It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Passes Anti-Free Speech Resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
story here

On March 28th, the United Nations Human Rights Council passed a resolution (32-0) that directs the body’s expert on free speech to report on “individuals and news media for negative comments on Islam.” Lists of those that speak negatively towards Islam will be drawn up.

So much for free speech. And what will happen to those on the hit list?
(reminds me of a Nazi list ... write up people who disagree and turn them in)

No other religion is covered by the Muslim-backed resolution

There is a question as to if the UN has violated it’s own Declaration of Human Rights with this vote. Also – it is believed that the resolution will give repressive regimes, both Islamic and non-Islamic, a further excuse to crack down on ‘dissent’ in their own countries.

What about Muslim discrimination against other religions in Islamic countries? For example, in Pakistan and Egypt, the two countries that proposed the anti-free speech motion, Christians are a persecuted minority. What about the president of Libya, Muammar Gaddafi? Last month he insulted Christians and Jews worldwide when he went to Uganda and called the Bible a forgery.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
HAMAS vows to destroy Catholic Church.

So ... according to the UN ... it's just fine and dandy for Hamas to openly declare war against The Vatican (which is a soverign nation) and declare war against the Pope.

But it is NOT okay for anyone in the world to expose the dark side of ISLAM?

HELLO?
Wake up world!!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So, it's just fine for anyone criticising the state of Israel to be pilloried and have their lives ruined, as has been the case for a long time, yet when it's applied to another group it's a free speech issue?

Come on people, wake up from the manipulation.

People have different opinions about things. Making it a crime to criticise another race or religion is not going to change opinions. If anything, it'll have a negative affect and further radicalise those with strong opinions, which is of course the desired effect. Cause more outrage and confrontation, keep conflict going - heaven forbid people should see through all this and peace break out

Remember the old saying, "opinions are like a***holes, we all have them"

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'd be worried if this had been passed by anyone other than the UN.

Un-enforceable law from a toothless tiger, although it might just be a bit of pandering.

Gotta love those double standards though

I'd be outraged by the hypocrisy if this weren't quite so pathetic and transparent.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Where's the UN resolution to protect my rights???

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ah.

That would be the proverbial chink in our armour, right there.

Now all they have to do is make it bigger, and add bits to it.

Sooner or later we're not even going to be able to talk about totalitarianism, through fear it might offend someone.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I didn't know people still paid attention to the UN.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
CyberSEAL - not only do some pay attention to the UN, but they think the UN is the governing world body that American must lay down it's soverignty for, and lay down our national security for.

Nevermind that it's a corrupt cesspool of euro-centric anti-americans.

Wonder if the UN will go along with the Islamic call to make MECCA take over for Greenich Mean Time?

:shk:

I wouldn't doubt it ... considering what the article says about them taking away free speech rights. story here

[edit on 4/23/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join