It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARA: ATS Ghost Hunters: Antar and mrwupy at the Crescent Hotel, Eureka Springs, Ark.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar,

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not doubting paranormal activity or your experience in any way. That would be foolish as I've never been there. It's the legend of the doctor and just who was treated that doesn't seem to fit the bio.

As for the employees, wouldn't you think they are instructed to perpetuate and dramatize things? It would definitely add to that ambiance of a tour or stay at the hotel, don't you think?

Personally, I'd probably make it all the way but I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't wet myself, LOL!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Finally something I can contribute to. I live in TN and have stayed at the Crescent Hotel several times (if I remember correctly) about 5 times.

We never did a ghost tour or such but I can tell you I only experienced something strange once.

On our 2nd night at the Crescent Hotel I was getting out of the bathtub and my husband was laying on the bed watching t.v. in the room. The bathroom was dark except for the light coming from the t.v. (yes there are females that take baths in the dark some say it's for relaxation others don't care to see themselves naked in overhead lighting) either way I won't confess which applies to me.

Annnyway
As I was toweling my legs off something that felt like another towel brushed across my back, and not lightly. It felt heavy, heavy enough that I assumed it was my husband "just helping out"
yet at the same time it startled me. I turned around and began to tell him to stop being a perv and there was nothing there. I looked around the corner and could see my husband laying on the bed right where I left him.

Well that's the whole story really. I didn't say anything to my husband but I also kept the bathroom door wide open the following 2 nights we stayed.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi all ,

Antar and Mr W how goes it?

Great great thread i like this sort of stuff

Field work is fantastic and its good to see some on the site.

Now, This might just be my imagination but i was having a look at this picture.

Now i dont know about you people but without a doubt see 2 orbs in there.
And this is where i said it could be my imagination, I thought i saw something ( I wont say what yet) so i cropped the image and blew the area around the main orb (The one that you can clearly see) up to have a closer look.

Ok before i continue ill show you where i see another orb, If you look at the top of the big orb and scuttle left across the edge of that concrete looking beam thing you should see it. Its about a cm to the left of the big orb. Its only small but i see it.

Can anyone else see it ?

Ok so, any person interested in ghosts will tell you of anomalies in pictures they take whether that be orbs as seen above or faces or sometimes even more strange stuff..

That being said, This is what caught my attention when i looked at the photo in the first place and led me to blowing the image up and examining it closer.

This is the raw image

And this image has a filter on it.

Can anyone else see it?

Or is it all in my head?
Can anyone else see a face in there?

The face i see is about 1.5cm to 2cm to the left of the main orb.
You can see it in the first cropping i did as well as the original photo.

I wanna go to this place when i come to the states and check it out myself, sounds so sweet.

Once again, Great thread

Ps, I have not slept in a good while so my eyes might be playing tricks on me. But i can see a face in the photo without a doubt. I dont know, what do you think?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Mrwuppy and Antar,

Bravo!

What a great contribution. I had read the thread that spoke of your going to the convention and had been waiting to hear the update.

Great history mixed with your personal evaluation and excitement in your finds and wonders!

Orbs seem to present themselves in places of a particular energy, they themselves seem to be a projection of energy in an etheric light form of some kind.

I agree with another poster, there should be more of this on ATS, you just can't beat personal experiences shared by fellow members of this community.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Sorry about the delay on the UFO thread, but things are rather strange these days. How strange you ask? I came home from work this very day and a kid had been murdered on my front lawn. Shot in the head. That strange.

Omega85, I too see the face when you contrast the picture. That is one weird hotel. I'd still like to spend a night there with a live feed directly to ATS. That would be awesome.

I'll see what I can do about updating the other thread. Tonight though I'm busy watching the police. They finally took down all that yellow tape.

If I find a link to this tomorrow I'll post it, Just so no one believes I'm making this up.

Strange days indeed.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I know I have my issues with the bio but I did want to say that this is a very interesting thread and I meant to say that on the first page.

Good threads are hard to come by lately IMHO.

Also, I am terribly sorry to hear of that murder on your front lawn. Talk about close to home. It would certainly unnerve me.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks jbondo. This has been a really fun thread for me. I'm ready to go investigate something else, anything else.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just cannot believe that tragedy happened. Call me if you want to talk. I am very sorry. Did you report it?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Nice thread and interesting orbs and experiences

I recently did a ghost hunt in St. Augustine and will be posting my own thread soon, I highly recommend you check out that city if you want to keep ghost hunting.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

that's scary wupy. wow not sure of words to say but I'm glad you weren't around when it happened.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Thanks for the input, you know I am having trouble uploading from photobucket on this antique comp, but I noticed a few distinct faces in the orbs. Ill try and point them out at a later date. Good to see others understand what a reality check it can be when the orbs become more than mere pictures from strangers in books or online.

Do you suppose that the faces are the people that died? I once had an NDE and actually saw myself as pure light, a floating ball, I swear its the truth and I had never heard of anything even remotely close to that at that point.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Great WW I am excited to hear about your St. Augustine experience, from what I know of you and your intuitive abilities this should be really good.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Really really cool thread

Here is another cool ghost story from Arkansas might be worth a field trip to check it out.

One of Arkansas' best-loved legends, the story of a young French girl
named Petit Jean is part of the romance of today's Petit Jean State Park.

According to the legend, Petit Jean was a young girl who stowed away on
a French ship so she could follow her true love to America. Disguised as a
cabin boy, she followed her love - the nobleman Chavet - on his
explorations up the Mississippi and Arkansas Rivers. So clever was her
disguise , that her true identity went unknown to either his fiance or his
men.

At Petit Jean mountain, however, the young girl contracted a serious fever.
Her true identity was discovered, but the best efforts of Chavet and his men
could not save her. Her final request was that she be carried back to the
top of the mountain.
The Legend of Petit Jean

Cool story, and I have been to the top of the mountain.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Nice thread and interesting orbs and experiences

I recently did a ghost hunt in St. Augustine and will be posting my own thread soon, I highly recommend you check out that city if you want to keep ghost hunting.

I look forward to the thread Worldwatcher. I think first hand experiences by the members could be the wave of the future.

Or at least I hope so

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I woke up last night and suddenly something dawned on me that I hadn't realized before. Let me share.

The camera we were taking pictures with is mine and I've had it for a few years. It has only taken one orb pic in all the time I've had it. I've taken hundreds if not thousands of pictures with this camera and in all that time, only one orb has ever appeared. That was at the UFO convention last year. Here it is:

Then I went back and looked at the pictures Antar and myself took on the night of this ghost hunt. Of the 40 pictures we took we photographed 11 orbs.

That just seems odd to me.

The camera has only photographed one orb in years and suddenly it catches 11 in just a few hours.

I have photographs of the convention, no orbs. Then photographs of the hotel, 11 orbs. then back to the convention, no orbs.

That just seemed odd to me.

wupy

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's Dr Baker, Norman Baker just wanted to let you know!!! love the pictures, i've got many of my own.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
It's Dr Baker, Norman Baker just wanted to let you know!!! love the pictures, i've got many of my own.

Thanks for the added info. I'd like to get back there soon and maybe spend a night in one of the haunted rooms. I hear the haunted rooms are actually booked up quite a ways into the future though.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Awesome thread! Just come across it while doing a search for The Screaming Tunnel.
I used to live in the area and the Crescent was a favorite 'haunt' (:lol
for a friend and I. Whenever possible, we would drive through Eureka looking at all the houses and then stop in at the Crescent to make a walk-through always with a camera in hand. This has been at least 5 years ago if not more. They sold a book in the lobby, not sure if they still do or not, that was a very interesting read on the history (creative liberties taken by the author of course whom I believe was a lady psychic - if I'm wrong, it is just because it was long ago I read it) of The Crescent Hotel and the many roles it had played from construction to hospital to girls academy. It even got quite fantastical at the end with the story of the Monte Ne pyramid. Speaking of, y'all should check out that place too. Go when the water is low. Look out for Benton County's finest if you plan a night visit!

The books were located to the right if you were facing the check in desk, in cabinets with glass doors. Also, if memory serves me right it was manila colored.
Exceprt from Troy Taylor's book - The Haunting of America!
That link just provides some more info/history about the place.
Also, read THIS before your next visit. It should totally help.

One last thing, the elevator is supposed to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it will just stop you in between floors for no apparent reason and then go again when it feels good and ready to. My parents got stuck in there once. I always took the stairs.
And now I have rambled on enough. Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

I too felt like the stairs were the best option, and I appreciate the fact that you have nerves of steel! Thanks for the additional info as well, Mrwupy lives near there and just may check out your links one day.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Spam

[edit on 22/8/10 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join