It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Shatner says info on Mars soon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is it just me or are people overly cynical here? You people need to lighten up!

Anyway, Shat could be talking about anything. Microbial life, intelligent life, a joke, etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
So watch what you say about Kirk. He is just as likely as other starship commanders, if not more so, to find a way to win. He relishes finding and exploiting weaknesses in most any given scenario.

Exactly, like the way he took a hollow log, some charcoal, some diamonds, and some sulphur and built a cannon to kill the Gorn. Picard wouldn't have been able to figure that out, no way.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Bill Shatner's connection to Mars research is strictly on the business level. Shat narrates the Mars Rising program featured on the Science Channel — it's actually a pretty decent program, inasmuch as it addresses Mars exploration from a strictly scientific perspective, rather than from the Richard Hoaxland and ATS fantasy angle.

My guess is that Shatner has seen a few new Mars Rising scripts containing provocative speculations regarding the possibility of Martian life, and he's trying to drum up viewership for the show.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I used the Trek Gorn episode to come up with PREDATOR. AHHHRNOLD played the Captain Kirk role.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

You can mock Hoagland all you want for what most of the sheeple public perceive as wild claims.Hoagy is closer to delivering the truth than the over-cautious and mislead/mis-informed scientists who have not the first clue about HUMANOIDS and other similar advanced species on Mars,and many highly evolved animals. cliff carving of symetrical face
found Mars man 2004 spring Spirit rover. Middle aged man looks at camera/side glance.Perhaps it moved an startled him or made a noise when the pic was taken.Did he see a small flash of focusing red laser beam shine brightly in his eyes and jolt a bit?Did the camera seem to come to life and zoom on him? Does he look a bit surprised? Why didn't nasa release this info half a decade ago? OH WE'RE not ready.WE can't HANDLE the TRUTH....I see. OK no problem,let's all bury our heads on the count of THREE.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

"Denny Crane
" ( fires shotgun)

Mungo

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If there is any greatness in Bill Shatner, it is in his willingness to risk his career and put himself at personal risk by kissing the character of Uhura on StarTrek.

Most of you are too young to remember that event or its impact on society or television, but it was a huge thing and very brave of Bill to do.

I am grateful that the racism of that age has dwindled to embers slowly burning out.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah I remember that back in the 60's when I was 10 or 11. It was as you say a bold move for tv back then. I ghostwrote for Trek 1987 and purposely requested a black actor for the lead/starring role in Deep Space 9.That was nowhere near the risk in terms of public acceptance.It was only Sisko and his son(limited appearance WIFE) that I requested black actors. Bashir I wanted Indian. I chose the actor who played Odo from the show Benson.I chose the actor who played O'Brien(who resembles me) from the Red October movie.Quark's Mom I chose Andrea Martin from Second City TV(comedy).There were some others I chose for Voyager and STNG.I even got STNG to feature Stephen Hawking to play himself as a hollogram as an expert from 20th century on black holes. Hawking was thrilled to be offered the command performance of his life.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's good to know William Shatner has become a leading authority on space because he wore a leoptard on a tv series set for 18 months

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join