It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popculture America: How to easily brainwash a nation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is so plain to see that America is being run by popculture. What goes on TV and is aired in the news, is mostly influenced by what young America wants to watch and gives ratings to. Nowadays, Celebrities are the thing to watch and keep track of ; more than ever before! Why do more people care nowadays too? Because, first of all, It has become part of the NEWS. Many times, you'll be sitting on your couch, watching TV and there comes the NEWS update letting you know what will be on when the NEWs show comes on, and they catch you with the latest thing in the celebrity world. And there justification is that they need ratings.

This isn't the only thing that I find disgusting about the media. I find it even more abhoring to see them promoting sex through "recent studies say sex 2 times a day is good for your heart " and " if you haven't had sex with your spouse this week, you could be having marriage problems"

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Faaip de Oiad

Oh come on, how can you not like Paris Hilton.
Wait a sec, what the heck is she famous for anyway?

The media will dictate who is and who is not hip and will influence the public into accepting this person as "celebrity".

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah that is very true. The media actually creates and can create attraction to certain people. They can actually make you consider somebody grand, or hot, or despicable, and simply by feeding you ideas about them. I can find many examples of this with celebrities.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faaip de Oiad
...I can find many examples of this with celebrities.

...And organisations, political groups, people who speak out, war protesters, 9-11 'truthers'...

The media is the tool used to control the mass mind of the majority of the population.

It tells people what to think, who to love, who to hate, how to dress, what to buy, what to desire...

It's not popular culture to blame, as pop culture is created and controlled by the media now.

Btw I see nothing wrong with promoting sex per se, you must be religious? Or conditioned by the church to think sex is sinful...

Who is telling you what to think?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yeah, Gordon Ramsey comes to mind. Racism maybe.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I think there is something wrong when these commercials come on during daytime hours when my children are awake. I have a 10 year old a 4 year old and a 5 year old they don't need to know how many times a day is good for your heart.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Wait a sec, what the heck is she famous for anyway?

Being a skank ho...even though she's got millions upon millions....

new topics

top topics

join