It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Troops Rescue British Journalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Iraqi Troops Rescue British Journalist

news.yahoo.com

Defense ministry spokesman Mohammed al-Askari said that an army patrol conducting a search came under fire from the house where Butler was being held. One of the gunmen was wounded in an exchange of fire and another captured while two men managed to escape, he said.

"The Iraqi army stormed the house and overcame my guards and they burst through the door," Butler said. "I had my hood on which I had to have on all the time and they shouted something at me and I pulled my hood off."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great job on the part of Iraqi troops. I think this goes to show that alot of the forces are beginning to show their readiness and worth in securing their coutry. Granted, they were not acting on a lead or direct investigation for the man, but nonetheless, considering he was bound and hooded during a firefight and came out unharmed shows from I can tell a more dsiciplined fighting style on their part.

If they wopuld have just come in shooting all over the place bullets would have been flying all over through the walls and hitting all kinds of unintended targets. they isolated their targets, and showed disgression during the engagement. Congragulatiosn to them once again.

they are showing great resolve in the battle of Basra, despite the recent sacking of 1300 security forces for lack of participation. With the help of American strategists, and only limited direct fire support, they are breaking through and proving themselves. This week may show great victories for Iraqi self-determination, finally.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join