It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry doesnt worship Lucifer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981
O, is there no one left in ATS land that will give my thoughts validation? Please! It's lonely and ungratifying thus far! I hate being so right!

Just because you are a non-believer does not make you right. No more than I am. The truth lies in the straight path to the narrow gates. The contradiction that I don't like about Freemasonry is because Jesus said, You cannot worship two masters. You either hate one and love the other. Then he mentions money as one of them, in which your craft uses to lure people in to your place of worship. This is why Christians should not mock the bible in the name of your "supreme being". You are a fool if you do not think that Jesus is in control. But you are free to make your own choices.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Straighten Arrow]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

First of all, as I told you before I am a Christian man. Secondly I "am not" a Freemason. Just don't have a problem with it like "some" people. You just can't get that through your thick skull.

And most importantly, what makes me correct in the matter is The Word of GOD Isaiah 14:12 . Seeing as how that is the true source of this whole conversation. Since you're such the Theoloian and seem to know that I'm wrong affter I did the research prove me wrong. Or will you just spout something that you heard somewhere else like always.

On second thought, Rockpuck was rite. You're just a Troll. I don't have to justify myself to such ignorance. Welcome to my ignore list!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
...in which your craft uses to lure people...

'...because the internal and not the external qualifictions of a man recommened him to Masonry.'

The above quote is taken from Masonic ritual and is meant to symbolize the ideal that all men come to Masonry as equals and their worldy weatlh or achievements do not factor in their intiation into the Fraternity.

You continue to preach from a place of ignorance which you choose not to rectify. This only displays your desire to assert an opinion which is solely founded in a directive which precludes assailment based on your subjective opinion. This only supports your employemnt of one of the deadly sins; Pride. What would your Lord and Savior think?

[edit on 18-4-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Why do I see so many vehicles with union and freemasonry symbols driving dangerously out on the streets? Why did my father-in-law try to invite me in when I explained to him that my job was going to India? He informed me of the benefits of being part of the "IN" crowd of the "Free and Accepted" society. Like most likely to get hired, better pay raises, more overtime and such. U2U me if you would like to banish him.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Well it is clear to me that books like morals and dogma are anti-religous. Another reason why the bible should not be mocked during your worship to some man on a throne. Why cannot people see this? Or is it because they are lured in to a society that may provide an easier way of living in this life?

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Straighten Arrow]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Why do I see so many vehicles with union and freemasonry symbols driving dangerously out on the streets?

Paranoia?

Why did my father-in-law try to invite me in...

Perhaps he felt he was being considerate and assumed that you would be interested in belonging to an orginization that helps others and considers all mankind equal. We do know what happens when we assume however...

U2U me if you would like to banish him.

Why would I want to banish anyone? I do not think your religious zealotry has modified what I feel is a deep-seated anger towards others that displays itself when your viewpoints are questioned.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It is threads like this, and the zealots posting in them which make me so thankful to My God, that I do not participate in organized religion, set dogma, and teachings from stories written thousands of years ago.

My own opinion of course.

Masonry does not worship anything, and if we all where to worship something, I do not see a single logical reason why we would choose the so called "lucifer".

[edit on 4/19/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Oops, "Theologian." I hate when I do that.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Why would you want to banish him? Because that is what you are supposed to do when one of your brothers breaks the oath. I didn't want him banished anyway. If he wants to continue his idolotry and bow down to a worshipful master so that he can belong to a society to make him feel free and accepted than that's his choice. I love him regardless of how I feel about it.

Just remember all of you Christians that you cannot serve two masters, you will love one and hate the other. When you bow down to a man on a throne entitled something as insideous as "Worshipful Master" and are not even allowed to mention our Lord Jesus Christ that you are not worshipping Jesus Christ. Instead you are following idolotry and worshipping that guy on the throne and maybe not even knowing it. I caught on from a letter written by Hugh McCurdy that enforces this point of view of mine. In his letter to his fellow templars I got the feeling that they only regarded Jesus as some sort of spiritual man and nothing more. That is way off the path!

Anyway, all that I am doing is getting trampled on in here. I've let my voice resound but I have other things to tend to and put all of my energy in to rather then worrying about those that I cannot save. I am not saying that the Christian Freemasons are not saved, I am just saying that it is not up to me. I just wanted to make you aware is all. But it is no longer my job.

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Why would you want to banish him? Because that is what you are supposed to do when one of your brothers breaks the oath. I didn't want him banished anyway. If he wants to continue his idolotry and bow down to a worshipful master so that he can belong to a society to make him feel free and accepted than that's his choice. I love him regardless of how I feel about it.

You clearly know nothing whatever about Masonry and repeat the same tired clichés again and again and again. The Third Reich had a phrase for that sort of approach: The Big Lie. Repeating a falsehood doesn't make it truth; it just makes it a falsehood repeated. Masons don't bow down before the Master of the Lodge.

Just remember all of you Christians that you cannot serve two masters, you will love one and hate the other. When you bow down to a man on a throne entitled something as insideous as "Worshipful Master" and are not even allowed to mention our Lord Jesus Christ that you are not worshipping Jesus Christ.

Guess what? In Lodge, nobody's worshipping anything. Ergo, the absence of mentioning Jesus' name is indicative of nothing whatever. A Lodge meeting is a get-together of good men of all faiths, recognising that peace on Earth, goodwill to men is meant to transcend the sort of 'my-faith's-more-perfect-than-your-faith' ethos you propose. Your proposal's more of a recipe for thermonuclear war than anything else.

Instead you are following idolotry and worshipping that guy on the throne and maybe not even knowing it.

Because you as a non-Mason know better, even though you've never darkened a Lodge door. You sir, are what's known as a troll.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Why would you want to banish him? Because that is what you are supposed to do when one of your brothers breaks the oath.

Is that so? Please direct me to the pertinent section of Masonic protocol that deals with banishment.

I didn't want him banished anyway. If he wants to continue his idolotry and bow down to a worshipful master

Despite the fact that your eroneous belief has been addressed previously, I will reiterate that we, as Masons, bow down to no one, we all meet 'on the level', meaning we meet as equals.

so that he can belong to a society to make him feel free and accepted than that's his choice.

He feels free and accepted because he is.

I love him regardless of how I feel about it.

Somehow I doubt this.

Just remember all of you Christians that you cannot serve two masters, you will love one and hate the other. When you bow down to a man on a throne entitled something as insideous as "Worshipful Master"...

Freemasonry is a Fraternity of equals, not a Monarchy. There is no prostration or obsequies delivered to the Worshipful Master.

Anyway, all that I am doing is getting trampled on in here.

Leaving so soon? I will dearly miss your unbiased and moderated point of view on Masonry and life in general.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well it is clear to me that books like morals and dogma are anti-religous.

Since you say that, it is clear to me that you've never read it.

Another reason why the bible should not be mocked during your worship to some man on a throne.

Huh? What are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think Straighten Arrow is hung up on the mistaken idea that we worship the Worshipful Master.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

So Ml, How's It goin? Haven't heard from you in a bit. What do you think about my post on the origins of "Lucifer?" I'm sure you know I was being comedic in my gloating. Anyway, I always value your insight and oppinion. No body has really added anything "of value" to it and I was wondering why???????? I thought it would clear some things up or at least put a differnt spin on the coversation.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
I think Straighten Arrow is hung up on the mistaken idea that we worship the Worshipful Master.

Yes, he displays a complete lack of understanding of the term in its historical use by Freemasons.

Those who have occupied the Oriental Chair of the Master know that we are anything but "Worshiped" by the Lodge members.

In fact both times that I was Master I felt more persecuted than anything else.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981
No body has really added anything "of value" to it and I was wondering why????????

lol...probably because it was pretty much right on the money, so there's nothing further to say about it. It is interesting, however, that the OP has once again started a new thread based on false pretenses, then abandoned it without so much as an apology when he was shown to be incorrect.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Oh well maybe I shouldn't have slammed the door so hard. I really just wanted to inject a bit of truth into the thread and see how it would change it, but it pretty much stopped it. At least in that respect (ie. Lucifer).

Since we got a few Masons I would like to ask, why id he called "Worshipful" Master??? I ask in all sincerity I assure you. Does it mean that he is full of worship? or Does it mean that he is to be revered for his knowledge? Or is it something else entirely?

I never could put my finger on that one completely. I always had my opinions but why not ask since the subject has been brought up. Can you elaborate?????

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

This is a fairly good explanation taken from Masonicinfo.com:

the term is one of respect and has nothing whatsoever to do with 'worshipping' of an individual. It is an ancient word usage with a meaning similar to the honorific "Your Honor". Use of the word 'worshipful' continues today in titles such as "The Worshipful Lord Mayor of Dublin" - who is not worshipped in the traditional sense nor is he necessarily a secular Lord - and is certainly not a Lord in a religious sense by anyone's stretch of imagination.

Masonicinfo.com

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You may want to read this before deciding who Lucifer, Jesus and God are:

www.freedomdomain.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join