It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting find in Denver...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
While playing on goole maps I found something interesting on the property of the Denver international airport.

maps.google.com...

Just southwest of this intersection you will notice 2 dark patches. One has a building in it, the other looks to have multiple service roads leading to it.

Now, if you zoom in as close as you can to the eastern patch, you see what looks like an enterance into something underground. As of last week, there was actually an SUV pictured at the enterance, although looking at it today it seems as though they have a new picture up

Seems as though google maps will only default my link to the main Denver Airport location. If in the search bar you enter "Hayesmount rd. & E 120th Ave, Denver, co", it will take you to the intersection I speak of (a bit northeast of the actual airport).

Any insight into what this may be would be much appreciated.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Still confused about the just southwest and a bit northeast directions. Dark patches and roads and an SUV that was there but isn't now, I'm confused. Looking at the map, there are "dark patches" here and there-- which one? A patch of dirt, or a patch of road, or a patch of what dark? Interesting, maybe, if you had a suspicion of what the dark patch leading underground was, but an open discovery on an airport, I want to see and go "ooh" but which patches?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sorry, with the way the link keeps defaulting, it's a bit confusing.

Click the link, then, in the search bar, type "Hayesmount rd. & E 120th Ave, Denver, co". Change to sattelite view, then zoom in to the fourth tick mark from the top.

From the intersection that comes up, follow Haysmouth Road south until the first crossroad(on the map, the terrain changes from brown to green at the crossroad).

Follow that crossroad west for just a few inches and you will see the dark patches. Zoom in a little more and in the eastern most dark patch, you will see what I am talking about.

If anyone knows how to get a link the an exact location on google maps, please, let me know.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i think i found it . try copy/paste this 39.905708,-104.649756

i put that in and i ttook me right to it, then just zoom in

edit to add: if thats it i think it looks like a tunnel that goes through the mountain/hill. if u look a little further southwest there looks to be another entrance/exit.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by keeff]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Yes, thats it, thank you. Any idea? (Sorry for the one-liner=))

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

reply oneliner to your onliner: see edit above >

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
denver intl. is suppose to be a big illuminati meeting place full of underground bases

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

That was my thought as well. The one just to the south doesnt seem to actually be an opening(shadows can play tricks though).

Just to the west of this, in the other "dark patch", there is a building. It would make sense that this were some sort of a mine, except for the fact that it is on airport property.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
it looks to be about 125 feet long, and i also saw the building on what looks to be gated area with one or two houses.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brotherhood89

That's kind of my point. Not quite sure why there would be an entrance out in the open, if that is indeed what it is though.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i juast put it into google earth and tried to get a 3d picture. it shows a little mountian to the north, but where the entrance/exits are there is no elevation(sp).

there is only one road heading to the building,East 114th avenue.

i have no clue>< intresting though

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was somewhat confused with your directions also, but I think I found what you are talking about. It's actually farther southwest than i was looking originally.

The 'underground entrance you are referring to (if I am looking at the right structure) is a cement culvert for the airport's surface drain field. If you look southwest of the 'V' shaped opening that catches your eye, you will see another identical one with the hay field between them.

What looks like a road leading into the northeast structure appears to be the outlet ditch. I don't think it has been driven into because if you look just to the north you will see the tracks made by vehicles driving next to the ditch, while there aren't any tracks in the ditch itself.

Now, I think I know what it is, but exactly WHY it's there? That's a good question. Perhaps that land has been platted for future expansion requiring the improved drainage? Or maybe the farmer who owns the field got that put in for free when they took some of his land for the airport? I don't know.

Anyway, it's a puzzler.
Montana

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Any Ideas on this?

Plane

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I saw an interesting feature near the parking (waiting) area. Little planes carved out of the ground or cut in the grass.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There's another one near the runway. Looks like it could be some kind of drain maybe? Type in "39.846174, -104.686586". That should go right to it.

Edit - After looking a bit more, there are several of these structures around the runways. They look (to me) even more like storm drains.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by BRQuick]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by satcom

There are supposedly two hidden runways at DIA. This could be one of them. More importantly, it seems like maybe they have an underground storage facility for planes.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by satcom

That looks like an airport fire department test pit with a mock aircraft. They normally use something like that to set on fire and test their ability to put the fire out, rescue passengers, etc. Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you look around the airport there are tons of thoughts buildings so i highly doubt its anything that needs looking into being there are so many of them. Plus if you look closely it appears that they are holding water of some kind.

-Mr.x211

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
They are drains.
They are scattered all over the airport.
They are not secret meeting places for anyone, with maybe the exception of some young kids.
Have a good day.

new topics

top topics

join