It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails Vs Contrails... There's a MASSIVE Difference!!! Check these out...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is for BUMR055, and PROFFESIONAL....nice enhancement, PRO.

BUMR, your question was about how the contrails seem to be close together, but very different?

That is an illusion -- they are at different altitudes, and not directly aligned one atop the other. It's the angle of the POV.

I'll use telephone poles as an example, (although they are vertical, and don't drift with the prevailing airmass)....you certainly have real-world experience of the change in alignment based on your POV? Only big problem with my telephone pole analogy is perspective....we KNOW they are all the same height and width, so we can KNOW which one is closest, etc.

Your photo shows two contrails, one tight and compact, and being blown around by the wingtip vortices...and/or there was some turbulence there as well. Likely it was near a shear area between airmasses at different velocities or directions. Based on the distinctiveness of the 'curly-cue' trail, I'd wager it was laid-down at a lower altitude, slightly off-set towards the camera. The other one, more 'feathered', was likely about 5 minutes sooner, higher up, in nice smooth air.

If you could look at them live, and climb up in altitude from the original vantage point, it would become apparent whether or not I'm correct.

I've seen a lot of contrails from the air, from above, below, and side. I've crossed other contrails at right angles, and at all angles in between.

I think after 30 years of observing, I am somewhat qualified to have an opinion....

WW

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
weedwhacker, just type "chemtrail photo's" into your google page and start perusing. there is no shortage of them. add "satellite" on the end, and you see more.

here is a link to one from NOAA.

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The contrail is a contrail. The corkscrew is a Prandtl-Glauert singularity from vortices. Probably the same aircraft.
I described the processes that form each in various threads (I think this same picture even, but I'm not sure).

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Just having fun....trying to bring the contrail out in detail :-)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

thanks weedwacker...im not sure to tell the difference in altitude of the contrails...given that they are relatively parallel they are probably most likely from the same aircraft. I see your point about one being from the tail vortices, and the others being from the engines themselves, but I am not sure about this photo. :-)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

PRO, just to clarify....the contrails are formed as a result of the hot engine exhaust interacting with air that has sufficient relative humididty to form ice crystals in quantities that are dense enough to be visible.

The wingtip vortices generally drop about 300 feet, and spread laterally. In smooth air, the engine exhaust will not encounter the vortices.

In 'choppy' air (if you've flown, you know what I mean) then the contrails will encounter the unstable air, and the vortices will as well, and they may then interact....those 'curly-cue' contrails don't last very long at all...

WW

edit for ps...the fact that they're parallel simply means two different airplanes passed by, at different altitudes, on the same route.....

[edit on 5/4/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Theoretically the corkscrew contrails could persist. You'd have to have alot of ambient humidity at very low temperature (lower than normal even at alititude), and the wings would have to cause a large amount of low pressure, but it's possible. It's a much more complicated process though, because as the low pressure diminishes as the vortice expands, the dew point rises again...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

... images I have seen of storm fronts with contrails either immediately in front of or immediately in back of the storms.

Usually ahead of storms

An increase in cirrus cloud is often an indication that a warm front is approaching. And persistent contrails are just manmade cirrus - the exhaust simply provides the nuclei around which the ice crystals that make up cirrus can form. If these manmade clouds persist and spread across the sky along with naturally formed cirrus to form a thin, hazy sheet, sometimes resulting in a halo around the sun, you can usually be sure that rain is on the way.

However, when such fronts are pushing through areas of high pressure they may well be weak and not produced much if any precipitation - thus we get the spread of cirrus and hazy skies but no rain. This tends to happen more often over continents rather than in places like Britain where most fronts are in association with active Atlantic depressions.

If there are few other clouds around contrails persist but do not spread out across the sky it's usually an indication that fine weather will continue - typically under high pressure.

Obviously there are always exceptions
But as an aid to non-instrument weather forecasting is about the only good think you can say about contrails!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

bfft, thanks for that link to rense (LOL....rense?!?)

So, I see a satellite photo of semi-transparent cirrus clouds...so what?

How about some time-lapse sat pics? let's look at this in more depth, eh/

WW

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah, i know....the source.

i have been horizontal for a few days, and finding that link took quite the effort. Perhaps when i can be vertical again i will fare better.

In the meantime, since you have some experience with this sort of thing (by your own admission), perhaps you could find something of the like?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Zorgon's missing post made room for yours again....

Missing post?
must be effects of those chemtrails huh? seems I can find it

Well I have other work to do so I will leave the chemtrails for now until something new pops up

[edit on 5-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z, your post shows up clearly when anyone cares to link to my 'reply to' your post, from my post.....and your stupid jokes are laid bare, Sir.

As I said, watch out for the Schnapps....mixed with rum????

ps...we'll clash swords again, methinks!!

WW

edit...for clarity, the issue we're discussing is on page 13. Thanks.

[edit on 5/5/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
any one else here feel they have cut back on the spraying activity in the last year or two. A few years back , 2004ish when I started to noticing these things it was like gang busters, insane activity.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join