It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alberto Gonzales can't find a job.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Alberto Gonzales can't find a job.

www.nytimes.com

By NEIL A. LEWIS
Published: April 13, 2008

WASHINGTON — Alberto R. Gonzales, like many others recently unemployed, has discovered how difficult it can be to find a new job. Mr. Gonzales, the former attorney general, who was forced to resign last year, has been unable to interest law firms in adding his name to their roster, Washington lawyers and his associates said in recent interviews.

He has, through friends, put out inquiries, they said, and has not found any takers. What makes Mr. Gonzales’s case extraordinary is that former attorneys general, the government’s chief lawyer, are typically highly sought.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There is, if not a god, poetic justice.

Perhaps he could get a job with FEMA or as a waterboard instructor with the CIA.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
When the interviewer asks a question does he say: "I'm sorry, I cannot recall." Because if that's the case, I can certainly understand why. I'm sure Mr. Bush will toss some money his way to help his old buddy along in these times of need.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Good.

Pinnochio Gonzo should be rotting in a prison cell along side all of these other criminalistic heathens...This guy is a slime-bag who deserves to go to jail (at the very least) for what he's done.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Conservative think tanks or some right wing University will give Mr. Gonzales a job paying more than the rest of us chumps can ever hope to make. Or get a cushy book deal from Eagle forum. Then the lecture circuit extolling the virtues of the Bush administration. The right wing, if nothing else is loyal to their people.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I understand the Russians are looking for people to send to Mars...,

Also, fast food services are always hiring. And he should check with the local produce farmers. Out here on Long Island we have places where he can wait with others to be picked up by lawn care and construction companies for day labor.

But seriously, why hasn't his 'good buddy' thrown him a bone?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, thats what happens when you have friends like him

Come here Roberto, you can pick toe jam cant you?
I'll give you $5 for all ten toes and you must say "I'm Bush's lover" 50 times or you dont get paid.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well now, that's probably the best news I've read in a long time. It couldn't have happened to a better person. Perhaps he should look into serving up hot lunches in a school system somewhere.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

I agree, when your publicalyl shown to be a liar, and in cahoots with criminals I imagine you'd have a hard time convincing in an interview.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
I'm sure Mr. Bush will toss some money his way to help his old buddy along in these times of need.

Exactly, all he needs to do is to hint that he might "come clean" and they'll either "end it all" quickly for him, or give him a nice payoff in hush money.

The other option, as whaaa pointed out, is for him to get himself a book deal and hit the lecture circuit; however, given the reception that Rove has been recieving, he may want to skip the lecture circuit portion.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, he could come down to pondscum level and get a job washing dishes.... atleast it's a job, it pays, you get overtime, no vaca time though. Not much questioning goes into dish-washing jobs other than, are you a legal resident?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
He can not find a job? Hey is plenty of pecan, peanuts and more down south in my neck of the woods he can join his own peers the immigrant workers and make a good living and even get enough money to buy a truka.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Poor, poor Alberto. He did so well in law school. He rose through the ranks of his profession quickly. But he never learned one very simple truth. It is the core of our legal system. He should've spent more time reading between the lines of all those weighty tomes on jurisprudence. He might've discovered the unwritten rule of conduct for lawyers.

NEVER, EVER, EVER, &%$* with another lawyer. (sorry mods, truth hurts, doesn't smell good either). They will turn on you faster than pack of hyenas turn on a hierarchic rebel.

Cosmic irony (and her sister, Cosmic Justice), don't smell nearly as bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Alberto- "I thought you said you were going to call."
Law Firm- "I'm sorry I don't recall that conversation."

Serves him right I guess, heh.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The best news I read all day

Maybe he can start a law practice with Harriet

"Gonzo and Meier" if you have been injured in a car accident...call us...the ambulance chasers..... We will learn the law along with you."

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Let me shed a crododile tear...

Oh! Wait! Crocs are endangered....let's hope Fonzie is, as well....

I hear Aloha Airline is hiring....oops, bad, that. ATA....uh oh, my bad. Well, he's shortish, kinda looks like he'd be a good Flight Attendant, he's got the double-speak down to a 'T'....speaking of tea, the other choices are milk or coffee....

[edit on 4/14/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
He probably wouldnt be safe leaving his "hacienda" anyway!!

That's what he gets for worshipping the wrong Gods.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is good that no one will give him a job. It disgusts me to see universities spending 50k to let Turdblossom speak and I pray that Gonzales doesn't get the same easy money.

His future job should be making big rocks into little rocks while wearing a fancy orange jumpsuit.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Gosh, I wish I could find a University to give me 5 or 6 figures to speak!

Oh, but I'm not a fat, thinning-hair two-faced liar who managed to malign good people, and thus, propel his 'choice' into an 'election'....

Still not sure how 'turdblossom' managed to influence the Supremes....well, ATS is a conspiracy site, after all....I suggest that Scalia and Thomas are secretly lovers....maybe in the same restroom stall next to Larry Craig.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves....

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Jeesh... you know times are bad when no one in a law firm even wants to take a chance on hiring an illegal alien. Gonzales... he's illegal, right? White House landscaper...? Always grooming that one Bush...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join