAL. Just because they decide not to leave b/c they get a job doesn't make it legal in any way. I'm tired of the free-loaders, tired of the dual languages being on EVERYTHING... costing the tax payers more money. It's bull$#!t. Learn the language or get the #*$& out!!

As for your idea, Late... not a bad one, but what about all the ones who are incapable of joining due to health/medical issues... where armed forces wouldn't want them... the old... the young... the decrepid... the fat... the lazy... etc... what do you do with them?

First things first, the border needs secured. A fence is unrealistic and quite frankly, is the dumbest idea and largest waste of money I ever heard of. I don't have the answer, but it aint a fence.

I suggest "shoot to kill" orders for border agents. That should serve to be a strong enough deterrent. And I am 100% serious about that. The Mexicans will get the picture real quick on that.

[edit on 4/15/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

AMEN Rabbit,

Who exactly would foot the bill for Jedi's tracking system??? Perhaps Jedi doesn't care if %70 of his paycheck went to something like that, but I sure do...as for your query about the old, the decrepit, the fat, etc...there are some old, decrepit and fat in our military right now....we can always find a use for these people at a desk, translating, MP's, you name it....

They can sit their overweight bulk on an outpost in Afghanistan...

My idea, you have to admit, is better then any plan so far set out by any of the candidates. Let's say that 20% of the illegals here now, won't qualify due to felonies, overweight, crippled, etc....

80% would, and would be guaranteed citizenship at the end of their service...and upon just entering the military, they would make probably more then they do now at their under the table jobs...

They would learn English, discipline, and some sort of skill, all the while helping us out in the mean time. In return, citizenship....for the %20 that wouldn't qualify?

WTF cares, they are already here sponging and draining our infrastructure as it is.

top topics

join