It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARA: ATS Ghost Hunters: Antar and mrwupy at the Crescent Hotel, Eureka Springs, Ark.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/587c26349261.jpg[/pressimg] It was Friday night in Eureka Springs and Antar and mrwupy were looking at a boring lecture on crop circles by Nancy Talbot. She may love the damn things but for crying out loud, It was Friday night.

Yes, we were going to do a report on ATS about the UFO convention. Yes, Nancy Talbot was to give a lecture. Still, It was Friday night.

We decided to escape the conference hall for just a few hours and find something a bit more exciting. We were going ghost hunting.

The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs is known for it's other worldly activity, it's been investigated by the very best in the field of paranormal activity. Still, It was yet to be investigated by the members of ATS.

We set off to find the truth.

Crescent Hotel history.

Before the tour had even began we got our first glimpse of the night to come:

Did you notice it? Look above the mans head:

That Orb is either a ghost, a dust bunny from hell or he has the worst case of dandruff on the planet.

Finally the tour got underway. In the first hallway we traversed the tour guide spoke of a doctor who used to work at the hotel who smoked a pipe. The doctor is said to still walk the halls and on occasion people have claimed they could smell the burning tobacco from his pipe.

At which point this lady promptly lost her mind.

She said she could smell pipe smoke and soon everyone else could smell it too. I even started smelling it and I've smoked for 35 years and haven't smelled anything for the last 20.

Was it mass hysteria? simple suggestion or was the good doctor actually walking the halls that night? All I can add is real or not, I liked the smell and I'm going to buy myself a pipe.

Moving on, Antar and I were taking pictures when and where we could. Between the pictures of the conference and the pics we were taking my SD card was filling up fast. I had left my other card in the car along with my digital voice recorder. It was our first ghost hunt so mistakes were bound to be made. I'll remember next time.

Soon we had a picture of our tour guide and something was odd in it as well.

What the heck is that above his head?

It also looks round.

The tour had just began and the night would get much stranger. A hell of allot stranger than just orbs. We experienced one event that there is no possible explanation for.

Alas' I must stop at this point so Antar can speak and tell of the experiences she had up to this point.

We're tag teaming this thread as well.

I leave you with one last pic, taken by Antar of myself.

mrwupy on the hunt.

This thread could take a day or two to finish. I'm resizing pictures and making their foot print as small as possible. I don't want to run out of upload space.

I'll post more tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok as they were out in the hall antar had snunk off to take a peek around the corner at the awesome looking staircase where it is told, children dressed in period costumes are often seen. She began looking around for the person 'smoking' (smelled like that old cherry flavored pipe tobacco) and came rushing back to tell mrwupy we were going to get kicked out if he was the one smoking. Instead he was standing as you can see compassionately flashing pictures in the poor screaming ladies face.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
One point, you must arrive by 7:30pm, not a minute later or you will not be allowed to take the tour. As we gathered with a group of about 20 others (at least that was the number in the begining) mrwupy and I were engaged in a nice conversation about the forum and all of the sudden I get this hit and whip around to ask the people behind us if they were thinking about Sedona Arizona? Sure enough they were, and had just been talking minutes before about moving there. We saw this couple many more times over the weekend. Interesting couple from the the International Paranormal UFO Society.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow awesome story you two and great thread! LOL I can't believe you snapped a picture of the screaming woman
That's a classic Kodak moment...
And orbs too, ooooh ahhhhh...sweet!

Freaky about the tobacco pipe smell...can't wait for the rest of the story, starred and flagged

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I remember that. You came out and asked if I was smoking.

I thought you took the picture of the lady freaking out?

Anyway, doesn't matter.

I'll work on more pic's when I get home tomorrow and we'll continue the story.

It did get allot stranger than we've told so far.

If anyone wants to comment they don't have to wait till we're finished. Feel free.

wupy

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the story and pictures. I look forward to seeing and reading more!

I was just wondering if you spent the night at the hotel, or if you just took the tour?

The one picture looks like you were in the basement there? Basements freak me out to begin with. What's the story there?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Great intuition, yes that was the entrance to the 'morgue' via the basement. its jumping ahead of the story though to disclose too much about that particular point on the haunted tour, promise we will get to that part soon, unlike many of the tour guest who refused to go that far.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
For me the most haunting part of the Eureka Springs Crescent Hotel was the fact that it was once the calamitous and wicked Baker Cancer Cure Hospital. The hospital Dr. committed such heinous and cruel acts upon its patients (mostly children) that the doors and windows were barred and locked and no one was ever allowed entrance for any reason.
The Dr. had a secret tunnel bored under the basement level which was the one and only way in or out of the completely guarded facility.
He supposedly had armed guards surrounding the entire facility as well as the entrance and exit tunnels. It was later discovered that he was more than extremely cautious he was paranoid and for good reason, he had never even graduated high school.
The Dr. had convinced the community as well as the family members of the children, that cancer was contagious and therefore if they had any hope for their loved ones to be cured, they would stay far away and limit the amount of contact. The Dr. even went as far as to tell family members that their child had died and that he would take care of the arrangements for them as it was a communicable disease.
After the Hospital was closed they tore out the 3 story tall fireplace and wall and discovered the bones of at least 500 children that had been dismembered and placed there for lack of space after years of death and dying occurred at his evil and corrupt hands. How many more still spend their eternity within the cursed halls of the Crescent Hotel?
Later investigations point towards a Nazi concentration camp style of experimentation having taken place in the Baker Cancer Cure Hospital.
I will go more into detail about the horrific findings of this most bizarre and chilling story later.
Waiting to go on the tour mrwhippy mentions that he has never experienced a ghost and wanted to ask what to look for so antar tells him it feels like silky strands of hair crossing you face, and as she said that, everyone started to feel this sensation. It was apparent that what ever spirits were in the Haunted Hotel, were planning on hanging out with the lively couple from ATS.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by antar]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Reading this reminds me of how much more "field-work" threads I want to see on ATS.

Fantastic job you guys!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wow! Star and flagged. I really want to see some more of your pictures. Thanks for the post. I enjoyed it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Crescent Hotel accepts guests and although it is a very old place, it reminded me of a cleaner, more well lit Disneyland Haunted Mansion style decor. The walls are done in a kind of burnt orangish red color, and the tapestry carpets which I did comment on as needing replaced looked quite 'period' from the 1800's.

Wall sconces gave the look and feel of what it must have been like in there before electricity when nothing but lanterns hung from the walls. You get the feeling that at any moment an orderly is going to appear floating down the hallways carrying lanterns in their outstretched hands.

The tour guides themselves seem to be hand picked for the job, they did mention to become a tour guide one must be able to prove themselves as an intuit. The lead man was an older sophisticated thin man with a slight elegant lisp to his speech and was very much in tune with the Hotel and its occupants and shared a vast range of stories from his personal experience to the best reports of Hotel guests and their haunted accounts.

At one point the Hospital had rocking chairs set up in many of the rooms for the nurses to rock the babies that came to the Baker Cancer Center.
Sometime in the past couple of years they removed the rocking chairs as they became a total nuisance to the Hotel guests and the lobby received calls all night long from tired guests requesting that the creaking, non stop rocking chairs be removed from the rooms.

I felt a strong emotional surge go through my heart region at this story and asked why they dont just return them, as the eternal guests needed them for their security. The guide seemed to sympathize, however he hung his head low and just shook it as if he was also sorry they had been removed.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
The Crescent Hotel accepts guests and although it is a very old place, it reminded me of a cleaner, more well lit Disneyland Haunted Mansion style decor. The walls are done in a kind of burnt orangish red color, and the tapestry carpets which I did comment on as needing replaced looked quite 'period' from the 1800's.

Hi antar

Sorry I missed you guys, Linda Moulton Howe and I were at the hotel Sunday for the champagne brunch from 10 AM until 4 PM. I didn't see any ghosts but the hotel was reminiscent of the Haunted Mansion at Disney World, as you said. It was a chilly weekend in Eureka Springs, perfect weather for any ghosts, or ghost stories; it even snowed a little that Sunday morning.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
One more point to bring up about the Dr. Norman Bains, was that he loved the color purple which was fairly unusual for the day and age, he would always wear a purple shirt and a long white lab coat over it.

He was under the impression if he simply removed the diseased body or organ part from the patient, and replaced with a healthy body part from a healthy body part from another that it would stop the flow and spread of cancer.

Dr. Bains was contacted on several occasions to speak at Medical reviews and meetings, always turning down the invitations claiming his devotion too serious to his dedication and work rendering him unable to attend.

Most polite and determined to keep his 'research' secret, he would spend much of his free time writing letters to his fellow Dr.s and the family members of his patience. Always promising great strides in the cancer field.

Mr whupy, I do not recall how many goats he purchased from the local goat woman to continue using in his experimentations? Was it hundreds or thousands?

Anyway, when they discovered the dismembered bones in the wall, many other bones from goats, deer and other animals came tumbling out as well. It was also uncovered that he would take for instance a jaw bone from a goat and replace the cancerous one from his victims with the animal part.

I cannot imagine the horrific pain these poor children endured at the hands of this fiend. If you have ever suffered a bad toothache, you can only begin to understand what it would have been like for the children already suffering from the excruciating pain of cancer, surgery, infection, and to awake with an animal jaw in the already burning area, it must have been beyond imaginable.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by antar]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I apologize if I get ahead of your story here. I tried to search for Dr. Norman Bains and could not find any information on the fellow.

Was his criminal activity discovered before he died? Was he ever brought to justice for any of what he did?

I don't believe in hell, but if there was one, it's where the guy should have gone to!

Also, I am curious to know if anyone has ever tried to release the souls of the children from that place? It saddens me to think they were tortured, died there, and remain to this day.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

You know again your intuitive senses are top notch. I may not have the name of the Dr. quite right, maybe mr whupy can clarify, I just remember thinking everytime his name was brought out that it sounded just like Norman Bates...

As far as his prosecution, he did eventually get indicted for mail fraud. He spent a few months in jail and then was released. The guards and the nurses also spent short stints incarcerated, but no real justice was ever served.

In I believe 2009 the FOIA documents will be released and much new information will be brought forward on this case and the Dr. Until such release the information has been strictly protected by privacy laws.

You also raise a very good point as far as the children being released from their eternal damnation and apparent hell. I have worked in this field in the past and would love to become part of this process, and it is a verifiable and repeatable phenomena. So in some respects, even though the Dr. is no longer their captor, they are still imprisoned within the walls of the Hotel and being capitalized upon sadly.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Oh noes!!!111eleventy!!! 0rbZ!

Seriously - with all due respect, those photos show nothing but bits of dust. Leaping to any other conclusion would show a massive lack of respect for the scientific method.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Patience, as mrwupy stated he is working on reformatting many more pictures to bring forth. I too was never convinced of these supposed 'orbs' but in the next piece of our story I decidely changed my mind forever.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Fair enough.

The problem with orbs is they're not even evidence. There is absolutely no reason to even suspect they're anything supernatural, so the very act of pointing them out immediately discards logical analysis.

It would be like pointing to the wallpaper and saying it's a ghost, because it's in a photo in a supposedly-haunted house.
It's an easy "hit", but all it does is degrade the field.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
mrwupy I could use your assistance with the photo proof of the alcove just around the corner of where the group had first smelled the tobacco scent.

Feeling a pull to a darkened alcove around the corner from the group, camera in hand I was contemplating the children as they must look cascading down the 3 flights of stairs in period dress crying and weeping as many of the reports had suggested.

All of the sudden I felt a very hot sensation upon my face, it felt like the same amount of energy and heat as when you are sitting in front of a blazing fire place.

Taking the camera and looking into the alcove I saw my first orb. It looked like the sun, fading in and out but remaining in the same position. Checking the camera and looking at the physical space where I saw the orb, nothing just semi darkness.

Deciding to look again through the lens it seemed to be pulsing and the heat it was throwing out was indeed like sitting in the sun on a hot summer day. deciding to take a few pictures the orb began to disapperate.

Now mrwupy if you coud show the picture perhaps people can get a feel for what it looked like.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That looks like a really cool place. Wish I was there, it looks old and creepy, just the way I like it.

I hope that the next pictures are much better. The whole ORBS thing is thee, most laughable subject in the community, next to RODS that is.

Too bad the ATS members and staff burned a bridge with one of the very few experts in that field. (Jose Escamilla)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join