It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Receiving of the sign of the beast today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Today at work, I had bought something for lunch. My total came to $6.66. I paid for it, did not change the order or anything. My question: Is this a sign? Should I not worry about it? Honestly I do not really care either way.

It is nothing but a number to me. Also, is this a way to receive the sign of the beast? How do you get the mark of the beast? I do not want the mark, I am just asking, so don't take me as being crazy.

I am hoping this is the right thread to put this post in, if not mod please move it to the right place. Thanks.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by jca2005]

[edit on 14-4-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Are you serious? That kinda stuff happens to me all the time. I'm not afraid of the number, I just dont want it on me and used as my ID or currency.

Don't be afraid of the number, the mark is the only thing you gotta worry about and that hasn't come out YET.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My husband WON'T pay that, he'll always give one cent more, just cause he wants to, not because he's scared of being eternally lost, but, he does it to prove a point.
I'd probably do the same thing, but, I haven't had that amount.

The 'Mark' will be something MUCH worse! I hope our family is Rapture-ready and we won't be here.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dude, why do you post things like this.....I rolled three 6's playing yahtzee...
(if you get a microchip implanted then ponder the mark of the beast thing)

(to self...dude...why do you respond to threads like this)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

What is the ponit he is trying to prove? Does he ever say 666? Or cringe when he hears the words 666? It doesn't bother me any, it's just a number to me, the only part that would bother me is like I have stated in my last post. I knew a guy who was scared of 666, he would listen to someone if they said it, I thought this was a very silly thing, it's just a number, the only danger is when it becomes a part of your life.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Dude, why do you post things like this.....I rolled three 6's playing yahtzee...
(if you get a microchip implanted then ponder the mark of the beast thing)

(to self...dude...why do you respond to threads like this)

Because I have free will, and because I can if that answers your question. Thank you and come again.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

If you willfully sin then you are taking the mark of the beast upon yourself. It is not a physical mark.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was born in June 66 (6-66)... Do I need to worry???

Take "Nero Caesar". Write it in ancient Hebrew. Take the letters that have a numerical value (Jews, like Romans, Greeks, etc. used letters for numbers) and add them up. Total comes to 666. You're 2000 years too late for Armaggeddon.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by ajmusicmedia]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This 666 stuff is bordering on insanity.

Reminds me of my accounting job for a good sized manufacturer. The time clocks punched 100ths of an hour, so every now an then there would be a 6:66 on a time card. We had one clerk who if she was doing a card with a 6:66 leap up from her desk and refuse to total the card. Such nonsense! This would be like the clerk at the store fleeing from the cash register every time this total came up. Gimme a break!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The only time in which you should worry about stuff like that is if it starts happening every single time.

In which case, you can either assume that someone is f#cking with you, or that the harbingers of the apocalypse are walking the earth.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Should I not worry about it?

If anything, you should worry about your worrying about this...

Surely, you're joking?
If you aren't, consider this: you only noticed the number because it is a visually striking pattern (as would be a sequence of any three identical numbers), with a special meaning attached to it.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
My husband WON'T pay that, he'll always give one cent more, just cause he wants to, not because he's scared of being eternally lost, but, he does it to prove a point.
I'd probably do the same thing, but, I haven't had that amount.

The 'Mark' will be something MUCH worse! I hope our family is Rapture-ready and we won't be here.

Your husband does not do that to prove a point. He got the total, he can't change that by just giving one cent more! It's just a number with no significant meaning to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
happens to me when i order a large spicy chicken sandwich combo from wendy's. haven't been to hell or infused with a demonic essence yet.

It's just a number with no significant meaning to me.

then why start a thread on it?

[edit on 15-4-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

i have worked in more than one tattoo shop..what would your husband do if he came across someone with the 666 tattooed on his face?
because it has been done...many times by people who are..get ready for it...CHRISTIANS..lol. people who could careless what meaning someone else puts on it.

to be scared, frightened, worriesome or any other synonym that goes with those words is a testament to the dilusion and pathetic attempt of the early christian church to try and control people. (that is not a slander to you or your husband)

do yourself a favor and take a pen and paper. sit down at a desk and write 666=love 10 times over.

maybe reading it and writing it will help remove any axiom that came with your past understanding of it.

good luck

edit: stupid punctuation

[edit on 15-4-2008 by abelievingskeptic]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I bought some ph strips from the health food store yesterday. The price on the little box was 9.99 which is 66.6 upside down. In 1999 I got in trouble for hanging the calendar at work upside down. So, really it could be 999 if everything is backwards or upside down. Some depict the devil as an upside down cross and yet Peter was supposedly crucified that way?

For many it may just be the fascination and preoccupation with these numbers that is the mark of the beast in all of us as we do calculate.

maybe it's also reference to the mark or curse upon Cain and his descendants for that number of years?

For those who like their weapons, maybe it's 18 rounds or three clips? etc., etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Abelievingskeptic;

Tattoos are actually forbidden in the Bible,
Lev 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD.

Why would you do that to your face?

We aren't 'scared' of the number 666, However, why would the elite use it (as merely numbers)if it weren't meaningful?
Tha antichrist WILL use it and if anyone takes the mark, No matter what you're told, you will be damned.

BTW, my hubby and I BOTH have tattoos from when we weren't Christians.
I drew one of mine myself.
[edit on 15-4-2008 by Clearskies]

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hello all. You know you've been brainwashed when you start fearing the number 666, it's all mind control. Religion uses many mind control techniques. Can people not just believe in God and reject religion in all it's forms? The idea of there being a God is good but the idea of religion isn't.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
sigh...

honestly, mam...

can i be honest here for a sec? do you read with your eyes? they are there for a reason. because you have misconstrued or mis understood almost everytime I have replied to you. is it on purpose? Words are to understand the person your'e communicating with. Maybe i was not clear?? (although, reading it again. i don't understand where you got it from)

but please, read my post again. i never said i tattooed my face. Though, i do know people who have their eye lids tattooed 666. personally (since i have to clarify, i guess), it is not my style, but i am not gunna write him off as an "evil doer." no matter what the bible says or what you say. there is nothing wrong with it. because YOU see it as a negative symbol does not mean that it is naturally evil or a bad thing.

ask yourself a few questions.. is the number 666, in general, bad? ok, so are 666 bananas bad? how about 666 posts on ats? or evern better..how about 666 angels..or 666 prayers? what about 666 churches? are these ALL bad?

maybe it is just the notion of 666 that is an easy projected representation of evil? so when your husband decides to give an extra penny and he gives 6.67, then who is winning? is he DEFYING evil or is he giving it its credit by recognizing it?

being fearful of an antichrist, 666, god, or the end of the world is not going to get you anywhere but farther from whatever it is you are striving for. i wish you the best of luck, honestly.

for some reason these extreme fearful/ fundamentalist views from posters like you give me inspiration to actually post. usually i just like to read peoples opinions and learn from different topics. but i cant help but to feel sorry for people like you (and i am really not saying that to be condescending...believe me, I have a lot to regret and a lot to make up for. so in no way do i find myself in a better position or better than you). it just makes me want to extend a hand and try to just maybe give you a different perspective and open your mind just an eency weency bit.

and by all means please provide reference as to WHO exactly the elite are and WHEN they have used it. please clarify the definition of WHAT elite means to you. answer yourself those questions...then think.... if you absolutely know who the elite are and what they are going to use it for, then, are they sooo elite by your definition? and if you know, then you will see it coming! so what is there to be fearful about?

and it sounds like your proud of your tattoo. very good for you! you should be. congratulations!

and since you brought it up, i will have to respond in the same way....

the lord also said "thou shall not kill"..yet he murdered thousands of canaanites..hhmmmm..theres a bible fart for ya!
a simple example of 'god ' contradicting himself..according to man

top topics

join