It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina: UFO Wasn't Photographed on Purpose, They Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Argentina: UFO Wasn't Photographed on Purpose, They Say

www.ufodigest.com

The event occurred on April 6, 2008 at Quebrada del Condor in Tupungato, when a group of friends chose that location to spend the day. "We had wanted to go there for a long time, but just to see it.

We never imagined this nor ever heard of anything like it," said Patricio, who despite having been the one who pressed the cellphone key to take the photo, is somewhat skeptical about the existence of flying saucers and alien civilizations. In any event, he is still at a loss to explain how the object got into the photo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Very interesting photos and at first glance does not appear to be a photo shopped insert, however, i need to play around with the image before i am completely convinced.

www.ufodigest.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hiyah SilentShadow...

Great photo IMO...I like the close up too.

Looks like the real deal to me, interesting find thanks for posting it, star and flag from me...perhaps others will look so we can see what they think

Certainly doesn't look like a bird or a plane, the location looks fairly remote too.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Did the website crop the photo? That's a strange size and really good quality for a cell phone camera. What seems strange to me is that they say the object was not there or they did not notice the object when they took the photo. So was the object moving so fast that they could not see it and this photo was just dumb luck? If that is the case there should be a lot more motion blurring to the object. IMO, I think the object is too conveniently placed in the photo. It looks like someone was trying hard to fake a UFO photo without looking like it was faked. These are just my opinions though.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You would be surprised at the amount of UFO's that are not seen when pictures are taken, esp by mobile phones, (BTW modern phones have over 5 mega pixels as standard on newer models)

This is an excellent picture IMO, very clear, the best pictures IMO are caught by accident, if they see it , it becomes a blur because of the shock of what they see they can't stop shaking.

Im no expert but looks pretty genuine to me, but im not here to debunk being a total believer, It is this kind of photo that one day will give fantastic undeniable results one day, and with more and more people carrying good phones with good cameras im guessing it is not that far away.
S&F

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

When the focus of the picture is not the UFO it may be incredibly easy to not see it. If the photographer simply wanted to turn and take a picture of their group with nice scenery they probably wouldn't notice a UFO just sitting there.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Most suspect its a trick, particularly because they believe that Patricio and Gaston have a masterful command of image editing software by virtue of being systems engineering students.

"The photo is right here. And if anyone wants to research it, no problem. It's available, because I'm not interested in making money on this either," said a defiant Patricio.

External Source

I just read this in the article, it helps serve the purpose for this shameless bump. There appears to be alot of interest on this picture but not much member dissection.

Is this picture real?

It appears that alot of us (including myself) feel it is, however, i don't like leaving stones unturned. If indeed it is real then more people need to see this picture.

[edit on 22/4/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone had checked out this photo yet for signs of CGI etc...I don't see Internos or the other image pros posting on this thread...

And I was oh so hoping they'd work their magic
HINT HINT

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What a conveniently sized photo.

Anyway the object has clearly been inserted into this image. Just look at the thing. It doesn't look right.

No doubt people will flame me for this post, but if they believe this is real then theres nothing I can do to stop them.

Again how convenient of the guy to have the ufo in a small pic.

Suspicious ?

Of course!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by trilateral

That's why I want to see what the "image buster's" have to say about it

It doesn't look fake to me, but then I am no expert, and if it is faked, I want to see the proof so hopefully I can spot the next fake sooner

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by trilateral
Anyway the object has clearly been inserted into this image. Just look at the thing. It doesn't look right.

How are UFO's meant to look then? I guess this is why they are unidentified and why LateApexer313 and myself are asking for some more people to view and dissect this picture.

I personally do not think that any picture with a UFO is going to 'look right'.

I am a believer but also a huge skeptic, this picture appears to be the first one i could consider to be legit in a long time. Before i make this decision though, i would like to give people the opportunity to convince me otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join