It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border crossers use torches, bungees on fence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Border crossers use torches, bungees on fence

www.msnbc.msn.com

COLUMBUS, New Mexico - Illegal immigrants armed with torches, hacksaws, ladders and even bungee cords are making it around a section of the U.S.-Mexico border fence hailed as the most efficient way to stop them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks like the Bush plan to protect our borders has a few gaps in it???

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If I were them I would be running the other way!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was raised about 10 miles North of Columbus in New Mexico and my parents still live there. What this article fails to state is that several months ago the entire police force in Palomas, Mexico (Columbus' neighbor town right across the border) all fled across to the USA and applied for asylum. This has left a huge swath of Mexico border without any Mexican authorities protecting it and doing their share. As a result, Luna County has seen a dramatic increase in illegals.

The sad truth is the only way this mass exodus will ever be squelched is to dramatically strengthen both the penalties to companies and individuals hiring and assisting illegals and the penalties against the illegals, themselves. Arizona has a good idea with the Minute man project and I believe if New Mexico and West Texas put their own armed militiamen along the borders it would help dramatically. It isn't likely in New Mexico, however, since governor Bill Richardson is viewed as being somewhat sympathetic to the plight of the illegal alien and a large percentage of the state's hispanic voters are believed to be against any real attempt at securing the border.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I think we should station some national guardsmen on the border with orders to kill. Illegals are going to be a lot less thrilled about hopping the border when their last two friends that tried got shot and thrown back over the fence.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

cant really blame them can you???
last week the army took over Juarez and arrested over a hundred people just plucking them off the streets... cant really blame them were quickly creeping up on 800 murders in Juarez since the start of year...
anymore its not about making some extra money to buy the kids nice things and maybe send them to school... now their trying to escape a drug war where the bad guys are better armed then the army is...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by burdman30ott6

cant really blame them can you???
last week the army took over Juarez and arrested over a hundred people just plucking them off the streets... cant really blame them were quickly creeping up on 800 murders in Juarez since the start of year...
anymore its not about making some extra money to buy the kids nice things and maybe send them to school... now their trying to escape a drug war where the bad guys are better armed then the army is...

This wasn't a problem when I was a little kid in the 80's. Hell, we used to employ a couple at the ranch here and there and while against the law, at that time the law looked the other way because it was just an example of folks trying to make a better life for themselves and their family back in Mexico. When the game changed was when the illegals started commiting serious crimes on a regular basis. People killed, women raped, homes burglarized, vehicles stolen in absolutely insane amounts, etc. They started coming across, committing crimes, and then allowed themselves to be picked up by the border patrol who they knew wouldn't even attempt to ID them, just drive them back across to mexico, unload them, and return thinking they'd simply caught an illegal alien and done their jobs.

Many of the problems in Mexico they have brought upon themselves. There are processes to go through in which you can send your children to school here legally (Deming public schools, for instance has a program in which they bus acorss and fully educate every child in Palomas at no cost to Mexico. Deming, BTW, is a medium sized city 20 miles North of Columbus.) There used to be an aid group in Luna County that would go across into Mexico and build homes for these people, educate the adults, and try to get them work visas and jobs in the food plants around Deming. Within a matter of a year or two those new houses were utterly trashed and many with work visas had seen them revoked thanks to DUI convictions or other violations of the law by the workers.

Juarez has been a nest of murderers, rapists, and drug dealers since long before I was even born. I'd ocassionally drive there in college to go drinking. At the time they were in the middle of a prostitute & female tourist murder spree. They'd found hundreds of bodies in the desert East of the city. Some years later they determined it was a rape/murder ring involving bus drivers, cab drivers, and several police officers on the Juarez force. If the people would invest half the energy they waste trying to subvert our border defenses into overthrowing corruption and bettering their own country, Northern Mexico would be a decent place.

new topics

top topics

join