It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to start a boycott

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Outshoring of jobs in the US is getting worse. Companies that engage in this practice do have every right just as Americans have the right to boycott the companies that do this.

Here is an article about United and Travelocity. Personally I will no longer use either company. I think if enough Americans made it clear that we want our jobs to stay here (especially at this time of economic hardships) they will have to change their practice. I don't buy that crap about there being a need to change, it is simply for more money. And I speak from experience as I helped setup something similar for another corporation (a sattelite group in India to handle India and within 6 months they told us they changed their mind and were sending all American jobs there instead).

United Airlines has signed a contract with Electronic Data Systems to open a customer call center in Nova Scotia next month that will eventually employ 200, a spokeswoman said Wednesday. It is the first time United has outsourced such work, an arrangement worked out through the company's bankruptcy proceedings.

Meanwhile, Travelocity will outsource about 300 jobs to India over the next year in a deal with WNS North America, according to a Feb. 11 filing that Sabre Inc., its parent company, made with the Securities and Exchange Commission

ap.tbo.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Its just as bad in the UK. The company I worked for was asset stripped and outsourced, and many lost their jobs because of it. I say that if you are going to obtain the benefits of living in a country, then you should work in that country and give work to others in that country.
I agree with your sentiments.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
[bull#]But you just don't get it. Shipping off our jobs to India will only help the unemployment. It will create more jobs here. Don't you get it?[/bull#]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
[bull#]But you just don't get it. Shipping off our jobs to India will only help the unemployment. It will create more jobs here. Don't you get it?[/bull#]

Bull# back at you.
What in the world do you mean? How is putting thousands of Americans out of work going to bring new jobs? You mean when people who worked decades at high level jobs start picking lettuce from farms in Calif? That is the only place job creation could occur except bush just gave the illegals a free pass so they have more experience than we do at picking lettuce...

Just did not make sense to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That [bull#] thingy was an attempt at a bastard joke about html or bb code. It was sarcasm. Bush said that outsourcing jobs will only help create more jobs here. You cannot go against the man. (that was sarcasm as well.)

new topics

top topics

join