It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Board Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I wonder if maybe it would not be a bad idea for someone to create a private board for some of us conspiracy theorist.
Basically one where people can post without having to worry about trying to validate and explain stuff that alot of us already know to be true to someone who either doesn't believe or feel the need to try to explain a bunch of stuff to people who are just beginning to learn about the topics we discuss here.
I am not suggesting that we should ignore either people who are new to the topics or even those who deny everything but rather a place to chat in peace and "recharge" our batteries.
I suppose some might call that elitist and that is not the intent but rather a place to rest up for a while and maybe even talk about strategies for dealing with the fact that we are all supposed to be nuts and find away to make this information a bit more easily digestible for people we talk to who do not know about alot of the info we talk about here.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
LOL

Wow, quite a post for a new person. Why dont you just post here and be part of the community. If you need to recharge. Log off. That is what I do and many others I know here.

Im curious. How would you accept people to your private board?

Will there be a test? Will you look at their post history and say "yep, your good to go" or "nope, you cant join on our private board because you are too new and still learning or I just dont feel like validating anything to you" or "nope, I disagree with everything you say, so you cant join". Will there be a secret handshake..er, keyword?

And im not sure why you think everyone here is suppose to be a nut. Im not and the people I have become friends with arent nuts. LOL Ok, maybe a couple of them are.

I mean, seriously. This is a joke right?

Oh, and a word of wisdom from someone who has actually owned/admin a few private boards in my past. Private boards are NEVER 100% stress free or completely peaceful. Might as well stay here.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sacerd

I think if you do develop a good reputation here, there ARE 'private' forums here, with only approved people. No worry about anyone and everyone reading everything you post.

Either way, ya could always just U2U anyone you think shares similar ideas and have an exchange of ideas that way.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
LOL

Wow, quite a post for a new person. Why dont you just post here and be part of the community. If you need to recharge. Log off. That is what I do and many others I know here.

Im curious. How would you accept people to your private board?

Will there be a test? Will you look at their post history and say "yep, your good to go" or "nope, you cant join on our private board because you are too new and still learning or I just dont feel like validating anything to you" or "nope, I disagree with everything you say, so you cant join". Will there be a secret handshake..er, keyword?

And im not sure why you think everyone here is suppose to be a nut. Im not and the people I have become friends with arent nuts. LOL Ok, maybe a couple of them are.

I mean, seriously. This is a joke right?

Oh, and a word of wisdom from someone who has actually owned/admin a few private boards in my past. Private boards are NEVER 100% stress free or completely peaceful. Might as well stay here.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

Well I am a new poster here I am not new to the subjects involved. I don't advocate not coming here, quite the contrary actually the goal is to help keep people wanting to come here.
As far understanding who would come and who would not, well I would assume it would start with a few invites for people who are known well enough as open minded, and from there more of a word of mouth kind of thing based kinda on the honor system.
No I don't mean this as a joke at all, I think that it would be therapeutic for people to be able to talk with others who don't try to disprove everything you say.
My hope would be that such an undertaking would allow for people to talk openly with people of like mind, and even if they don't agree with all the details of any given "alternative" idea and are not on the same page they are at least reading from the same book.
As far as running a message board not being stress free, well there are different types of stress. There is the stress that comes from ridicule and disdain and there is stress from putting in a days hard work. Mind you I am not saying that I should be the one to run such a thing as I am not computer savvy enough to do so, heck I don't know if I would even be invited to such a place, I am speaking in hypothetical s here. For all I know such a board does exist. LOL

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If others wanna disprove what you say, let them. If it's true, who's gunna look more the fool? Well... at least you'll know they are wrong. If you don't know that they are wrong, it's worth considering then, and therefore has relevance to the discussion.

They do have a private member board, called RATS.... Really Above Top Secret.... you need 5000 points to join the board, and 200 or so points a month to renew the subscription...

I feel like an advertisement now.

So be it, I say!

[edit on 15-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I know it is probably a stupid idea anyway, I am just venting out of frustration. It doe not matter if its this website or the next, so don't go thinking I am bashing ATS.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
They do have a private member board, called RATS.... Really Above Top Secret.... you need 5000 points to join the board, and 200 or so points a month to renew the subscription...

I feel like an advertisement now.
[edit on 15-4-2008 by indierockalien]

A shameless plug is always okay.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacerd
No I don't mean this as a joke at all, I think that it would be therapeutic for people to be able to talk with others who don't try to disprove everything you say.

That would be a wonderful world, wouldn't it.....*sigh*.....all happy and lemony fresh....

An alternative that would have 'bout as much intellectual usefulness would be to find a sand dune and bury your head in it.

Your idea is badly elitist and divisive....a more serious alternative would be, the development of thick skin; that tends to work pretty good. You just need to be here a tad longer and get your ATS callouses built up real good.....

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The internet is a difficult place to discuss these things. You'd be surprised how much time needs to be spent moderating these forums.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That would be a wonderful world, wouldn't it.....*sigh*.....all happy and lemony fresh....

Think you could be any more caddy?

An alternative that would have 'bout as much intellectual usefulness would be to find a sand dune and bury your head in it.

oh well then, great poobah I am pleased to know that here on ATS there are people like you to decree for the rest of us what would happen in a board that does not exist in this universe! A Prophet I say a Prophet!

Your idea is badly elitist and divisive....

not unlike this statement?

a more serious alternative would be, the development of thick skin; that tends to work pretty good. You just need to be here a tad longer and get your ATS callouses built up real good.....

Of course I forgot my place....People should simply accept inflammatory remarks when making innocent post, and give people open forum to insult and disparage you, that way you can build up callouses! After all taking a beating and getting over it is so much better than having not had the beating at all. I'll be sure to let womens shelter up the street know that they can all go home now.

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

new topics

top topics

join