It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright white light moving fast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello everyone just wanted to throw out a heads up in case anyone west of Cleveland, OH is around and can go outside. I just saw a very bright white light about the same size of a bright star heading from east to west over Cleveland. It was hauling some serious butt and was out of my field of view in about 2 seconds. Not sure what it was, didn't have a trail to it or anything. Well anyways just thought I would post it and hopefully someone else might have caught a glimpse of whatever it was too.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i was actually looking up at the moon about 15-20mins ago and saw a dot moving fast across it...it looked like a shining star...i looked closer and it was actually moving quite fast. was not behind the moon..but in front....unfortunately my camera was dead.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Ramb0]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hi 1angrylightbulb. I'm going to speculate that you probably saw the ISS tonight. The ISS is in low orbit right now because it recently docked with the Soyez Exp. 17 and does appear as just that, a bright, fast moving star. The lower in orbit it is the greater it's magnitude.

These types of sightings tend to increase when the ISS is low.

Check this link to the Heaven's Above which I have set for Cleveland and it will show you a chart of visible objects tonight including the ISS. This is a great site if you want to try to identify the "moving stars".

Anyway, just wanted to offer a possible explanation.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Thanks for the link, I never knew that the ISS moved so fast. I mean 2 seconds to cross the sky, they must be going extremely fast.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I see fake stars and fake planes every day. You are not alone.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gattomorto

Why are we necroposting a million threads with the same post?

top topics

join