It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood experiences, Truth or an over active imagination? Help clear the confusion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hello everyone, New guy here. I've been frequenting this site fairly often recently. This will be my first post.

I have a story to share, something I’ve never spoken to anyone about. I have a very confused outlook on this, and require some insight. I am also curious to see if anyone else has experienced similar things.

I was torn between here and the paranormal forum, so I'm sorry if this is viewed as off topic.

These experiences started around the age of 3 and ended when I was about 8 or 9. They all took place at night, while in bed.
My earliest memory of this occurring was at the age of three. I was living in my families second house, Fairly larger then our last. My older brother and I shared a room in the attic.
Every night I would look forward to going to bed. Every other night, after about an hour or so laying down I would slowly feel the sensation of being in water, similar to lying in a waterbed. After laying and enjoying this feeling. I would get a new sensation, something I can’t describe very accurately. It reminded me of the feeling you get Christmas morning as a child, a burning anticipation. After this, I felt as if I was being lifted in the air, to the ceiling. The feeling of floating on water would shift to a rocking motion, I was being held.

This is where things begin to get stranger. I was being held in the arms of a strange being. It was always hard to get a good look at her (it was a female) because she would always tell me to close my eyes. She would sing to me and rock me back and forth.
The closest image I can compare her to is that of the Virgin Mary. Whenever I see a statue or painting of her it reminds me of these past experiences (I am not a religious person). She gave off a lot of warmth. And was wearing a robe, or long dress, semi translucent and faintly glowing (a pale white/yellow glow).
I know that she was defiantly not human.
These encounters continued over the years, even after moving to a new house and town, ending around the age of 8.

I am positive that I was not dreaming.
I have always had very vivid, strange dreams. I could go on about for quite some time but most aren’t very relevant right now.

When I was eight (I think) I discovered my first fear, Aliens. We had just finished watching the movie "Mars Attacks" a comedy featuring invading aliens. This movie struck me in a very odd way. I was immediately horrified. Afterwards I always had to sleep with the blankets over my head, facing the wall, with a light on. I would see shadows and hear noises and my imagination would get the best of me.
I would also have very frequent nightmares involving these cartoony aliens. This fear stuck with me for about 3 years.

Around the age of 11 and continuing to this day, This fear and these dreams we're replaced. I now have the strange unexplained fear of drowning in a car. I rarely have nightmares now, but when I do, they're the same. I'm with my family, in our old dodge minivan, we're driving in the back roads and for some reason we drive off a small bridge into a pond. I wake up at this moment every time.
I now have my own car, but this dream still takes place in our old minivan.

Dreams have always fascinated me. Very often I will dream and what took place will happen days, months or years after.
I have déjà very often, several times a week.

Also, whenever I spend some time thinking of something unordinary I will see it, be it on TV, driving down the road. Or I may hear someone say something related to what I was thinking.

Now that I’m older and have been working I have to pay more attention to the time. I have noticed recently that almost every time I decide to look at the clock. The numbers are synchronized (11:11, 12:12, 2:22, 3:33 etc.) I mention it to my co workers and they think I’m insane. Haha.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I did not intend to tell my life story, but I'm getting to my final strange event. My 18th birthday.
Last Thanksgiving, two days before my birthday. I was diagnosed with temporary bells palsy, (like Jean Chretienn). The left side of my face was numb.

2 days later, October 11th, 2007, my 18th birthday at around 12am early morning, I was out driving with some friends. I started feeling a slight tingling sensation in my feet. It being October I quickly brushed this away and blamed it on the cold.

Later that morning I awoke with double vision, loss of balance and the sensation had spread up to my ankles, though the feeling then much stronger. (Similar to loosing circulation in your foot)
I stumbled out of my room and into the kitchen to ask my dad to drive me to the hospital. Eventually I was brought into a small waiting room. There I waited as this numbness slowly worked its way up my body, slowly getting more severe. 8 hours had passed and the doctors still did not know what was happening.
Eventually they decided to perform a lumbar puncture to test my spinal fluid. Soon discovered that I had Guillian Barre symdrome. ( A very rare syndrome that has no known cause. Your immune system attacks the lining of your nerves, paralyzing you)

I was rushed to the hospital, an hour and a half away, five minutes before I arrived I lost the ability to breathe on my own. I had a breathing tube inserted into my trachea and put on life support; I was nearly completely paralyzed, only able to move from the neck up. After a week on life support I began to improve at a very quick rate.
Exactly a month later 11th of November, I was out of the hospital and rehab, able to walk out. Guillian Barre can take up to 12 months to recover from, so I am very lucky.

My outlook on life has changed drastically since, and my ambition boosted. I have always had a strange sense that there is more to life then what we are aware of. And that I have some unfulfilled purpose or mission. I know that is usually a sign of delusional thinking, but I stand by it.

Well, that’s my story. I apologize; I know it’s very drawn out and not very organized, but I tried not to leave out any details. I don’t expect many people will read the entire thing. But I’m hoping some may and would love to hear some of your insights and opinions.
Has anyone had an experience or strange synchronicities remotely similar to mine? Am I alone? Am I insane? Tell me what you think.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i feel ya man oftentimes i feel like sumpthins up but then just brush it off, just an veractive imagination right... sumtimes i feel like ive got a complex makin too much out of nuthin im a critical and anylitical person so i just tell myself thatsthe root of it but i wonder............. i know speak kind of vaguely but im just not smart enough to be super specific all the time like sum freaks are hope u can relate

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I hear ya Refuter, though after visiting this site and doing my own research, I feel less alone. I get by knowing that one day I will figure this out, everything will come together.

Oh, And you posted that reply at 11:11, thought I`d point that out

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The dreams you have as a child can haunt you for your entire life.

For example; i had a dream once where i was certain something inside me was being crushed, and at one point i thought it was as if my very spirit was being reduced to nothing.

I was very young at the time, not even out of the cot yet (that is how vivid it was, vivid enough for me to remember waking up inside my cot).

At this moment in time though, i think it might have been the realisation that the events in my life (beyond my control) would lead to my dreams/ambitions becoming incredibly hard to attain due to the damage they would do to my psychology, and that because of it i would only attain them by the time i became an old man.

Which of course, doesn't mean i'm not going to do it.

If you're wondering what could possibly have that kind of affect on a child - Your parents arguing at the top of their voice, and having an uncanny awareness of your reality should do the trick.

I think that the dream was some sort of 'prediction' that my parents would split up.

Oh, and if you think you got it bad watching Aliens at the age of 8 - imagine watching a film like Akira at that age (i was at the age where i would watch films out of my brother's collection when he wasn't there).

I didn't even know what Anime was at that age, lol.

Funnily enough, the same dream came to me later on in my life (about the age of 13 or 14), and i was able to study it thanks to having a reasonably developed mind, so for the first time i was able to confront my own personal fears and understand why those fears were there.

The truly strange thing is, the only idea or 'image' that i can conjure up of that dream is a picture of the outside of an old western saloon - whether that's because T.V has warped my mind over the years i don't know, but this single point haunts me more than even the most devious and diabolical conspiracy i've encountered.

What i'll finish on is that because of this particular brand of deep introspection, i believe i can pinpoint several episodes of my life that have shaped the person i am today*, and because of this - i know exactly why i'm a morbid f#cker when it comes to society, and i'm quite happy these experiences have shaped me into the person i am today.

Of course, that doesn't mean i'm unwilling to change, as after all i'm more than happy to build upon what i know simply by using my imagination.

I'm not certain how to translate your experiences in a way that would have any meaning to you, but what i can do is carry on sharing my own.

If you would like that.

p.s; Loneliness has never been an issue with me, and it's because of my introspection that i know why.

Just in case anyone doubted me on that point.

*Examples: The first time a girl kissed me, When my brother kicked me off the back of the chair when i tried to give him a hug, when i was alienated by the other kids in pre-school because of my over-confident curiosity.

Those are a few, but there are dozens more.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Snozaz

Its ok man.When I was a kid(about 5-6 years old) I use to tell my mother that "Mister Peanut" would come into my room and play with my feet and smile at me.Everyone knows Mister Peanut from the Planters Peanut ad.Well of course she said is these were all dreams this was around 1968-69 I was way too young to know about what aliens suppose to look like.When I was in my early teens.I saw an artical about alien abductions and there was a drawing of what the aliens looked like.When I saw that pic I almost lost my mind...sure as hell there was "Mister Peanut" right there on the freaking page.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've mentioned this to an ex-friend once or something along those lines and she said that I should go through hypnosis regression therapy or whatever. Many childhood traumas might be misinterpreted as something special or alien.

I am currently seeing some christian therapist who apparently doesn't want to hear anything related to these unless it refers to something closer to religion. He seems to think I'm progressing because I don't talk about these anymore. If this is their prognosis for treatment evaluation, they're seriously mistaken. I'm curently on SSD and see this as some lame excuse to deny me further benefits etc, etc. I've asked about group therapy but they say it doesn't exist or isn't beneficial etc.

All I can say from my own experience is that you try to keep a diary or whatever and you might just remember more details by association and the pieces fall into place. I associate some of my abduction experience proof with scoop marks and memories of implants and sugeries.

It's also my understanding that many children are implanted in order to be raised as humans. Some of these unfortunately might actually be for clones or replacements. So, it's not always for the best. Don't jump to conclusions either way.

I grew up having missing time, infections and also reactions to many foods and additives. Sometimes there were doctors(?) who would come and visit me at home instead and at least once my dad drove me to an airbase I believe was in Ohio.

There are sites with abduction questionaires. Here's just one.

mmm1919.dulles19-verio.com...

I started to fill it out, but when I got to the part about having been diagnosed as mentally ill and on meds, I quit. It has some interesting questions anyway and you can probably just copy it for your own personal records anyway, even if you don't submit it.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
11:11 thats pretty crazy sum kinda manifestation maybe

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I appreciate the responses, and apoligise for my extremly delayed reply. My lifestyle has been busier then usual, I completly frogot about posting this.

Since posting I havent noticed any strange dreams (that I can remember)
I still catch myself looking at the time when its syncronized, and I get a strange gut feeling when doing so.

I have had a major flip in my mood, and I have lost some of the ambition and positive outlook that I had when creating this thread.

I wish I knew why. I am 18, it may be caused by my growing teenage brain. Early in my teens I have experienced strange mood swings, long peroids of happiness followed by long peroids of depression.

Over the past few months I have been ocupying my mind with thoughts of 'why' searching for a meaning or purpose for what happened on october 11th. How can such a rare syndrome (1 in 250 000) happen at the very morning of your 18th birthday, and not have a reason?

Anyway, diddnt have much new to contribute so I thought I would just type what was on my mind and rehash some things I have already said

Hopefully doing so will shine some light on my thread, hopefully bring in some new opinions/interpertations or maybe people whom have had similar experiences.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
OMG, I do not know what to say! All the experiences you have so far shared with us I experienced when I was 6-10

I remember weird sensations that I could never be able to discribe, aswell as always thinking/seeing something before some one else mentions it be TV/radio or general chit chat, some times a few hours later or even days later.

When I was a kid I had this huge fear of aliens though every where I went or did there was refrence to aliens

I can't time properly right now because this is just too weird, I have always wondered if their were "others" like me, and btw im turning 18 in a month. Do you think this means anything?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply Zomonoid, its good to hear from somone else with simmilar experiences. I feel less insane

What about Deja vu? dreaming somthing then having it happen. For me somthings happen months or even years after being drempt up.
Though sadly this doesnt happen as often as it used to.

Its impossible to say what will happen on your 18th birthday. You'l officially become an adult. But if you really are anything like me then I doubt you will want to act as one

Just dont think too hard or somthing may happen, haha.

-I beleive this thread belongs in the paranormal section. It has little to do with Aliens and UFOs, If a mod sees this would you kindly move this thread for me? I would love to get a discussion going and would hate to see it buried in this forum again.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Snozaz]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Has anyone else experienced common syncronized numbers, and have strange things happen on similar dates?
Very often, even a few times I day I find myself looking at the clock when the number 11 appears, 11:11, 1:11, 2:11, 3:11 etc. My birthday is on the 11th so it may be a subcontious thing. But strange that what I described above would happen on that date.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ah, well I guess no one has anything else to contribute.
Regardless it was good to get this off my chest.
If anyone reads this reply would you mind letting me know how to delete posts? I would like to close this thread. This subject is very personal to me and I am not very confortable with leaving it here.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snozaz

actually - some of the things you felt in your first post - when you were very young - I have felt very similar things - very close

I'm older than you - but they still feel like they just happened

I don't know if it's some function of the mind - that's ordinary

or if it is something unusual - even paranormal

I want to be rational about it - and the question I've always had is - was it my imagination?

I've come to realize that the reason i ask myself this is that people - adults - tend to think children are incapable of telling real from unreal

and I ask the question of myself because now I'm an adult

but the truth is - I think kids are closer to seeing a different reality because they haven't been taught what's real and what's not - they just experience

I've gone over those memories a million times - and I believe I know what I know

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think you may have posted this in the wrong forum... you might have had a better response in the aliens and UFO forum. It sounds alot like you had some abduction experiences. I had a visit from a glowing woman when I was a child too.. I have written about that and am trying to finish all of my strange experiences in my blog but I have just started so I have not gotten far but you are young and should keep aware because it is likely the strangeness is just starting for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yes, I imagine you are right. Perhaps I should split the post up and put the first experience I listed in the UFO forum. Though what originaly stopped me from doing that was the lack of info to prove that it was infact an alien and not somthing paranormal.

I would like to hear more about your experience with this 'glowing lady' to see if it parallels mine in any other ways.
Would you mind sending a link to your blog via u2u when its completed?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I know what you mean, part of me wants to beleive this actually happened and part of me wants to brush it off as a dream or somthing I imagined. But it was so vivid and happened on such a regular basis, it is difficult to forget about it so easily.

You say you have experienced similar things, would you mind sharing them with me?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
sure -

it's not something I've ever talked about outside my family

I'm sure you understand

it's hard to explain something like this - and I am just not going to accept anyone telling me I was dreaming - even at 6 years old - I knew the difference between being awake and being asleep

especially since I never have slept as much as other people - even when I was a kid

I'd be wide awake when everyone else in the house was sound asleep

I have to say - with the exception of being able to see whoever was there - I felt pretty much the same things as you

not the water sensation exactly - but something I would describe as feeling like water - only because that would be the closest example I could come up with

being lifted - not rocked - but lifted - and it was real because the blankets moved with me - I wasn't just on top of the bed

a feeling of something like breath next to my face

this didn't happen all that often - I'd say 4-5 times between the ages of 6-9

the first time - I was so terrified - I have never felt that kind of intense fear in my life since then

abject terror

even though nothing bad happened - just - not normal

after I was let down onto my bed - and I could actually feel coming down onto the bed - I got up, turned on every light in my room, the hall light, and my radio and stayed up the rest of the night :-)

after that first experience - when it happened the next few times - I wasn't afraid at all - it actually was a very comforting feeling - I would still be freaked out a little - but not really afraid

my family always assumed the house was haunted - for other reasons

I didn't bring up these particular experiences until I was much older - and we were all sitting around BS-ing and talking about when we were kids - turns out my sisters had similar experiences they'd never shared - also one sister whose room was next to mine said she used to hear people talking in my room late at night - people who weren't my parents

so - whether we're talking aliens, ghosts (whatever - maybe turns out in the end they're all the same thing) - the one thing I can say for sure - there's something else going on around us besides what we all accept as "real"

people can argue it anyway they want - and I totally get the skeptics - but all that goes right out the window when you actually experience something yourself

I've had other experiences throughout my life that I won't go into here - because they aren't directly related to your experience - and because frankly I just don't feel comfortable talking about them - not even really comfortable talking about this - not even HERE at ATS :-)

they happened when I was much older - not drinking, not using anything "extra"

I do have an open mind - yet - I am one of the most skeptical people I know - it's a bizarre combination - and irritating

years of analyzing situations - and trying to figure out whether I'm sane - or not - have made me question everything - everything

so like I said before - I know what I know - but I don't know what it is

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Woah, thanks Spiramirabilis.

I bet if I was a few years older I would have been terrified also. I was probably too young to understand. It was allways very pleasent, though when I think back it is pretty hazy.

I dont recall anything after being lifted into the air, I would allways fall asleep. Do you remember anything in between going up and then coming back down?

I have never told anyone about this, not even within my family. But prehaps I should, I shared the room with my brother, maybe he is in the same boat.

I originaly said these experiences ended around the ages of 8 or 9, but now that i think back it was a bit earlier then that, I cant remember it happening while I was in school, so I was probably 5 almost 6 years old.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
you know - that's a really good point - at three you were probably too young to know to be afraid - at 6 you know just enough about the way stuff works to know - this ain't normal :-)

I told you this because - of all the examples I've ever heard from people - and we're talking about hundreds that I've read or heard on radio/tv - whatever - yours is the closest to what I actually experienced

I don't want to get into abduction - because if I was - I don't recall

only remember exactly what I just told you - and could honestly say it happened in real time - no lost time - just a minute or so each time - possibly less than a minute - you know how long a minute feels when you're counting the seconds?

anyway - if you and your brother have the kind of relationship where you can talk about anything - then I would - couldn't hurt

if you think he's going to have your folks have you put someplace for observation - I'd wait :-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join