It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Forces in Afghanistan Supply the Taliban with Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

NATO Forces in Afghanistan Supply the Taliban with Weapons

www.globalresearch.ca

KABUL, Afghanistan: A coalition helicopter trying to supply Afghan police with munitions dropped supplies in the wrong location and Taliban fighters later recovered the weaponry, an intelligence official said Sunday.

A member of parliament, however, said he didn't believe the arms drop was an accident.

Amrullah Saleh, the head of Afghanistan's intelligence service, told a parliament security committee "coalition forces" intended to place weapons, ammunition and food at a police checkpoint in a remote section of the southern province of Zabul in late March.

"By mistake it was dropped somewhere far from the checkpoint. Later the Taliban came and they picked it up," Saleh later told reporters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
For some reason I don't think this was a accident.

I think the entire Afganistan invasion was based not on Al qadia or the taliban, or Osama Bin Laden, but on Oil pipelines and Heroin.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Flag and star.

Good find. Seems like a lot of conflicting reports. Could this be more proof that the US is still funding and operating the Taliban?

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Could be, that is what I was thinking when I found this.

With lies as big as we are living in the truth has to come out at some point.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, we can't have them go belly up and surrender can we? We need to make sure our 'bad guys' stick around. Opium trade is that important. Oil pipelines are that important. Haliburton's income flow is that important.

It's apparent everywhere. Surveillance is such that we can't use the nearest restroom without being located, but our 'most wanted' 'terrorists' are whooping it up in Dubai, Istanbul, Singapore and of course, the infamous super-secret 'coalition-proof' caves of Afghanistan . GPS technology can narrow locations down to a square foot. Satellite imaging can read a name tag on the kid at the McDonald's drive-through.

But we can't make supply drops accurately - that would be too much to expect.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by downtown436

Good find. Seems like a lot of conflicting reports. Could this be more proof that the US is still funding and operating the Taliban?
[edit on 14-4-2008 by Sublime620]

I disagree. It actually sounds like one individual's report conflicting with a number of others.

I have a few issues with the idea this was some great attempt at providing supplies to our enemy...
1. If this was a known Taliban hideout, why was it not leveled long ago? Either this Tukhi is a liar, he possesses information on Taliban hideouts that the rest of the coalition does not, or he is a man that is excitable and subject to fits of paranoia.
2. A war isn't won or lost based on one "small box" of supplies being dropped into the wrong hands. Considering even Tukhi isn't trying to say this has happened on other occassions, I think if someone were working both sides he'd have "rumors" of other mistaken drops. To our knowledge, this was an isolated incident.
3. If it wasn't dropped by a NATO bird or a US coalition bird, who dropped it? That basically only leaves one of the few Afghan choppers that could be flying in the region with any approval or clearance, so maybe this Tukhi should look inside his own government for some of these answers he seems to want.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

If we went and leveled all the Taliban hideouts we would win the war wouldn't we.

If we were in a war we would be destroying the enemy.

Instead we are just occupying Afghanistan, and have to make the world believe that there is an enemy.

The war on Terror is just like the war on drugs. You can't win, and that is the point. The MIC makes their money on perpetual war, when a war is won, it's over, and nobody makes any money off of peace (in the MIC).

Also the other reasons for the occupation which have been discussed already in this thread, are reasons to stay in Afghanistan forever.

new topics

top topics

join