It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Adair - Astonishing Story. UFO Propulsion Engines & Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I thought I had seen & heard it all. But ran across an old Coast to Coast episode where they interviewed a man named David Adair.

The C2C air date was Nov. 17, 1997. It was re-broadcast also on Jan. 8, 2006.

WOW what a story.

Google Video Link

What really gets me is that he says he gets his information from dreams.

I have had so many dreams and visions in my life. It has been the inspiration of every powerful idea I have ever come with. I have been diagnosed with a mild form of schizophrenia, but while this is considered a mental disease by many, it has been the source of almost every achievement I can give credit to. My nearly perfect GPA all the way through grad school, my intuition, the many many times I have perceived events before they happen... it is the source of my art, the source of my poetry, where I gather my imagery when I am trying to design, build, or create something... it is what I perceive and feel and relate to other shining human beings around me. What is it? Where does it come from?

Something about his story rings so very true with me. I got goosebumps when I heard it.

I am wondering, what is the reaction among the ATS community?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think this guy is the same person in the film called october sky Great movie Great find

Not same person but about his life

Hmm nope i have the wrong person But you should watch the movie

[edit on 14-4-2008 by duffster]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hi Ian,

WOW...that is a great find, sorry it took me so long to respond to this but as I was watching it my phone kept ringing so I had to pause it so many times...

All I can say is wow...he certainly seems credible...LOVED the story, totally believable...

I googled him though and I am concerned, only because there's not much written about him except on a handful of UFO sites....

I found a site that..... www.phils.com.au... that tells about his accomplishments, but if he's who he says he is, wouldn't he have a site? Wouldn't there be articles on his work?

You'd think he would with his credentials...I don't doubt he's a child prodigy in Math and he met Stephen Hawking from his story but wonder why there isn't more on the web about him???

Anyone else out there every heard of him?

Starred and flag from me, and I am sending this link to a mechanical engineer I know to see what he thinks about the technical info etc....wish I knew a physicist...but I've seen a few on this site so maybe one of them will see this so we can get their opinion as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hiyah Ian....

I found 2 interviews with David Adair I thought you'd like. He went into a lot more detail and also told about his testimony in front of congress that Dr. Greer arranged for him...and how Greer treated him etc.

Was very interesting. David Adair is a fascinating person.

Excerpt from this interview:ufo.whipnet.org...

Over the years, I have been able to replicate this process to some extent in an experiment that I built. It flew onboard one of the 1993 Space Shuttle missions. It was part of the GAS (Get Away Special) program. That's where you rent space in a 55-gallon drum for your project. The first thing I did was melt alloys together, and when you spin them in a weightless environment you can create any type of dimension you want, because I figured out a way to control this. There was always a question about how you shape liquid metals in a weightless environment. It's a containerless process. It's a real phenomenon.

Robert: You made a form without using a mould?

David: Right. I figured out how to take a fluid glob floating in this weightless environment and control it. For every geometric shape and dimension, we know there is a corresponding sound wave.

And here's the one concerning his testimony in front of congress with Dr. Greer and how and why he got angry with Greer as he talked about in the video you posted.

www.greatdreams.com...

Enjoy, I sure did!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The link that bothers me in all this ,is this one!
www.amazon.com...

In my opinion,anyone making a profit from this phenomenon
is a teller of tall tales,a liar,a disinfo agent etc,call them what you want,
but anyone that really wants to disclose this information does so
freely and without personal gain.
I think Adair along with Greer is a faker, a disinfo agent.
To me when they offer to sell you something that does not belong
to them ie the UFO,Extraterrestrial phenomenon,then it`s story finished!
Some people will try to sell you the turd straight from their ass,
and these two are no different imo!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There is a thread with a video here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I always thought his story would make a great movie. They would'nt even have to add sensational details to spice it up, his details are interesting if not all true...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Another well-practiced interview describing simply incredible things. Remined me very much of the Lear interviews. They're so incredible and put over with such conviction and authority, you just want to believe it all. The four part video recounting Adair's trip to Area 51 aged 17 is beyond belief: David Adair at Area 51

Personally, I think Mr Adair has embellished his undoubtedly amazing life with delusion and that he truly does believe it. He actually believes that at the age of eleven he was able to construct a nuclear fusion engine capable of generating 15 million degree temperatures. That he could do this after getting his knowledge through dreams!
What spoiled it for me was his reference to a meeting with Stephen Hawking ('Hawkings' as Mr Adair calls him). In Part 3 of the video, he describes how in 1969 he and Stephen Hawking compared notes and that this 'frail little guy . . . jumped up to the blackboard' when Adair explained where Hawking's maths had gone awry. In 1969, Stephen Hawking was wheelchair-bound and couldn't 'jump' anywhere. Adair states that Professor Hawking also gets his knowledge 'through dreams'. Why does Hawking himself not acknowledge this nocternal inspiration, even though dreams are mentioned several times on his personal website? Hawking Website
Sorry Mr Adair, you have a terrific tale to tell, but that's all it is, an incredible and very tall tail.

WG3

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Uploaded a couple interviews with David Adair

1997.08.19-C2CAM.Art.Bell.David.Adair.mp3
1997.11.17-C2CAM.Art.Bell.David.Adair.mp3
2003.10.13-C2CAM.George.Noory.David.Adair.mp3

[edit on 2008/4/16 by MajesticTwelve]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve
Uploaded a couple interviews with David Adair

1997.08.19-C2CAM.Art.Bell.David.Adair.mp3
1997.11.17-C2CAM.Art.Bell.David.Adair.mp3
2003.10.13-C2CAM.George.Noory.David.Adair.mp3

[edit on 2008/4/16 by MajesticTwelve]

Thanks MajesticTwelve, a star for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
An amazing story. I listen to Coast to Coast all the time, missed this show.
Found this while researching for a fiction book I'm writing...The most telling and disturbing fact, the government looks at everything as a weapon, the evil uses instead of good.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Just listening to an old Art Bell show with David Adair and what a crock of old s*** it is too.

So the top rocket scientists of the day couldn't suss out how this engine worked so they decided to get in a 17 year old kid to sort it all out for them. Yea right.

Oh and just as I write this Adair is talking about how he is hoping to get a movie deal about his life story.

Forget this guy.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Having heard this old art bell interview last night I did a little research on David Adair. It was an incredible story of how at age 12 he built a rocket that reached 80000 feet , and because of a fusion rocket he was designing was brought to area 51 at age 17. Sounds crazy , but watch this video with the old newspaper clippings.

edit on 5-3-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

join