It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open letter of apology to Skeptic Overlord

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

If it was gonna make you a little green around the gills it had to be soppy.

And elton does soppy very well

I'm not really gay.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Happy 1st ATS Birthday Minnie!!!!

Oh... crap. Wrong thread. Now I have to apologize :shk:

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Alexi Humi]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

What can I say?

With all of your "group hug" talk, you just struck me as an Elton lovin' kinda guy.

If you're looking for a more literal answer, then you'd have to ask the guy who wrote the lyrics. If there are other musicians who've covered the song, then I'm unaware of such.

reply to post by budski

Ya pretty much nailed it.

[edit on 4/21/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

What can I say?

With all of your "group hug" talk, you just struck me as an Elton lovin' kinda guy.

Holy Moly, that is so wrong.
Hate to disappoint you but I don't roll like that.
Just looked like everybody was apologizing for past experiences, I figured a group hug was inevitable.
I suggest you stop projecting.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You're killin' me!

It's no disappointment, and I'm fully aware that you love to assert that you "don't roll like that" any & every chance you get.

In fact, some might suggest that you're a little too defensive when anything possibly relating to homosexuality comes up...

Personally, I'm secure enough in my heterosexuality that I don't feel the least bit threatened hearing a song performed by an openly gay individual; it's just a song, and the performer's sexuality has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by Alxandro
I suggest you stop projecting.

Sorry buddy, but I can't.

I'd actually have to be "projecting" before I could "stop" doing such, and that's simply not the case here.

I'd suggest leaving the psychology to licenced psychologists, and that's coming from someone who minored in psych.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

It's no disappointment, and I'm fully aware that you love to assert that you "don't roll like that" any & every chance you get.

Every chance I get?
I certainly hope you can refresh my memory.
When have I made any references to what you are suggesting?

In fact, some might suggest that you're a little too defensive when anything possibly relating to homosexuality comes up...

Some? Some what? Who? Defensive? When anything relating to homosexuality comes up? I really wish you can provide me with some of my previous comments where I've gotten defensive about homosexuality.

Personally, I'm secure enough in my heterosexuality that I don't feel the least bit threatened hearing a song performed by an openly gay individual; it's just a song, and the performer's sexuality has nothing to do with it.

I don't understand why you think I feel threatened in any way when I tend not to listen to lyrics. If you're offended because I made a comment which refereced Elton John, then I'm sorry your feelings got hurt. Heck everyone else seems to be apologizing, so I will too.

I'd suggest leaving the psychology to licenced psychologists, and that's coming from someone who minored in psych.

Fair to me me but I still don't understand why you are going out of your way to target and attack me. I already said I was sorry for commenting about Elton but I think even you would agree a licensed psychologist would probably say you may have a thing for Latinos.

..but don't flatter yourself if you think I'm giving you a hug.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'm loving the love in.

Is that love'n or "love inn"?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Every chance I get?
I certainly hope you can refresh my memory.
When have I made any references to what you are suggesting?

Well, it's not worth an extensive search (since it's off topic), but you've made your opinions quite clear in threads like this one.

It's those darned gays causing your Healthcare premiums to rise.

Or how about when you told people that they "shouldn't gripe when the time comes to quarantine gays".

Defensive?

Yes, defensive. I find it interesting that you've taken a lighthearted jest and blown it up into being "targeted and attacked".

Many straight people "love" Elton John as well. Just because someone likes the work of a musician doesn't mean they "roll like that" when it comes to the musician's sexuality.

I tend not to listen to lyrics.

Perhaps if you focused more on the lyrics, instead of the performer, you would have understood how the song could be viewed as fitting.

If you're offended because I made a comment which refereced Elton John, then I'm sorry your feelings got hurt.

No, I wasn't offended. Just a bit curious as to why the musician was such an issue for you. After all, you just had "one question".

Fair to me me but I still don't understand why you are going out of your way to target and attack me.

Again, try not to be so defensive. It was a tongue-in-cheek jest to your "just one question".

I also said "for a more literal answer you'd need to ask the guy who wrote the lyrics". Sorry, but I'm not that guy, and I don't know why he gave them to Elton (thus making it an "Elton John song").

I think even you would agree a licensed psychologist would probably say you may have a thing for Latinos.

Again, leave the psychology to the licenced psychologists.

I'll admit that Salma, Penelope, Paz, and many others of Latino ethnenticity are drop dead gorgeous, but I don't have a "thing for Latinos" any more than I do regarding any other ethnic group; so I can't say that I'd agree with your amateur assessment.

As I said earlier though, this is all pretty off topic; so if you'd like to continue this line of discussion feel free to U2U me.

Back on topic:

I'm sorry for contributing to the derailment of your apology thread, SO.

[edit on 4/22/08 by redmage]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join