It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Is Trying to Wrap Its Mind Around Yours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The Government Is Trying to Wrap Its Mind Around Yours

www.washingtonpost.com

It's a question I think we should be asking as the federal government invests millions of dollars in emerging technology aimed at detecting and decoding brain activity. And though government funding focuses on military uses for these new gizmos, they can and do end up in the hands of civilian law enforcement and in commercial applications. As spending continues and neurotechnology advances, that imagined world is no longer the stuff of science fiction or futuristic movies, and we postpone at our peril confronting the ethical and legal dilemmas it poses for a society that values not just personal safety but civil liberty as well.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here we go. Close to 'Minority Report'. How would you feel walking down the street and thinking about something that may be against the law and all of a sudden you are swept away by the authorities and hauled away? How is this technology going to be regulated? Who is to say that because we think something that we are guilty?
Is this how we are going to be putting people behind bars? I guess the thought police are closer than we think.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/14/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is truly scary, great article, unfortunately if a thing is possible to be developed, then eventually in time it will be and no force can stop it but God.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They might be able to create devices to read your mind as you walk down the street but the human mental ability will overcome it after a while. With enough mental discipline and training you could learn to control your thoughts while out in public. For everything a human designs another human is going to figure out how to get around it if need be.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

I agree. whenever any kind of technology is released, there is someone on the other side trying to find a way around it. The mind is a very powerful tool. I am sure this will backfire in more ways than one if and when it is put into place. everyone get out your tin hats.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It'd be cool if you could train your mind to send "static" that would obscure you from those new-fangled thought-sensing cameras.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
As usual, palehorse23, great find/thread. Starred and Flaged...

I think it is becoming more and more common knowledge that the corporate playground centers on human behavior and how the brain percieves, interprets and subsequently bases decisions on external stimulii. There is indeed a lot of stimulii, so one aspect would be figuring a way to insure the greatest liklihood of gaining an individual's unfettered attention.

I keep saying it....The Marketing Industry is proof of this.....

I will come back here when I have more time...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

thanks Memory. You hit it on the head. People seem to be so easily manipulated to whatever it is they see or hear. Whether it be on TV, the radio, or in NYC just walking down the street. It doesn't surprise me one bit that the government is trying to harness this power for there own evil deeds. And it continues to amaze me how they claim things such as this are only going to be used for military purposes when we all know what the true intentions are.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Its going to be just like sex only far easier.

Baseball, baseball, hockey, team stats, garbage trucks......

new topics

top topics

join