It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face of Defense: Soldier From Sudan Becomes U.S. Citizen in Mass Ceremony

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Face of Defense: Soldier From Sudan Becomes U.S. Citizen in Mass Ceremony

newsblaze.com

Two hundred fifty-nine foreign-born U.S. troops serving throughout Iraq became American citizens at Al Faw Palace here April 12 in the largest U.S. naturalization ceremony to date in Iraq.

More than 40,000 service members are not American citizens, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. These foreign-born men and women have pledged commitment to the U.S. Constitution by serving in the military, and many are availing themselves of a July 2002 executive order making members of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So I have heard it said here on ATS by a few people that American troops would never go against their fellow Americans. And I would like to believe that to be true as well, however as stated in many other threads here Americans are not the only soldiers we have.

Not only are we giving them citizenship the US DOD are calling these new soldiers the "Face of Defense".

So what do you think they will do when faced with the issue of Defending their new homeland against homeland terrorist?

Your thoughts please.

newsblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

If foreigners are the "face of defense" for America, then what are we?
Chopped liver?

I'm happy for Simon, and his new-found hope, becoming American.
However, he is sadly mistaken if he thinks he's safe, or free from
persecution; as our gov. continually shifts from constitutionality, to fascist
totalitarianism!

I don't care what race or color or nationality a person is, before becoming
a U.S. citizen; just so they uphold and defend the Constitution, and show
true dedication to American patriotism!

As far as defending from "homeland" terrorists, i guess he will follow
orders...the new guy is always watched closely by the long timers, he'll do
what they do, if he values his skin...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Oh I don't care what race or color anyone is either. And I am glad for anyone who can have a dream and see it come true.

I just wanted to affirm what has been pointed out and questioned on ATS so many times.

The US gov will have troops that are not native born and will do whatever they are told in order to keep their citizenship! So when martial law is declared don't think our soldiers won't send us to a camp.

Because if these new troops are told that you, me, or your neighbor are bad then they are the "FACE OF DEFENSE" They will defend their new country!! They will send you, me, and your neighbor to a camp IF they can find us!

my .02

BTW.......... I am sooooo sleepy so I hope I made my point without sounding to stupid.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I was reading a piece last week about the US armed forces also holding an event for Ugandans to join up in exchange for citizenship. Is this a way to overcome the flagging domestic enlistment rate?
I also remember reading a piece a year or two ago about a possible US plan to recruit up to 50 or 60 thousand troops from African nations, under the guise of a UN force but under US control. I don't know if this ever came to fruition but, looking at the number of African recruits, maybe they just had a rethink.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

Not stupid at all, freedom; Star!

I'm afraid you're right about soldiers following orders; it'll be up to the
commanders to resist stupid elites.

I'm not too smart either, but i DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night!

new topics

top topics

join