It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worms are more important than people!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I saw this documentary on TV, I wanted to see the whole thing, but unfortunately I only saw the last half hour of it, but luckily for me (and us) I found it on Google video.
A statement was made on the program; that earthworms could live and survive quite well without humans on planet Earth, but could we without earthworms?

No, the Earth doesn't even need humans, it's like we don't even belong here, like we were just put here on this planet by aliens or something.

Anyway, here is the documentary, I found it very interesting.

Life After People

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Does that include people that are worms?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Earth does not need a lot of species. Even worms. Moon is there and has no worms. Sun is worm-free.
Earths ecosystem needs worms, however. But there was a time when it did not needed worms, then worms appeared and as more complex and adaptable life-form took somebody's niche. That did not mean that they do not belong.
The fact that a lot of species are "pushed" by humans to make more space for ourself is of course problematic but it does not mean that it is a total catastrophe.
We are not illness on the face of the planet,extraterrestrials or "virus". We just the most dangerous life form on Earth - to everything, including ourself. Kurt Vonnegut blames the brains in it -all i am saying - "Give brains a chance...".

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Humans do serve an ecological role, even at present, as top predators. Problem is, we've taken over the world and are now taking much more than we need, therefore throwing off the balance. One day it may collapse on a global scale... natural selection's way of making sure one species doesn't gain too much of the upper hand.

There are many, many types of worms... remove all of them, and all ecosystems would collapse. Simple as. So, ecologically, worms are vastly more important than people.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyCM (work)
Humans do serve an ecological role, even at present, as top predators. Problem is, we've taken over the world and are now taking much more than we need, therefore throwing off the balance. One day it may collapse on a global scale... natural selection's way of making sure one species doesn't gain too much of the upper hand.

There are many, many types of worms... remove all of them, and all ecosystems would collapse. Simple as. So, ecologically, worms are vastly more important than people.

Our role is to destroy...

new topics

top topics

join